Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
That's the funny thing....a small boat club from up North comes along and has the biggest boat count all year....and has the highest adverage boat count per class in P-Class in the country.....
Good point...but I am reminded of something my folks always told me...

Never confuse quantity with quality.

T2x
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim...thats what I was posting about....guys like Daredevil are in P-Class and he is the only one in his class...so YES...they are talking about taking away a title from P-Class
Old 08-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

So you did not enjoy the P-Class racing you watched on Sunday...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

So TX2...I read a prior post of yours....and I've heard you have been around for a long time and talk highly about you....So it sound like you think there are a lot of big money teams crying they all want it there way....Am I correct....
Old 08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I DO AGREE that there are too many classes in OSS. We know OSS in NOT perfect and are working on doing the best we can in these tough times. OPA is doing a great job with there numbers and sites as well, I have said it before P-class racing is OK with me I did it but was not my cup of tea. This conversation should be people calling one person out it's about the whole state of the sport.

Everyone here has alot of heart into this , we all want it to succeed we just have different views on what success is and the road to getting there.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

T2x....hang on....

...but you came out to Patchoque and watch P-Class racing....not spec.......
For the record I went to Patchogue because:

1. I live nearby....
2. I wanted to see old friends like Steve Curtis, Tom Abrams, Augie Penza, Mike D'Anniballe, Paul Whittier, etc
3. I wanted to support Joey Imprescia, a close friend, although, I must say, I believe he belonged in a big cat.

Also for the record, I found the racing boring...until the final spec race.. except for the fiasco in turn one when the class 2/3 boats all went barreling in out of control and bounced off each other like crazed pin balls....Exciting?...yes....Impressive?...not in the least...amateurish?....... you betcha. ( Not one...not two...but three...count 'em...three boats on plane in the MIDDLE OF THE SPECTATOR FLEET..... a very crowded spectator fleet I might add......... a truly bone headed moment in sports history... and, thankfully, not a tragic one.)

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-26-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Racer
Racer

I have spent more time on this thread than racing this year...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Ryan...I think a lot of us are on the same page....Spec racing is not for everyone and P-Class racing is not for everyone....

Is there to many Spec Class's....I think alot of us think there are to many...
Is 6 P-Class's to much...I think thats a good number....it covers a lot of boats

Do all the Orgs have good race sites...yes I do....

The road to success is kida easy....OSS is spec racing....OPA is P-Class racing and SBI/APBA is both Spec and P-Class racing...we all just need to build a program to get more teams to come out...

Once the number of class's come down....the number of boats in a class will come up...we all said this 5 years ago....

and maybe the conversation of 1 boat in a class will no longer be....

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-26-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

TX2....but I'm woundring....were is the problem...racers making the rules or big money teams getting there way...you have been in this for what over 30 years...its sounds like in your above post that racers all want it there way
Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

.So it sound like you think there are a lot of big money teams crying they all want it there way....Am I correct....
Almost.....there are a lot of big and small money teams crying they all want it there way. That is not something reserved exclusively for the wealthy teams.

In the past....... the good old days....long ago in a universe far, far away...... back in the USSR boys......Four score and seven years ago...... In the forest primeval....... right after the "big bang"....... The "national classes" were pretty consistent and raced year in and year out without much commotion, b*thchin', or rule changes. The little guys have always whined like school kids ( I wanna trophy!...I wanna be on TV!!!...... I wanna reporter to talk to me!!!.....)..... But they're entitled to because basically they are relatively new at it and are immature in a lot of ways.

Today the inmates have taken over the asylum......

In retrospect it all started going downhill when OPT broke away from the APBA/UIM........ and it has gotten progressively worse with each new group. If you had watched it year by year from my perch it is as clear as a graph that trends steadily downward....... and each year you hear the same trite platitudes of "bigger and better"..."deck to deck"....."letting it all hang out"... "Together we race".... "new visions"...and the other meaningless B.S. that passes for new wine in old bottles.

Bottom line, a mistake was made 20 years ago, and we have built on a flawed foundation ever since. I don't know what it will take to bring this sport back to its simple basics....... but any other approach is just more time and money wasted....IMHO.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-26-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.