Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
National Champion ...legit? >

National Champion ...legit?

Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No lack of loyalty here. Stubborn and loyal.

If you like P class you got it. If you like spec racing you got it and you can have Mercury support.

It seems likely there will never be ONLY ONE. It would be nice if everyone was for the growth of the sport as a whole.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
If you win, and there is nobody to hear it.........................
It becomes (in my oft used words of Shakespeare):

"A tale, told by a fool, full of sound and fury signifying...... nothing."

T2x
Old 08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered

T2x, I hope to cross paths with you at Loto, St Pete, or KW so I can buy you a drink.

Any chance you will attend one of these events?
Old 08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
T2x, I hope to cross paths with you at Loto, St Pete, or KW so I can buy you a drink.

Any chance you will attend one of these events?
One never knows......

We went to Patchogue over the weekend and had a great time seeing old friends like Stevie Curtis, Joe Sgro, Tom Abrams, and Billy Martin.......

The absolute BEST time I had this year was Brownie's party at the Aronow Race in June........

That's one I will make every year....if they'll have me.

T2x
Old 08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm reading this and woundering if I got this right....

Where is the problem.....the topic is National Title legit....

There are 3 National Orgs.

All 3 have awarded Tiltes to boats with less then 5 boats in a class that raced for that title.....so if this is a problem or racers feel they are not legit titles, why don't the racers that think its wrong start with there own Org first....

For example.....at the OSS Worlds last year....how many class's were awarded titles with less then 5 boats

There were 9 class's I beleive: with a total of around 20 boats that attended there Worlds not counting POPRA which is not Spec racing.

OSS Cat
OSS Cat Extreme
OSS Cat Light
OSS Cat O/B
OSS Cat Supercharger
OSS Cat Turbine
OSS Vee
OSS Vee Light
OSS Vee Extreme

Which class's had over 4 boats in it.......will OSS not be awarding Titles to these Class's that don't have 5 or more boats this year to make a statement

Is spec racing fun...yes....is P-Class racing fun...yes....but if spec class racing is real racing.....where are all the boats....In P-Class we have the slowest boat in the class with the least amount of HP in Vee's, but I have had more deck to deck battles and yes at WOT then I have ever had in spec racing....we are always around the front and the only way we can get there is WOT....and on the edge....we will beat teams in our class and only see 93 as a top speed while teams behind us are seeing 94.6. But the questions has to be....why has spec racing not taken off like it did with APBA.....same concept...same racers... same rules...were is everyone.....there are over 115 racers registered for the 2008 season in the U.S......why is it that spec racing has not come back in the last 5 years.....and what is going to change tomorrow that will make it better that has not been tried over the last 5 years.....

If not giving out titles to teams that don't race against 5 boats is not fair or worth anything, then take it upon yourself to make an example out of it in your own Org first....

Busting on a rookie team who is spending a lot of money to go out and race in this economy and making 7 races during a year and who is having fun doing it should be busted on becasue no one else has shown up in his class is going to make our sport better.....its the rookie teams that make Offsore racing....lets not forget...everyone of us was one in the begining no matter how long you have been racing or have been involved in this sport....so if giving a rookie team this year in SBI/APBA a National Championship even though he may only race against 1 or 2 other boats or even just himself...so be it....if he is having fun and is proud of it....maybe he will just stick around and stay in this sport....and yes maybe even get into spec class racing one day..so spec racing can take off again

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-25-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

The thread was started by some one who doesn't currently race and only raced a few times.

No good is gonna come from this. You disin OSS.

Take the P class entries away and do the same with your club.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Enough bickering already. Big daddy must be laughing as he stirs the pot.

Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 08-25-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Registered

Jim...not pointing fingures at orgs...but it was also brought up by OSS racers....thats why I used OSS

Typhoon quote: I also find it hard to recognize the current system of getting a National ,World or Hall of champion title. In my opinion to achieve these titles it should be in a spec class at WOT against a Min. of 5 boats in your class and preferably more.

And you are correct...take out the P-Class in the other 2 orgs and its low also....but we all agree they still should recieve the title.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-25-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

DareDevil...Stick with it bud....and don't listen to the political BS....race and have fun....for what it cost to go out and race and put our lives on the line.....a title is the least we should get..... see ya soon....

Everyone here is intitle to a opion....and we can always find something to compare to years ago....but times have changed...and with all of the improvemnts that Offshore can make today to better the sport....there are hundreds of changes that need to be made to get this sport were it needs to be before talking away titles for low boat counts....

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-26-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Do you honestly feel that if you show up to a race with any type of boat and the sanctioning body sticks you into a class and your the only one racing in the class you should win a national or world title and if you did (which many have) could you really look at yourself and say you earned it? I am all for fewer classes and build a boat to fit into one of the classes and not just showing up with anyold boat and racing . If you cant afford to race then watch or if you ran a few poker runs and now you think you can race dont show up in your poker run boat and get put into a class . build a boat to fit into one of the predetermined classes. You dont see guys showing up to nascar races with a mustang and say let me race make me a class.

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.