Like Tree0Likes

Help with a collection - the legal way :)

Reply
Old 09-26-2008, 08:23 PM
  #21
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member
 
bojoe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NEW JERSEY
Posts: 3,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
I like the old fashioned way.....the Jersey / NY / Chicago way like we helped Ed Cozzi last time

Ed got his money 3 days later!
THERE AINT NO MAFIA
bojoe2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 AM
  #22
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
sunchaser796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: Know Better ,cause I work on them...
Posts: 249
Default

Never heard of faxing a check and taking it to the bank to cash. Now faxing a copy of the check does show it was written and to be mailed to the vendor or who ever. Any banks that cashes a check that was faxed to whoever, the there is some really STUPID PEOPLE out there in the world. And now 2 years later and try to cask a check ? I don't think so.. But good luck trying to get your money Marc.
sunchaser796 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 AM
  #23
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Boca Raton, FL
My Boats: None
Posts: 3,682
Talking I don't know EXACTLY what you guys did or said...

but this guy went from not taking my calls, to making me jump through hoops, faxing him old invoices, to lame excuses about being out of town, and then asking to see the old parts.

Then the OSO mafia got involved! Next he had hired an attorney to meet me at my bank where he deposited the full amount into my account within the next day or so.

Now THAT'S the power of OSO!!
Edward R. Cozzi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:07 PM
  #24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser796 View Post
Never heard of faxing a check and taking it to the bank to cash. Now faxing a copy of the check does show it was written and to be mailed to the vendor or who ever. Any banks that cashes a check that was faxed to whoever, the there is some really STUPID PEOPLE out there in the world. And now 2 years later and try to cask a check ? I don't think so.. But good luck trying to get your money Marc.
You don't take a faxed copy of the check to the bank. The customer faxes you a copy of the check. You take the information on the check and enter it into a program, put a blank check form in the printer and print out a check draft, which you deposit. I've been doing it since '96. Virtually every company in America that deal with consumers takes checks via phone- all you need is the info printed on the check.

Do a search on "Check 21"- that's the recent banking laws that remove the need for a paper check and allow the use of electronically-transmitted data.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 PM
  #25
Registered
 
fund razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
My Boats: Apache 28 Brave
Posts: 8,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi View Post
but this guy went from not taking my calls, to making me jump through hoops, faxing him old invoices, to lame excuses about being out of town, and then asking to see the old parts.

Then the OSO mafia got involved! Next he had hired an attorney to meet me at my bank where he deposited the full amount into my account within the next day or so.

Now THAT'S the power of OSO!!
It's better that you don't know. All you know is... he had a change of heart. Maybe he was a nice man after all.

fund razor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
  #26
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Boca Raton, FL
My Boats: None
Posts: 3,682
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
It's better that you don't know. All you know is... he had a change of heart. Maybe he was a nice man after all.

NOW do you see why I love you guys?
Edward R. Cozzi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:01 PM
  #27
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
sunchaser796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: Know Better ,cause I work on them...
Posts: 249
Default

Thanks Chris for the understanding. never thought of it that way.Guess I have been outta the circuit too long to know you can do a draft that way.
Warren
sunchaser796 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.