Notices

Are my speeds off???

Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
You're running way too wet. At WOT and trimmed up, you should be running with only the last 5 feet of boat touching the water.

Check for some hook in the last 3 feet of the hull.
Do you have tabs????? How are they in relation to hull when all the way up????
the hull looks ok i took a straight edge about 2 feet long and ran it down a few spots and it looked good. the boat has no stress cracks or anything to show its out of wack.
i have to admit its original plugs and wires 230 hrs old

as for tabs, they are 12" long, they sit about 1" from the very bottom and sit out just a tad in the upward possition. the boat however always twists towards the left i alway half to trim the starb side down or port side up when cruzing. when im WOT its fine. it does this with just me in the boat, no one on the other side, and any weight i have in the boat is all right in the middle or close.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

it seems like prop is the issue imo from what you guys are telling me. i hit the limmiter very easy and thats when she falls off.

im a little iffy on a prop however, id like to do a merc prop, my friend got a bblades and had a few issues with it and im not sure i want to spend 1,000 bucks and take any chance
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

You can get loaner props from BBlades, nothing lost but $25.00, and valuable information gained.
Carder
Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carder
You can get loaner props from BBlades, nothing lost but $25.00, and valuable information gained.
Carder
they do loaner props? if thats the case im going to contact them right befor spring to get on the list (the boat goes into winter storage this weekend)

but i will give that a shot in the spring. if the prop works well can you just keep it and pay with a card or what ever?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by noyzee
i have to admit its original plugs and wires 230 hrs old
Might want to change your plugs and wires before next season as well. A good tune up will make a world of difference.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Might want to change your plugs and wires before next season as well. A good tune up will make a world of difference.
thats the plan, i already have the stuff to do it. i will do it in the spring as the boat gets put away this weekend in the indoor racks for the winter sad to end the season, but its sled and race time now.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

it seems like prop is the issue imo from what you guys are telling me. i hit the limmiter very easy and thats when she falls off.

im a little iffy on a prop however, id like to do a merc prop, my friend got a bblades and had a few issues with it and im not sure i want to spend 1,000 bucks and take any chance
Bretts custom labbed props aren't a grand and there cheap than merc racing. Even better yet he used to work at merc racing
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Bretts custom labbed props aren't a grand and there cheap than merc racing. Even better yet he used to work at merc racing
do you have contact info?
Old 09-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

do you have contact info?
He is an OSO advertiser. What prop are you running now, what rpm are you turning it?

920-295-4435 ask for Brett.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

right now its the stock 4 blade. i think its 15 3/4 23 or 22 pitch i get the 3 and 4 blade mixed up. im new at this prop thing. lol

Quick Reply: Are my speeds off???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.