Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 32agitator
t2x why cant you stomach eliminator is it because of the lamination that they use
No, it is because I have seen their big cats bow steer excessively..... to the point that two of them did slow speed rollovers in St Pete at the Worlds not 100 yards from where I sat. In addition they are not competitive in racing with the Skaters......and the Skater clones (MTI). In short they are not a good design and are the leaders of the "West Coast" performance scene.

The best West Coast cats are the Spectres, except those hulls came from Florida

IMHO the best West Coast builders were Ted and Ron Jones, and Rudy Ramos....... sadly those days are gone.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 09-23-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said glad i own the AGITATOR a very well built skater with a proven track record
Old 09-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Read em and weep!

Roktoy- here is a comprehensive breakdown of speed tests by brand stating- power, test date , testing authority, and of course radar/gps speed. It doesn't take into account props however but you can look at the dates and get archive info from the various testers magazine.

By comparing relative boat lengths with identical power you can get a good idea of a brands hull efficiency of course there's a chance a manufacturer could rig a light layup for a test, but I doubt it as the boats go on to be sold and a "race layup" is a huge liability in a product with a 10-20 year lifespan.

Before cries of "foul" start and the "chin music" begins flowing- you should know that when boat is featured in a magazine the actual vendor is almost always present for the "top speed test", and allowed to drive it themselves if not happy with the results. This stops the "bought and paid for BS" from the start.

Enjoy!

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700
Nissan Titan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
boat-tests.pdf (81.8 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for that sheet uncle dave, thats good information. Of course we all know it is more of a guide then a bible, regardless its still pretty cool and appears to be pretty accurate (again "pretty" accurate) to get an idea of efficiency like you said.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Default Where you stand.......

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY
Thanks for that sheet uncle dave, thats good information. Of course we all know it is more of a guide then a bible, regardless its still pretty cool and appears to be pretty accurate (again "pretty" accurate) to get an idea of efficiency like you said.
Yeah so the way this works is that the further form pole position a pet brand is the more its a "guideline", bad day, something wrong etc. didn't buy enough adds........the music plays on and on.......

(remember 99% of the time the manufacturer is there and picked his prop)

The closer a "pet brand" is to pole position the more its now a "bible" , scientific, absolutely dead on, good work, I told you so, we're the best.....

Your threads being filled with a lot of opinions vs facts- next time somebody makes a claim like so and so are no good because they are from (pick one) its not built as well as X. do a little reading as to whose been winning in this decade. (also known as the decade of YOUR purchase) the data is out there and there are more than enough forums to check out what the problems are.

Uncle Dave

Yamaha raptor 70
Old 09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Yeah so the way this works is that the further form pole position a pet brand is the more its a "guideline", bad day, something wrong etc. didn't buy enough adds........the music plays on and on.......

(remember 99% of the time the manufacturer is there and picked his prop)

The closer a "pet brand" is to pole position the more its now a "bible" , scientific, absolutely dead on, good work, I told you so, we're the best.....

Your threads being filled with a lot of opinions vs facts- next time somebody makes a claim like so and so are no good because they are from (pick one) its not built as well as X. do a little reading as to whose been winning in this decade. (also known as the decade of YOUR purchase) the data is out there and there are more than enough forums to check out what the problems are.

Uncle Dave

Yamaha raptor 70
The post above is confusing....

Questions:

1. What is " Pole Position?"

2. Who is the "we" in "we're the best"....

Regarding the listing you linked to.

1. What does this have to do with boats 25 feet and under?

2. Can you sort this nightmare by powerplant(s) so as to get "apples to apples" comparisons?

3. Does a boat attaining xxx mph in 1988 mean anything when compared to a more recent test with newer props and drives?

Aside from talking in circles about the validity or non validity of boat tests from....... West Coast Publications......What is your point?

T2x
Old 09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Default published tests

Originally Posted by T2x
The post above is confusing....

Questions:

1. What is " Pole Position?"

2. Who is the "we" in "we're the best"....

Regarding the listing you linked to.

1. What does this have to do with boats 25 feet and under?

2. Can you sort this nightmare by powerplant(s) so as to get "apples to apples" comparisons?

3. Does a boat attaining xxx mph in 1988 mean anything when compared to a more recent test with newer props and drives?

Aside from talking in circles about the validity or non validity of boat tests from....... West Coast Publications......What is your point?

T2x

1. "Pole Position" would be the fastest boat in a given length and hull type at a given power.

2. "we" as in whoevers "pet brand" does best (lots of hull types and sizes in here) will consider this data cannon going forward. Those at at the bottom of the scale will start contesting results

1. Whats it have to do with boats 25 feet and under? They are in here too! search around a little and see the top speeds of all the 24-25 ft boast with various power.

2. No you actually have to work it a tiny bit by going back and forth and do a search with ctrl-f then enter length or powerplant data and use the browsers internal search capability. An Excel sheet would be far better, but I'm not going to reenter all this data.

3. Yes - if you have more recents tests please post them.
Everyone benefits from the new tech though so all boats will go faster with newer tech, but this is an EXCELLENT baseline.

I'm very fair - I hate all journalists equally. East, West,North ,South and for the most part 90% of them I wouldn't pi$$ in their mouths if there teeth were on fire.

No ones talking in circles. Please post up whatever data you have from ANY magazines tests of 25 ft or less boats.

I dont care where the magazine is printed- no one will do a speed test without the manufacturer present. To do so risks losing ALL ad data. (and they are all greedy)

My point is to show published data tests on most everyones pet brands (including my own) to show them who's running what speed with what power.

Id love to see more data from anywhere.

Uncle Dave

Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Last week at the Tampa Boat Show:
I love the straightforward black paint job on that boat - with the single red strip at the bottom. I've been thinking of simplifying my '87 Formula with something like that...I like the current look well enough, but it just screams '80's. I think the all-black hull would make it look longer, too.
Hmmm.....I am in a quandary....

Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
I love the straightforward black paint job on that boat - with the single red strip at the bottom. I've been thinking of simplifying my '87 Formula with something like that...I like the current look well enough, but it just screams '80's. I think the all-black hull would make it look longer, too.
Hmmm.....I am in a quandary....

Dude ... leave it alone ... your boat looks great as it is !
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

I agree...messing with that scheme and those colors will only lead to disaster

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.