Tips to sell 29' Veloctiy VR1 >

Tips to sell 29' Veloctiy VR1

Notices

Tips to sell 29' Veloctiy VR1

Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

If you really want to move it, you will have to cut the price.
I sold my 2003 29' Kryptonite last August for less money than you are asking just to move it.

I used ebay multiple times (had the boat for sale for better part of a year) and although I did not sell it through ebay, it gave me good exposure.

Last edited by Tom A.; 07-31-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your boat is sweet looking! DO NOT re-paint!!!!! That seperates your boat from every other white hull boat on the market today. Someone will buy it...someday. Until then, run it every chance you get. Heck, put a for sale sign on it while you're towing, running it, and sitttin dockside. It's a head turner, someone will take it.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered

It already has the for sale on it..... The baja, doubt it will go that cheap, or they won't sell it on e-bay. Bet if the price stays cheap the add gets pulled at the last minute.. course i could be wrong.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

I'd guess it's the price followed by the wild paint that's preventing a sale. If someone's on the fence about the paint, the lower price may sway them into purchasing it.

Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona
It already has the for sale on it..... The baja, doubt it will go that cheap, or they won't sell it on e-bay. Bet if the price stays cheap the add gets pulled at the last minute.. course i could be wrong.
The Baja has been in the OSO classfied for over a year ( http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16816-en.html ) and is listed for 79K, so a 66K buy it now on ebay seems realistic.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The Baja has been in the OSO classfied for over a year ( http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16816-en.html ) and is listed for 79K, so a 66K buy it now on ebay seems realistic.

Yup, I actually say it when I was there to pick up my 2 new jet ski's that they sold for 2.5k under list each. I was kidding and offered 65K if they would follow me to LOTO and fill it up. They didn't think I was kidding and asked if I was going to finance or pay cash. It is amazingly clean in person. I only wish the colors were a little more bold.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
I'd guess it's the price followed by the wild paint that's preventing a sale. If someone's on the fence about the paint, the lower price may sway them into purchasing it.

Good Luck!
Totally agree. The boat is now six years old, going on seven (Velocity puts their models out early).

Also offering free delivery would help sell it, given the high cost of transport these days.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 07-31-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
Yup, I actually say it when I was there to pick up my 2 new jet ski's that they sold for 2.5k under list each. I was kidding and offered 65K if they would follow me to LOTO and fill it up. They didn't think I was kidding and asked if I was going to finance or pay cash. It is amazingly clean in person. I only wish the colors were a little more bold.
I bought my Sunsation from them and told them I needed it delivered to S. FL. It was here in 4 days. Guy shouldn't be ordering boats since he is in the middle of a corn field area an hour from water. Owner had a 38 Fountain that he bought/used and took awhile to sell. Luckily he owns a new car franchise and can have the boat/powersport division as a secondary business. Great to place to deal with but the prices don't really get good until they have snow on the ground!

On that Baja 36, I would do a wrap over the stripe graphic and have some fun with it. I would swirl the Baja logo like a Cig logo and write world champion/offshore legend with a #1 but leave the word Cigarette out. 99.9% of the people out there would think it was actually a Cigarette, like a optical illusion. I think the 30 ft + Outlaws have great lines.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 07-31-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Also offering free delivery would help sell it, given the high cost of transport these days.l
Good idea..... I added delivery within 1000 miles.....

Thank you for all the suggestions.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default boat

if the blonde came with the boat,it would have been gone a long time ago!!! that is a complement sir.

Quick Reply: Tips to sell 29' Veloctiy VR1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.