Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns! >

***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Notices
View Poll Results: Have you ever been confused over the two different Gaffrig companies?
Yes, I am very confused as to the difference
42.50%
Yes, I am a Gaffrig Precison / Livorsi Marine customer
36.25%
Yes, but don't care about the difference makes no difference to me
6.25%
No, I did not even know there were two companies
15.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Old 03-02-2002, 06:30 PM
drkind2000

Question

I thought thay were the same???

Old 03-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure would like to know why so many of the liquid filled speedo leak.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Registered

me and four of my buddies that hit the water together are Gaffrig/Livorsi customers, and i dont know of any complaints. we will continue to dance with the one that brung us.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Registered

Great responses keep em coming. We need to hear from everyone
Old 03-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered

Welcome back........
Old 03-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Too Old brings up a good point. Do youactually manufacture the gauges? The Gaffrig name has merit, but the cheaper versions seem little better than all the others out there. We have actually had less trouble out of Faria and Teleflex than some of the Gaffrigs,but buyers like the idea of Gaffig gauges, a perceived superior gauge,and definetly a superior name. Major problems last year on tiwn engine boats with hour meters built into the tachs,had about 5 boats where one hour meter funs on half time and the other reads regular time. Took them way too long to figure out and fix the problem.Prior to Gaffrrig,VDO had a lock on the high end market until major problems with their gauges sent Formula and a lot of others to Gaffrig.Too bad we still are repacin gauges on a regular basis. Too bad Faria doesn't have the marketing respect they deserve,they are prety much troublefree but would you want them in your,Cig,Formula,or Outerlimits? Sorry to be on a soapbox but after 35 years of replacing lots of boat gauges I just realized I've never had a bad gauge in a car or truck. Comments?
Old 03-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Registered

Gaffrig by Livorsi has been manufacturing & distributing guages since 1988.

www.livorsi.com has all the info that you would need.

The only way to tell the difference on the outside is by the logo in the little writing below Gaffrig all livorsi marine products say "Precision Instruments"

As to powder coating chip problems and fogging instances give us a call and we will help you out.

It is difficult to make a waterproof sealed guage once the seal is broken fogging will occur and never clear up with a waterproff guage ...a vented guage that is not sealed will fog all of the time and each time it eventually clears

Visit our website anytime lots of info there or call us for a catalog 1 847 548 5900.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

To Too Old ...some of the guages we manufacture ourselves others are made to our specifications for us. They are all checked cosmetically and calibrated 3 times before they leave the factory.

As for hourmeters: we did have a problem we had an ignition compatibilty problem that took us about 3 weeks to work out to our satisfaction...Everything is fine now

To respond to less troubles from others: Gaffrig makes over 100 varirites of guages and we specialize in the high performance sector. This is a much higher demanding environment. These customers require precision readings and actually use and have knowledge of the guages. They also require specialty guages like fuel pressure, vaccum boost, etc. These have a much higher failure rate than a common water temp or oil pressure guage. Case in point tach/hourmeter specialty guage having compatability problem with ignition. (which was corrected in 3 weeks) Many of the other companies make guages for the pleasure boat crowd.

Marine environment is hard to commpare to car or truck environment. Cars are not exposed to salt water environment, direct sun, vibration, extreme pounding, and cars only have 4 guages. Wheras a twin engine boat has 15 guages.

Do feel free and we encourage you to call with ANY problems as customer satisfaction is our goal.