Attached Thumbnails Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ-boat06.jpg  
Old 08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

they just announced Anthony Digilio of Brick turned himself in
Old 08-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

i know the boat...was an all white custom. they popped a hull from and old IMP mold or something...had like a 600+hp single. the boat and owner were tied up at the wharfside for the point pleasant race last year spectating...boat was really nice
Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just talked to one of the police that were on scene. The boat hit the whaler at such a force that it flew over the hull took out the center console and the driver behind the wheel, he was killed instantly. the boat was running at a hi rate of speed. I don't care if the guy was my best friend it takes a big set to run after you knew you hit a boat and possibly hurt someone are in this case killed someone "Drinking or No Drinking" Thats one heartlest bastard that even couldn't stop. He knew how to run and hide his boat.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is only one single reason you wouldn't stop. If it was truly an 'accident' and he didn't see the Whaler ... regardless whether or not it was recklessly driving in pitch black at high rate of speed ... that is not illegal ... he would have stopped, why not??
Old 08-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I can think of one reason........the fine is only like $100 for a hit and run on the water. Not saying its the right thing to do. Another reason.....the obvious.....to keep you crew safe and attempt to make port before she sinks. Lots of BS speculation getting thrown out. So far I haven't seen proof of any wrong doing.........cept for the starboard side damage to the whaler, which would indicate that the 27ft boat had the right of way. If its not illegal to go-fast at night on that water, then the boater has every excuse in the world to do it.

Curious - does the location have noise laws?

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 08-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I can think of one reason........the fine is only like $100 for a hit and run on the water. Not saying its the right thing to do. Another reason.....the obvious.....to keep you crew safe and attempt to make port before she sinks. Lots of BS speculation getting thrown out. So far I haven't seen proof of any wrong doing.........cept for the starboard side damage to the whaler, which would indicate that the 27ft boat had the right of way. If its not illegal to go-fast at night on that water, then the boater has every excuse in the world to do it.

Curious - does the location have noise laws?
You have got to be Fu***ng kidding.He was probably tanked now its harder to prove.Thats why he ran.If he was not tanked and had stopped he probably would not be looking at criminal charges as I doubt the boston whaleer had lights on.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
So far I haven't seen proof of any wrong doing.........cept for the starboard side damage to the whaler, which would indicate that the 27ft boat had the right of way. If its not illegal to go-fast at night on that water, then the boater has every excuse in the world to do it.
That has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen from someone here on "OSO"...you don't see any proof??? How about the "POS" just ran over a boat and high tailed it home not rendering any aid....That's proof enough in my book and where do you get off saying that because where he torpedoed this boat he's not at fault?

I haven't read whether or not the boat was anchored but if it was that's another item that puts the blame squarely on the driver who left the scene of the accident and it doesn't matter where he hits them.

Its people with your mentality that are going to be the death of power boating as we know it, they are too stupid for their own good and god help anyone on the water when they are out in their boat...

Anyone who condones or makes excuses for someone who leaves an accident that they have been involved in with obvious personal injury is a tool in my book.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

lets not turn this tragedy into a typical OSO speculation bonanza !!!. what he did was 100% wrong reguardless of the reason (scared, drunk etc...) the water it happened in is as shallow as 2ft and as deep as 10-12...i've boated right there my ENTIRE LIFE. there are grassy marsh and some sandy beaches all around. i've also heard he had a female aboard his boat as well...
Old 08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
Right of way or not, its illegal and immoral to leave the scene of an accident. Hang the son of a *****!! Didnt call to get them help, even if he was trying to save his own crew and then took the serial numbers off the boat??

Forget the hanging, shoot him.
im with you 100%...eye for an eye

Quick Reply: Another Boating Accident in Brick NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.