Notices

Prayer needed for racers

Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
I just found this...

I have been updating the web site with the latest information I can validate. This is my back yard, my hometown, and my family. I have been on site and on board boats searching. Channel 5 news did a very accurate story Monday night at 5:00 pm and again at 6:00pm to correct some of the rumors and stories that have surfaced.
The support from all here at offshore only, and from friends at home has been tremendous.
There has been a bank account set up for Bobby and Pat to help out. Information about this is on the web site.
Please visit the web site as I will be updating daily for further information.

http://reiterracing553.com

Marcelo (Crew Chief 553, Friend)
Marcelo, call me at the shop on the tool free # in the morning. Rob...866-776-3682
Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
My prayers and best wishes go out to all of them.
They same goes out from my family...

They will be in our prayers....

Seems to be a bad time for performance boating lovers...

Divenstar
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prayers go out to all involved. So sad.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Prayers sent!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Update:

As the search continues into the night for Pat there is a glimmer of hope for day break. I have had divers on my boat this afternoon searching the the pilings and the framewaork of the 1000' long, US Navy pier that had turned up clear. While the divers were onboard this evening, DNR boats with sonar devises onboard their boat, had located an "area of interest". This area was maked this evening with bouyes in the general area of the accident. The area of interest is in about 120' of water. The plan is to send divers in the area tomorrow morning with divers certified at that depth to investigate the image found. An investigator from the Maryland Department of Natural Reasources had ask me to give a statement of what I knew about the accident. Due the fact that I was the last one to see them prior to the accident. He had came to my house after learning that my boat was the sister ship of bobby's boat and wanted to learn more about the motors, top speed haul configuation, etc. I spoke with Bobby's mother this evening and she claimed that his condition is stable and improving. Kenny, in also still in the hospital with his leg injury. Josh, although sore, is up and walking and was helpping today with the search for Pat. Please understand that the information given on the findings today is preliminary and still under investigation. We all have a tremendous amount of hope for the mornings search. Mike, Augie and Allen, I very much appriciate your calls today and will let you know how things develop in the afternoon. I am sorry if I couldn't answer everyones calls today, but I promiss I will try and do better tomorrow. God bless the families and thank the OPA and friends for your support.

Last edited by scandelous; 10-14-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Prayers go up.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the link to the Channel 5 news stories that were mentioned....the links to the two videos of the 5 and 6 o'clock news stories are under the picture of Pat.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

We are still praying...

Patti and Bill

Last edited by 45sonic; 10-15-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The CBPBA and the OPA have set up a fund to help out Bobby and Pat's family. The fund will be administered by three trustees- Ed "Smitty" Smith - President OPA, Andy Livermore - President CBPBA, and Jim Voege - Treasurer CBPBA. All funds will be directly passed through to Bobby and Pat's family to help them through this trying time. Many people have expressed a desire to help so this is a great way to do it. We are accepting credit cards through http://www.paypal.com . Go to the link and click on "Send Money" then folow the instructions to send money to [email protected] . In the comments section please put "Bobby and Pat Fund" . If you would like to send a check please make it out to CBPBA and in the memo section put "Bobby and Pat Fund". Send it to:

CBPBA
PO Box 1722
Pasadena, MD 21123

Thanks for your support in advance.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I just sent in my check in today to the "Bobby B Fund" setup by Rob Freeman of Proform Protective Films.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I just sent in my check in today to the "Bobby B Fund" setup by Rob Freeman of Proform Protective Films.

Rob was holding off on that so we could set this up. I suspect he'll just mail it through, we'll get it handled. Thanks for your donattion, as you can expect Pat's family and Bobby will both have a hard time over this and every little bit we can do helps.

Quick Reply: Prayer needed for racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.