Notices

The other "OSO" boat ...

Old 03-01-2002, 01:45 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Offshore Only 36 Gladiator? There was a photo from Miami. Who owns that one? Got any more photos to share?
Old 03-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff, Is the boat in the market? I know you were toying with the idea awhile back. If it is how much? I took another look at it yesterday at Lido. Im selling a boat close to it and the buyer was asking about yours with a gleam in his eye. Very nice boat.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Registered

Jeff,
Truly fine looking, No matter what comes and goes, OL, Hustler, Fountain, ETC. you really can't beat the look of a TG.
I love the way a Skater runs, but I love the classic TG look. Please be careful in those turns.
Philip
Old 03-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Was that just before you ran out of gas

Chad that boat I do not think has a interior. You have to see it to believe how truely nice it is. It also floats MUCH higher in the water.

Jon
Old 03-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Registered

Although not as nice a pic as the TG, here is a pic of a friends 36 Skater on Lake Havasu.
Attached Thumbnails The other "OSO" boat ...-ventura200024.jpg  

Last edited by NW_Jim; 03-01-2002 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:00 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Hot Duck - Excellent pic! Even though the conditions are not necessarily what we would call "fun" you can't dispute the color of the water and the quality of the shots. The color of the TG on the deep blue water made for an awesome shot!

Chad aka Jawbreaker - The boat was completely re-rigged with NO cabin. I did not want a cabin. I wanted to maintain the light layup. The boat has a dry weight of 7800 pounds which is considerably lighter than the standard Top Guns. The only thing I changed was the cockpit area. I wanted it to have the full pleasure cockpit.

The upholstery was all replaced, the pleasure engine hatch was added (in place of the lightweight race hatch), a swimstep was added, all the gauges/bezels/throttles/shifters, etc. were replaced. I also added the handles behind the seats for the passengers. I suspect that the hatch and the swim step probably added a couple hundred pounds between them.

As for the drives they are stock Bravos with nosecones and low water pickups. The low water pickups were a must as the drives are mounted considerably higher than stock (about three inches higher). I am turning a 31 pitch prop with 500's which is a pretty high pitch for that power, however, the weight is where the difference lies. Knock on wood (again) - I have not had any problems with the drives and do not feel that XR's are necessary. The three things that kills drives are weight, horsepower, or bad throttling. I am very light, have "stock" horsepower, and hopefully am a decent throttleman.

Ron P - The Gladiator is a "company" boat that will stay in Florida and be used mostly by my partner Steve. He actually bankrolled a majority of the boat's cost since it was staying over there. Kind of hard to "share" a boat from coast to coast. It will hopefully make its way over to the west coast later this summer for a couple of months.

IDRPSTF - The F-2 Top Gun is not really for sale. I was toying with the idea when I was thinking about purchasing a second Gladiator for myself over here, however, I just love the Top Gun style and the boat is awesome the way it is. Also, there is the matter of sit down versus stand up. The jury is still out on that one for me. Bottom line ... it's not really for sale but if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse ...

Chad - If you are thinking about this type of boat I can't rave about it enough. If you can live without the creature comforts (cabin) you are left with a lightweight boat that will run all day long on stock 500's with literally no trouble. This reminds me of a funny incident last year ...

Our club (SCOPE) had an event to San Diego. 10 boats went (including DMAN). It is about an hour and a half cruise at 45-50mph from Newport Beach. Upon our arrival there we fueled up. The F-2 Top Gun consumed 63 gallons total. DMAN's Top Gun (1999 w/full cabin, 1000SC's, #6 drives) consumed 135 gallons. We cruised together all the way down. Just a funny bit of trivia.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Jeffrey,
Man, thats one beautiful boat.

The others aren't bad either.

Nice rides everyone.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Carbon F2 TS dash
Attached Thumbnails The other "OSO" boat ...-jeff01.jpg  
Old 03-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Carbon F2 TS engines
Attached Thumbnails The other "OSO" boat ...-jeff02.jpg  
Old 03-01-2002, 07:35 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Carbon F2 TS hatch w/ scoops
Attached Thumbnails The other "OSO" boat ...-jeff03.jpg  

Quick Reply: The other "OSO" boat ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.