Notices

Miami Beach SUCKS!

Old 02-24-2002, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Beach SUCKS!

If you go to the Miami Boat Show, next year DON'T GO TO MIAMI BEACH!!!! Espescially if you have to park there. It's expensive enough, and when you do park to patronize the local establishments they tow your vehicle. I'll stay in Miami next time. The drinks sucked , too, they charge premium prices and don't even give you a good stiff drink. Key West was a blessing after being screwed so much in Miami Beach.

A Pissed Off S.O.B.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

Dude, you should try to pull a boat around the streets of Miami and try to park you got to take a loan out just to pay to park the trailer.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:55 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

It may be less expensive if you were to go by boat, drop anchor and have a water taxi take you in...?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Jeff

hahaha, yep the same old **** down there. Guys I moved from south Fl. in 89. They can keep it, over priced, too crowded, just bull**** in general. Just glad that all the transplants are going there and not here in Sarasota. It's 3 hr drive there if I need to go.

Old 02-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I think it is pathetic that a city that large has a convention center, with a show the size of that one and had no parking !!!
I spent almost an hour, and a half finding a spot one day !!!
Even the dam shuttle lots were full. Very Sad situation
Old 02-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Registered

I feel your pain my friend. We made the mistake at the show in 2001 to stay in Sobe. I'll not do that again. They can count our money but if they can speak our language they chose not too.. My pro redneck buddy was ready to kill somebody by Sat night and it was all I could do to get him out of there without big trouble. We learned our lesson and this year we stayed in Lauderdale. And cheaper too. Drove right to the parking garage across from the show Monday morning and parked all day for 10 bucks. Go figure.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

I have known for years...that area does suck...you have to become very used to it. I tried to tell all...but they all must think I blow smoke. For the people who stay right there without transportation...it's OK. Now I stay north of there, rent a vehicle, have traveling rights and moving around as an option. After what I heard as to what people spend to stay near the highlife.......WOOOW. Stayed 5 nights and 6 days ....spent less than a 1000.00 and we didn't do the cheap stuff. But after trying to get into Monty's Friday night......that was enough. Did get to meet some people from OSO at the RUI. Finally after a few yers meet someone from OSO. I have been going to the show for over 20 years off and on. My parents used to live in Ft Lauderdale...so I know my way around pretty well.
But when they tow you vehicle...that is not pleasant. Especially if you speak English
Old 02-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Banned

Damn, it must be bad if it made Key West seem better. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the keys, but when I trailered down to KW, it was a pain to park, and I had to launch everyday. At the launch, I had to pay separately for lauching and parking (Garrison Bight). I don't remember any reasonably priced drinks either,(but that doesn't suprize me, I don't remeber much at all after the Duval Crawl ).
Old 02-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I live in Miami guys and I barely ever go to "Miami Beach" mainly because there is no parking, although there are many other reasons. Next time any of you guys or gals are coming down please email me and I'll tell you where to stay for reasonable $ and where to hang other than SoBe.

Later
Pantera24
Old 02-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't agree with you guys any more. I think Miami and especially SOBE Sucked the big one.

I've live in FL 7 years now, and I kept putting off going down there. Finally a Worthy(Very WORTHY ) cause came up, being the OSO get-together and the Boat show. We figure "What the Hell," Let's Go...

No one local speaks English, they are rude, and nasty down there. You can't get around, You can't park, You get reamed everywhere for entertainment and I'll be damned if I decide to take stroll and sight-see at night.

They can keep it...And hopefully they stay there!!!

Quick Reply: Miami Beach SUCKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.