Notices

Prayer needed for racers

Old 10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by insptech
Rob was holding off on that so we could set this up. I suspect he'll just mail it through, we'll get it handled. Thanks for your donattion, as you can expect Pat's family and Bobby will both have a hard time over this and every little bit we can do helps.
Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I just sent in my check in today to the "Bobby B Fund" setup by Rob Freeman of Proform Protective Films.
that is correct, we will work in conjunction, I have it set up as 2 diffrent accounts as people can direct where they want thier contributions to go. either way, both families will benefit greatly from everyones generosity.
accounts were cleared through my bank as non taxable so it is a wash through...

One account is the BobbyB fund
the other is Reiter Family fund.

866-776-3682...Rob

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 10-15-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 45sonic
Here is the link to the Channel 5 news stories Joe mentions....the links to the two videos of the 5 and 6 o'clock news stories are under the picture of Pat.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

We are still praying...

Patti and Bill

Still praying, finally some responsible reporting and not headline grabbers.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice article on Pat from his home town paper

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-...id=BI1RE6EFG1F
Old 10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Update:
As some of may have heard, the side band scaner and the dive team were scheduled to be on seen at 8:00 am, They did not show claiming that the DNR was unable to locate a side scan. They then were rescheduled to be on seen between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon, the team did not show up at that point either claiming the divers were volunteers and had full time jobs but are schedule to coordinate the efforts by 4:00 this evening. You guessed it, no show. At 4:30, I was able to get intouch with the investigator in charge towhich he contacted the comander of the DNR. After a "conversation" with him, he assurd me that a full compliment of divers and a side band sonar will be dispatched on sceen by 8:00 am Thursaday morning. I will be onsceen in the morning to be certain that this commitment is being met. I will not stand by and do nothing, while our brother is missing. There were today, 3 DNR boats and 15 to 20 friends and citizen boats on patrol from 6:30 this morning until dark. I have spoken with Bobby, he is very sore and still in the critical care unit. The doctors have performed a CT scan on Bobby, this in an effort to locate his possible internal bleeding. As of 9:00 this evening. Bobby is being rushed into surgery as I am writing this, fearing that Bobby's kidney is severed in two. Debbie, Dustin and Coddy, the best way I can put this is, is that they are numb. I have also contact the investigating officer and the Calvery County District Attorney's Office, in an effort to reclaim Bobby's boat. The hope is, that they should give me an answer on the boat by Friday of Saturday. I am trying to get an oppertunity to "pickle" the engines, and salvage the power and drive train. I keep my fingers crossed on a successfull dive in the morning. I want to take this time once again to thank everyone for their support for the familys. I have also read the threads concerning the fund raisers for both Bobby and Pat's family. The brotherhood of the OPA and CBPBA is one that can't be broken. The outpouring of emails and phone calls is phenomenal. I speak for myself and the family's, when I say, I am very proud to be associated with such an incredible, carring and tight knit extended family. Thank you again for your support. I will be back to everyone tomorrow afternoon, with an update. Joe Peary 301-904-9993.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:50 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you for keeping us updated. Bobby get better buddy, my Familey is praying for you and Pats Family!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the update. Not a minute goes by where all of you are not on my mind.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i am going to the hospital in the morning and will have an update on Bobby........
Old 10-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Registered

Thanks for the update, Hopefully Bobby pulls through and is back boating in may. I still have those guys and their families on my mind and wish them the best.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just wanted to give you some insite into what you are dealing with in your search. I have been in your shoes. Three years ago now I was riding snow mobiles with some freinds when we hit a lake and half way across found that it was not frozen all the way. Two of us made it all the way across over about 1-1.5 miles of open water. My very close friend and business partner did not make it.
Durring the search we all thought that they should be doing this or that, take into account things that WE thought were important. In reality they were not. We kept saying that you have to take into account currents and wind and...... We later found that all these things have very little effect on the way that the body "travels" while in the water. They also did not show up when they said that they would and that was of course very frustrating. He should be VERY CLOSE to the accident sceen if we assume a few things. We found this all out when after many days fo the Maine park services searching we hired a gentlemen from Utah that does nothing but search for and recover people.
We also learned from this wonderful husband and wife team http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html that dogs can often times be used to locate people in water. We tried Gadaver dogs but the weather did not co-operate for us. We were told that a good dog can find a person over 150 feet down. They will not pinpoint the location but they can get you close. If you try this let me know and I can let you know how they told me to do this. If the police are not successful with their search and I hope that they are I highly recommend contacting Gene and Cindy in the above link. They are wonderfull people and can give you a lot of insite. They work for only the cost of travel and stay. While they were not successful in our search they ussually are. Please feel free to email or call me at any time if you need to talk I have been through this and am reliving it every time I ready your thread. (978) 985-0639

Jon
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Gods speed

Quick Reply: Prayer needed for racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.