Like Tree0Likes

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Reply
Old 07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
  #61
Registered
 
fund razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
My Boats: Apache 28 Brave
Posts: 8,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin View Post
P.S. I live and operate a business in Ohio and I know first-hand why Reggie is moving Baja to North Carolina. This is not a business-friendly state and it's headed the opposite direction.
People who aren't trying to run a business in Ohio have no idea how bad it is. It is as if they are trying to prevent business from coming here. The taxes are outrageous, based on a plan that the last business standing will pay the entire state budget. No new businesses come here, and existing businesses are moved or sold out of state.
I worked with a lot of college students at UT and BGSU in my last job and became very close with many of them. When they graduated, there were NO job fairs in Ohio. Ironically, a BUNCH of them ended up in NC. There were job fairs there. We educate people in Ohio still.... but they take that degree to better business environments. I know of 5 who all went to Raleigh 2 years ago. They all went to the same job fair, they all got jobs and they all moved to NC.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin View Post
I have to wonder what would become of FPB once Reggie's not in the picture.
They could live off of the gold for a while.
fund razor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM
  #62
Registered
 
Ratickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Michigan
My Boats: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin View Post
I live and operate a business in Ohio and I know first-hand why Reggie is moving Baja to North Carolina. This is not a business-friendly state and it's headed the opposite direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
People who aren't trying to run a business in Ohio have no idea how bad it is. It is as if they are trying to prevent business from coming here. The taxes are outrageous, based on a plan that the last business standing will pay the entire state budget. No new businesses come here, and existing businesses are moved or sold out of state.
I worked with a lot of college students at UT and BGSU in my last job and became very close with many of them. When they graduated, there were NO job fairs in Ohio. Ironically, a BUNCH of them ended up in NC. There were job fairs there. We educate people in Ohio still.... but they take that degree to better business environments. I know of 5 who all went to Raleigh 2 years ago. They all went to the same job fair, they all got jobs and they all moved to NC.


They could live off of the gold for a while.
You think Ohio's bad. I ran a business here in Michigan and our headquarters were in N Canton Ohio. The Ohio facility was an identical business, same product line, number of employees, sales, etc. Our penalty in Michigan was almost $150,000 over Ohio because of the higher unemployment rates, higher workers comp rates, and a single business tax based on what equipment was in the facility and it's value per the state, not on actual value. That's why Michigan business is moving out also. The only ones staying, or coming, are the ones that have all of these taxes, plus property taxes, waived and incentives added just like Reggie's. Sorry, I digress.
Ratickle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
  #63
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Pretty stout getting a grant


I need Mississippi to give my biz a Job Development Investment Grant of any amount to help the peoples have better home furnishings and also get the Federal Government to bail out all the P&L's We have been sitting on for the last 60 years
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
  #64
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
You think Ohio's bad. I ran a business here in Michigan and our headquarters were in N Canton Ohio. The Ohio facility was an identical business, same product line, number of employees, sales, etc. Our penalty in Michigan was almost $150,000 over Ohio because of the higher unemployment rates, higher workers comp rates, and a single business tax based on what equipment was in the facility and it's value per the state, not on actual value. That's why Michigan business is moving out also. The only ones staying, or coming, are the ones that have all of these taxes, plus property taxes, waived and incentives added just like Reggie's. Sorry, I digress.
The only point you made was Michigan sucks more than Ohio.

Have you seen the tax breaks imigrants get??

You are mad because Reggie took advantage of Tax Breaks offered to him??
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
  #65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
The only point you made was Michigan sucks more than Ohio.
Yes. But it was a very good point.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 PM
  #66
Registered
 
Ratickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Michigan
My Boats: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
The only point you made was Michigan sucks more than Ohio.

Have you seen the tax breaks imigrants get??

You are mad because Reggie took advantage of Tax Breaks offered to him??
That was the point, but the mid-west manufacturing states that used to get away with super high costs to manufacturers because of automotive etc., had better learn to change or the businesses will keep leaving.

Nope, not mad at all. I hope his company, including BAJA, succeeds. That 42' boat that holds the World Record for Vee's is an incredible accomplishment. My only (repeat only) gripe with Reggie is the ego-laden/BS/mis-information (ie; CatKiller) that he uses to promote his boats. But, it does give me something to try and improve my sarcastic and (hopefully) tastefully entertaining talents.
Ratickle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
blume
General Boating Discussion
21
07-19-2006 03:42 PM
Hauling Trash
General Racing Discussion
11
12-02-2004 01:53 PM
Alli-Runner
Fountain
19
01-27-2004 11:10 AM
Alli-Runner
General Boating Discussion
61
01-23-2004 03:09 PM
sy goldberg
General Boating Discussion
71
01-17-2002 12:11 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.