Notices

The other "OSO" boat ...

Old 03-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

Great photo and a sweet ride. I saw Tres whip some butt with his in Texas.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Default Hey Jeffrey

Does that mean that on the San Diego trip this year, you'll only put about 65 gallons of gas in your tank before we leave Newport? You might bring that SCOPE award you got for Xmas with you (full).
Old 03-01-2002, 09:45 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Default Unauthorized photo uploads!!

Hey Cig 1 ... those are classified photos and you are not authorized to upload those without prior permission!!

Where are those darn moderators when you need them. Hey Board God #2 ... please revoke Cigarette 1's posting priveleges. He is creating controversy!!
Old 03-01-2002, 10:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jeffrey, I met you briefly last year in Miami at the Cig reunion (white/red Cafe Racer). Didn't you have a black top gun then? What happened to it?

BTW - beautiful picture. The blues are incredible. I've got my new wallpaper!!
Old 03-01-2002, 11:29 PM
Registered

Default re: Cig pic

Is that the one you just bought? If 'tis, give me a shout next week at 1-800-354-9145 and let me add an extra touch of class to the next issue of Poker Runs America. And thank you very kindly for an excellent evening in SoBe. I met some top-shelf people. Also, your new site rocks!

Peter
Old 03-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

jeffrey-

thanks for the info! 7800#'s is outstanding for a 38 footer. i'm having a difficult time justifying a cabin since i do not spend the night on my boat. i guess i would consider it a very expensive storage compartment. does your cabin door open? do you use it for storage (fenders, towels, lines, coolers, etc.)?

chad
Old 03-04-2002, 02:34 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Hey Jeffrey, you DAP !!

I got your classified photo ... it has something to do with 'Elvis has left the building' ....

It's a good thing you are my Bud

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 03-04-2002 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:41 PM
ssherman

As a DAP in training i can attest to the quality of this boat i was on Mead with jeffrey in flat water and in the pacific from newport to long beach in some decent swells the boat fly's perfect lands great and is a rocket with only stock 500hp's it is one one of two t/s top guns i have spent several hours in and they are perfect boats for the hardcore poker run enthusiast who doest have an unlimited check book for motor repairs.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Cignificant,

The black boat in Miami that Jeffrey was piloting was the Patron Teq boat, the one with the lime green interior. It is a 35' Top Gun. It's the same boat that's in the latest Ja-Rule video. I was in the boat with Jeffrey and Playmate Julie Cialini (sic) when we attempted to make a fly-by for CRT at the Ft Lauderdale Air Show before we encountered an engine related failure. We were running with another Top Gun and two Tigers before one enging stoped and would not re-start. And by the way, we're talking big water with a lot of wind which translates to us being drenched every 5 seconds until we limped into Ft. Lauderdale about an hour later.

The rest of the story is great and I will let Jeffrey explain that part.

Jeffrey????
Attached Thumbnails The other "OSO" boat ...-patron01.jpg  
Old 03-04-2002, 05:13 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Cig - I see that Cigarette 1 beat me to the punch. As he mentioned that black Top Gun belonged to the owner of Patron Tequila and was cusomt painted to match their company colors. I was "hired" by Cigarette to run the boat at the Fort Lauderdale show. Unfortunately, one of the new Mag HO engines did not cooperate and we had to resort to an hour long idle in six-footers!

Peter (mediaman) - My Top Gun F-2 is not the boat we just bought. The boat we just purchased for the company is one of the new 36' Gladiators. I can send you a pic of that boat if you wish. The boat pictured here is my personal boat which I purchased from Dick Simon Marine last year.

Chad - You're just like me. Who needs a cabin?? It's just extra weight to me. The way the F-2 boat was rigged is with a custom vinyl cabin "door" with the Cigarette logo embroidered on it. The vinyl door is snapped in place to cover the opening and has a zipper in the middle to open and close it. It makes for really easy access to go down below. I bought a couple of plastic bins from Home Depot and keep my boat towels, extra oil, and cleaning stuff down below. It just sits snug between the stringers.

Bottom line - as Shane has witnessed first hand - it is a great Poker Run boat which is turn key and runs close to 90 all day long. You can't ask more from a 38' boat that looks as good as this one does. I know many of the other manufacturers also have light layup boats and I would imagine that they would be just as much fun!

If you find a F-2 boat that is not too beaten up then that is the way to go. They are usually considerably cheaper than their production counterparts and there is really nothing to go wrong on them since everything is stock.

Quick Reply: The other "OSO" boat ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.