Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Yet another stereo question >

Yet another stereo question

Notices

Yet another stereo question

Old 03-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are putting a SAS/BAZOOKA water cooled amp in the 41, I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Gotta make noise somehow
Old 03-02-2002, 12:12 AM
FWK

Bill use the 4 channels you are not sending any =more power to the speakers by bridging the channels you are just making the amp run hotter. Not knowing the ability of the clarion it might not be capable of a 2 ohm load in a bridged state.
MedicineMan let me know how you like the Bazooka amps I have not tried them yet though the distributor has asked me to. By the way some day I hope to join the tribe. Forrest

Old 03-02-2002, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Forrest
This is a sponered deal and I waiting to get the stuff put in the boat.
2 amps
1 water chiller
2 10" subs
4 8" woofers
2 6x9's
2 tweeters
I honestly don't know where they are going to put all this stuff in a short cockpit-6 pack boat we'll see. I'll definatly let you know how it sounds. I hope to have all this in the boat by the time it goes to the Daytona race the last weekend in April. If ya'll are going down, Marine Performance is having an Open House on Thurs/Fri before the race. Gotta make noisr somehow
Old 03-02-2002, 02:48 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Forrest I have been waiting for some processors and amps that I ordered in January!!!! Some of the stuff seems to be made of unobtainium!!! I think that what happend is that they scalled back big time after sept. 11 and now they are selling more then they ever imagined. So this it what we have to deal with now.

One other very important thing to remember when doing your wire calculations is you calculate the run both to and from the battery. So if you have a 15 foot run to the amp then you put in a 30 ft run into your calculation.

Jon
Old 03-02-2002, 07:42 AM
FWK

Medicine Man It should sound good especially for free.I am doing a boat with a 6 pack now and speaker locations absolutely suck. It is going to take some work to get it to sound good, plus not many places for speakers that are not covered up.
Audio you are typing and thinking clearly. I figured being in Cali and from the pictures you would be typing like Puder. Forrest

Old 03-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Does the amp clip right away or only after playing for awhile? My Kenwood 5 channel will clip after " beating " on it for along time, but it is mounted under the seat and gets VERY hot..... suprising since I have 2 Optima batteries, and run I/0 cable to it pos and neg ,,,,,,,,, but it has no airflow,,,it os mounted under!!!! the back seat,,, maybe a fan in the spring
Old 03-02-2002, 11:10 AM
wet pleasure

If you have problems with amp kicking out. Wire in a capacitor between your amp and your battery. There called strike caps. What they do is store power and when your heavy bass hits the amp and needs power it will supply it with a continues flow of power.

P.S. kenwood now has a digital media player for the boat or car It holds 10 gigabyte. Which would hold about 2500 songs.
skipfreeeee