Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Champion ...legit? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192897-national-champion-legit.html)

MOBILEMERCMAN 08-13-2008 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2652470)
Ryan:

I am considering renting Giants Stadium and throwing a victory party for all of the Champions in Offshore racing. If we use the portable seats, we might be able to get them all into the facility.....but, unfortunately we will not be able to include the "shootout" winners.:p

T2x

Will you have free parking. Could you pick a more central location? Some have to drive thousands of miles. Tow money? Will there be open bar? Raffles? Give a ways? Event T-shirts.:drink:

MOBILEMERCMAN 08-13-2008 08:51 AM

T2x,
All joking aside, I have a deep respect for the guys who raced and laid the foundation for Offshore racing. Yes, It's not what it used to be. I hear you.

OPA has a good thing going. As does OSS. IMHO they compliment each other.

Best wishes,

FeverMike 08-13-2008 09:01 AM

Ah, offshore boat racing....this thread brings back the good and bad memory's.

Any of you actually know where P class racing came from, the intent of this class and were OPA and SBI actually got it's rules from?

Wally 08-13-2008 10:24 AM

I just read the first page so sorry if its been posted before, but, why not just make it understood that anyone wishing to use "World Champion" or "National Champion" etc must have the year or years that it was won?
I mean when i look at anything...be it boat, car whatever....when i see it stickered with "World champion" it doesnt do a thing for me...almost like these rice burners with NOS and Eibach stickers all over the place :rolleyes: ......but when i see....take for instance when i first got sucked into street bikes, my dream bike at the time was a Kawasaki ZX-7R and on the tank there was a sticker under the clear "AMA World Champion 1993" And i thought that was cool as hell.....and even now when i see a car with lats say "World speed record xxxmph 1991" you can say wow it went that fast back then!! same thing with boats....if i saw one that had "World Champion 95, 96" you can say to your self "thats presty bad ass that they can defend the titls 2 years in a row...." ok thats my .02 :)

T2x 08-13-2008 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2652614)
LETS HEAR IT . ?!...........:party-smiley-004:

Famous last words...this will take a while......:p

T2x

Sean H 08-13-2008 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN (Post 2652499)
Will you have free parking. Could you pick a more central location? Some have to drive thousands of miles. Tow money? Will there be open bar? Raffles? Give a ways? Event T-shirts.:drink:

Do we get a trophy/flag if we show up? :drink: :party-smiley-004:

and if so, can I just have mine sent to me if I don't attend?

T2x 08-13-2008 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H (Post 2652685)

Of course, this is boat racing in the 21st Century after all.

Everybody wins........ in any way they want.

Ratickle 08-13-2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H (Post 2652685)

Only if you send a "new class" of watercraft, have it at least pushed across the line (on the trailer because there will be no water) by your appointed designates, then the flag/trophy/and new "Champions" decal will be sent.:grinser010:

BROWNIE 08-13-2008 11:34 AM

After reading of all the varied solutions, I think that I have the final solution (sounds familiar). Let's let the government run it.