What is the deal with Sea Tow? Jerks! >

What is the deal with Sea Tow? Jerks!

Notices

What is the deal with Sea Tow? Jerks!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:38 PM
KMP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I was just filling out the SEA-TOW form when I read through this.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Registered

Lamborghini of Miami was under tow and was handed off to SeaTow, there is no way they can say it was adrift unless they cut it adrift after they took it from us. I was on Brad's Cig we were at the boat within minutes and the one of the divers that was on the Geico Rib tied us to Lamborghini of Miami. We kept the boat in the middle of the race course as the course was still hot until SeaTow arrived. SeaTow tied on their own line and Cut ours so The boat was never adrift prior to them taking control of the boat. Race Cotrol contacted them to come get the boat from us.

This just sounds like crap from SeaTow...
Old 06-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
this happened at Key West finals a few years ago with the black pantara boat going over

We were out there in our cig and watch a stand off go on for two hours

They had to stop the racing and it took three trips in and out with the Coast guard before they shoved off

what a rude awakening that was for us

salvage rights are just a legale (sort of ) way to steal
Wife just reminded me that it was Eric Treadwells boat that this happend to
Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Registered

You might be interested in this article that Power and Motoryacht magazine chose to run about how ST really does business. They ripped off one of their own members for $ 30,000 for ONE hour of work on a very questionable tow where they claimed salvage and the owner of the boat swore it was not.

http://powerandmotoryacht.com/features/0103badday/

Last edited by FloridaDan; 06-24-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

I was running the GEICO rescue boat and we had secured a line to the boat and could have easily towed the boat in. I actually did tow it in once Sea Tow released it at 8:30 at night.
I passed it off to a volunteer rescue boat(the cig) because The crew and divers were covered in gas from the wreck and we wanted to get them in and washed off quickly. As I understood it, they were partial race sponsors and agreed to tow the boats to the crane and thats it. There logos were on the shirts and trophies. They are just a bunch of scumbag thiefs. The owner was more than willing to compensate them a couple thousand for their efforts but they wanted 8k. When the 8k fee was argued, they pulled away from the crane and took the boat South.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered

OSS Administration needs to step up to the plate and get involved! This is total BS!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fvck Sea Tow, they do nothing expect make money and screw people. Go Boat-U.S.! They not only offer superior coverage, but they have a long-standing reputation of fighting for boater's access, their rights, and dealing with governmental issues facing boaters.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

this will be my last year with sea tow........
Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott B
I think that was Peppers, not Fury???
YES it was, I was there also.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by estarmer
Lamborghini of Miami was under tow and was handed off to SeaTow, there is no way they can say it was adrift unless they cut it adrift after they took it from us. I was on Brad's Cig we were at the boat within minutes and the one of the divers that was on the Geico Rib tied us to Lamborghini of Miami. We kept the boat in the middle of the race course as the course was still hot until SeaTow arrived. SeaTow tied on their own line and Cut ours so The boat was never adrift prior to them taking control of the boat. Race Cotrol contacted them to come get the boat from us.

This just sounds like crap from SeaTow...
I was thinking the same thing last night, knowing you guys were hooked to it, and knowing you wouldnt have let it get away.

Quick Reply: What is the deal with Sea Tow? Jerks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.