Like Tree0Likes

Raylar HO 600 - WOW!

Reply
Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,656
Default Raylar HO 600 - WOW!

Just got my HO 600 installed and running some time ago. Man!! This engine screams. Boat is running 81.5 MPH but still need prop work. Gotta start all over with that but I知 loving this motor. For anyone thinking of upgrading from a 496, you should give Raylar Engine serious consideration. The 550 is looking very promising as well.

I値l come back and fill in the details as soon as possible (RPM, Speeds, etc).

Thanks Ray for everything you guys did!
Jason
SDFever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 AM
  #2
Registered
 
TUFFboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
My Boats: TUFF 28
Posts: 232
Default

Can you tell us about how much the kit is?
TUFFboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 2,777
Smile Nothing like the real deal!

SDFever:

Jason:

Congratulations on the performance so far. From what I saw on the boat there is still some serious prop work to be done to reap all the benefits of that BIG BOY!

For those asking, when we do a HO600 engine it is a complete new setup with a purpose built redone block that is equipped with all the components that we sell in the BCK103 kits plus a larger throttle body and a reprogrammed ECM and use of a good set of headers or real header manifolds. There is no simple bolt on kit that we offer which will boost the power of a stock block 496 mag or ho to 600HP. If you are interested in truning your 496 into a Raylar HO600 call me toll free or PM me and I will go over the exact costs and details on your exact needs.

For those reading this post, it is nice when actual user customers confirm what Raylar has been saying all along. the 496 (8.1L) engine is a great piece of engineering when its equipped with the right Raylar parts. Result, a big power marine performance engine that will make big torque and HP levels and do it naturally aspirated on good ol' 87-89 pump gas!
Raylar makes reliable cost effective BigPower with 496's!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Raylar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca
My Boats: 1980 scarab S-type
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFever View Post
Just got my HO 600 installed and running some time ago. Man!! This engine screams. Boat is running 81.5 MPH but still need prop work. Gotta start all over with that but I知 loving this motor. For anyone thinking of upgrading from a 496, you should give Raylar Engine serious consideration. The 550 is looking very promising as well.

I値l come back and fill in the details as soon as possible (RPM, Speeds, etc).

Thanks Ray for everything you guys did!
Jason
I have to say that little boat is starting to scare me a little bit
Westcoast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:33 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylar View Post
SDFever:

Jason:

Congratulations on the performance so far. From what I saw on the boat there is still some serious prop work to be done to reap all the benefits of that BIG BOY!

For those asking, when we do a HO600 engine it is a complete new setup with a purpose built redone block that is equipped with all the components that we sell in the BCK103 kits plus a larger throttle body and a reprogrammed ECM and use of a good set of headers or real header manifolds. There is no simple bolt on kit that we offer which will boost the power of a stock block 496 mag or ho to 600HP. If you are interested in truning your 496 into a Raylar HO600 call me toll free or PM me and I will go over the exact costs and details on your exact needs.

For those reading this post, it is nice when actual user customers confirm what Raylar has been saying all along. the 496 (8.1L) engine is a great piece of engineering when its equipped with the right Raylar parts. Result, a big power marine performance engine that will make big torque and HP levels and do it naturally aspirated on good ol' 87-89 pump gas!
Raylar makes reliable cost effective BigPower with 496's!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Also, thanks a bunch for the EXCELLENT service and fast turn around times etc... Totally stoked!!!!!!!!!

SDFever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
  #6
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast View Post
I have to say that little boat is starting to scare me a little bit
Then I guess I'll have to ask Ray for a special seat belt for a one armed driver.

SDFever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SDFever
Fountain
8
09-28-2008 01:42 AM
Padraig
General Q & A
1
11-26-2007 08:47 PM
daqcraig
General Q & A
14
07-24-2007 02:33 AM
Rage
General Q & A
27
10-05-2005 12:10 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.