Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
..and I'll match my racing creds with TD any time.
Anyone wondering???

Google: Chuck Sprague Danny Sullivan Indy 500 Win 1985

Also: Chuck Sprague Indy 500 Pit Stop Challenge winner
Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
..and I'll match my racing creds with TD any time.
I like this one From Fortune Magazine:

Story: WINNING IDEAS FROM MAVERICK MANAGERS UNCONVENTIONAL LEADERS SHARE AN ABILITY TO STUN THE COMPETITION WITH THEIR PERSONAL BRAND OF CAN-DOISM. AT A TIME WHEN ALL LEADS ARE ONLY TEMPORARY, THEY'RE EXACTLY WHAT'S CALLED FOR.

"Doug Nelson, 50, a regional vice president at Philip Morris USA, decided to peg the performance of his cigarette sales team to that of what is perhaps the fastest, most efficient team anywhere: an Indianapolis 500 pit crew. Says Nelson: "Our sales reps are like race car drivers. They can't succeed without incredible cooperation from the support team back at headquarters. Just as a pit crew monitors a driver by computer, laptops keep us in constant touch with our reps."

Nelson came up with his idea because his goals of high productivity and flawless execution reminded him of the impeccable performance of Team Penske, which Marlboro happens to sponsor: Last year the team's driver, Al Unser Jr., won the Indianapolis 500. As a race car driver screams to a stop, six people leap over a three-foot wall, give him a drink, change four tires, make necessary repairs, and refuel the car--in roughly the time it took you to read this sentence. Says Team Penske manager Chuck Sprague: "When the competition is moving at 200 miles an hour, every second you're in the pits matters a lot."

Any questions???
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Registered

Who's signature is that on the bottom left???
Attached Thumbnails Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday-sprague.jpg  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

What a fukked up thread,lets see,first off
TD-I read the description of your buildup,sounds impressive,UNTIL YOU COME ON HERE ACTING LIKE A FRIKKEN CLOWN.
First you state/claim your boat runs 104,your called out then the BACK PEDDLING begins-"oh you guys say it will barely run 80,fine then I'm going to put my small prop on and only run 80 just to show you", If your boat runs 104 then do it instead of all this BS. Next,your bragging about how you out ran a bunch of boats that were running with a pace boat keeping them under 80 in a organized event that YOU WEREN'T PART OF, Now we got side arguments going between guys who think georges Donzi didn't run in the 120's and a couple guys arguing about spelling.
Drag your little fountain killer out to the bay,run your number and shut everyone up or man up. If it wasn't 1000 miles away I would drag my 27 foot Baja over and kick your azz personally. I too have beaten some (not all of course) more exspensive ,bigger boats in some races until it gets rough out,then they walk away from me even with much less actual true top speed capability (can't win a race if you flip over and are swimming for shore). You obviously enjoy arguing, Smitty
Old 06-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Registered

I have been looking at this the wrong way. I need TD to help me. I want to figure out how to make a 1986 25' Sea Ray Sundancer with an sbc and alpha go faster than 32. Perhaps 80. But with a single small block and pump gas. Imagine the looks on people's faces when I cruise up with all that canvas and everything, people standing around on the aft deck, and sitting in those big white deck chairs. No exhaust sound whatsoever. Pure Stealth.
Then I nail it and we are off. 30, then 40, Surprise. 50, you are pushing hard on the sticks, but there I am, right there on your port grinning at you. 60, you can't believe your eyes. 70, and that whole big cow is out of the water and on top of the chop. 80 our faces are flapping in the wind, fenders blown back straight. Now THAT would be a sleeper. Sleeps about 5 I think. I think I will have glassdave put a hot paintjob on it though, and put it on a Myco.

Help me out TD.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Registered

Let's not forget the true purpose of Sunday........

100.01 MPH or don't bother leaving the doughnut shop.....
Rich step up, run 100.01 MPH or disappear into cyberspace
Old 06-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Then I nail it and we are off. 30, then 40, Surprise. 50, you are pushing hard on the sticks, but there I am, right there on your port grinning at you. 60, you can't believe your eyes. 70, and that whole big cow is out of the water and on top of the chop. 80 our faces are flapping in the wind, fenders blown back straight.
"fenders blown back straight..." I'm crying at my desk!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
"fenders blown back straight..." I'm crying at my desk!!!
That is a riot!!!! Got a good visual of that!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fund razor
I have been looking at this the wrong way. I need TD to help me. I want to figure out how to make a 1986 25' Sea Ray Sundancer with an sbc and alpha go faster than 32. Perhaps 80. But with a single small block and pump gas. Imagine the looks on people's faces when I cruise up with all that canvas and everything, people standing around on the aft deck, and sitting in those big white deck chairs. No exhaust sound whatsoever. Pure Stealth.
Then I nail it and we are off. 30, then 40, Surprise. 50, you are pushing hard on the sticks, but there I am, right there on your port grinning at you. 60, you can't believe your eyes. 70, and that whole big cow is out of the water and on top of the chop. 80 our faces are flapping in the wind, fenders blown back straight. Now THAT would be a sleeper. Sleeps about 5 I think. I think I will have glassdave put a hot paintjob on it though, and put it on a Myco.

Help me out TD.
absolutely, positively the BEST post of this entire sick thread.... I am dying in laughter.......
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

wish I wasnt 500 miles away......I love to be there......

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.