Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Notices

Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Old 06-15-2008, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Ok... Here is my question: I keep hearing Cat Killer got beat but also that she broke. I wanna know if CK broke before or after the first bridge. Props to both boats, BTW.
I guess you are not familiar with the run or the area. We all idle out from Liberty Landing and start just shy of the GW Bridge, then run up to the TZ Bridge and continue up the Hudson river. The GW to the TZ is about a 15 1/2 mile run, in which most boats run their fastest. So pretty much breaking before the GW would be they broke idling up the Hudson or broke right at the start.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

So every time this boat goes anywhere and does anything...good or bad...it gets talked about all over here...

Since we are all such know-it-alls on the subject of offshore powerboats, Reggie's marketing ploy is looked upon with a large degree of derision. But to the average Joe on the water who thinks Fountain makes a killer boat...well...this would tend to attract him to the brand, no?

Anybody who knows the FIRST THING about marketing is well aware of the saying: ANY publicity is good publicity. Nuf said.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by augie58
Judging by post #8 Reggie can't claim that "maxed out"used a stripped down light weight crew
Ouch ! That's rough! Congrats Maxed out! Cat Killer my a$$
Old 06-15-2008, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
So every time this boat goes anywhere and does anything...good or bad...it gets talked about all over here...

Since we are all such know-it-alls on the subject of offshore powerboats, Reggie's marketing ploy is looked upon with a large degree of derision. But to the average Joe on the water who thinks Fountain makes a killer boat...well...this would tend to attract him to the brand, no?

Anybody who knows the FIRST THING about marketing is well aware of the saying: ANY publicity is good publicity. Nuf said.
Not really, to me it's the fact that ya have enough ballz to put the word Cat Killer on the side of the boat and then not live up to it. And let's not even go into comparing production to race ready, etc. If you are going to advertise a boat as the "Cat Killer" you better damn well beat the cat. But the fountain fell short, better chance next time. But for now the Cat Killer did not last the 15 1/2 mile stretch between the bridges. Yes the Vee was out in front in the beginning. But that didn't last for long as Maxed Out passed him in the stretch between the bridges.

So for now Skater gets great publicity!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Not really, to me it's the fact that ya have enough ballz to put the word Cat Killer on the side of the boat and then not live up to it. And let's not even go into comparing production to race ready, etc. If you are going to advertise a boat as the "Cat Killer" you better damn well beat the cat. But the fountain fell short, better chance next time. But for now the Cat Killer did not last the 15 1/2 mile stretch between the bridges. Yes the Vee was out in front in the beginning. But that didn't last for long as Maxed Out passed him in the stretch between the bridges.

So for now Skater gets great publicity!
So...you just made my point for me by adding another post. Dig?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WHY DIDN"T THEY UNLOAD IN JACKSONVILLE?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe an original phrase is in order. There was a cat killer before there was a Fountain.

I'm with Dee talks cheap. I'm so over the Cat Killer thing its getting to be like " I have the original Miami Vice boat", So what..........
Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Mybe it was already broke.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
they brought it all that way just for display? no competition there so why waste the gas? propaganda team was to hung over? more than 6 inch chop?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Spy footage taken clearly shows the Killer. Note final position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFU6EbQUFM

nice work JC.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.