Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many 20 somethings do we have on the Board? >

How many 20 somethings do we have on the Board?

Notices

How many 20 somethings do we have on the Board?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2005 282 rinker

in the market for some thing faster
Old 09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'm 27 and have been tire kicking for a while now, so no boat till spring, hopefully.

I've got a question though for everyone else that is younger and has a nice boat, (or two) if they wouldn't mind answering. I do pretty well, with an engr degree and a MBA, but am struggling to find the right budget for toys. Do most people on here who are in their mid-20's and have nice boats not own homes, or fairly minimal ones? Or are they just the top few percent of earners for younger people?

I mistakenly bought a fairly nice place so I think I'm just house poor, not to mention raises etc are sure not moving fast in the auto industry.
You sound like me, as I'm an older engineer, 34 now, with a degree as well. I feel like I could have been a medical doctor with the difficulty I had getting that piece of paper too. Then I look around and see these young folks with the huge boats I can only dream of. I'm at 78k/year, and I think I'm doing all the right things, but I sometimes wonder. Here I've got a 89 model boat (paid for thankfully) that's broke, and I'm doing all the wrenching. I sometimes wonder if the guys I see driving these things is all smoking mirrors (huge debt, and can't afford a 1/4lb'er at McDs). I know I shouldn't think that way, but I can't help it. Guess it's jealousy. Oh yeah, I would've been 28 when this thread started, and I owned a 19ft Rogers Jet Boat with a single BBC. Yeehaw.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

turned 24 today Bought a 22 scarab when I was 19 and have had a 21 apache for the past 3 years. Looking to get a 28 apache and sell the 21
Old 09-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

i just turned 30 and own an apache 41 (no reservations).... i was not born with a silver spoon or parents that could afford to pay for my college. i grew up on a farm in Arkansas and joined the USAF when i was 18. had a wonderful career where i seen most of the world and met a lot a great people. during my time in the service i found that i enjoyed working out. upon my release into the regular world i started a small 2000sqft gym and began personal training clients. i trained 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and after a few years i had saved enough money to open a second location....

well longer story short i now own several health clubs and have started franchising my business to other investors across two states. we are currently have 9 clubs and are developing multiple clubs this very minute. we are looking to be the leader in mid sized 24 hour health clubs...

ya know i hear people say now that i am "lucky", but i attribute my success to taking risks and hard work!! most people dont understand the sacrifice that has went into my company. im sorry if a college degree didnt give you what you wanted but there is never a piece of paper that assured me i would have a job... i guess thats why i refused to give up (lord knows there are plenty of days i wanted to)

my apache 41 something ive dreamed about for many years and was always the unreachable boat to own. when i became blessed enough to EARN one... i did!!

nuff said...
Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Definitely sounds like some people have earned some great rides early in life. I'm pretty commited to having a boat (who knows what?) by spring and the age of 28. The 3/4 ton truck purchase I just made shows some intent, as I can only kick tires so long.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Hey all!!!
25 years old. 2008 Donzi 35 ZR 496 ho's...
1st boat 2005 Formula 292 FASTECH 6.2's
Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

I thought you were getting rid of the ZR?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1

ya know i hear people say now that i am "lucky", but i attribute my success to taking risks and hard work!!

when i became blessed enough to EARN one... i did!!

nuff said...
Great job,...your story is encouraging. I've just got to learn to take more risks. The hardwork I don't mind.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
i just turned 30 and own an apache 41 (no reservations).... i was not born with a silver spoon or parents that could afford to pay for my college. i grew up on a farm in Arkansas and joined the USAF when i was 18. had a wonderful career where i seen most of the world and met a lot a great people. during my time in the service i found that i enjoyed working out. upon my release into the regular world i started a small 2000sqft gym and began personal training clients. i trained 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and after a few years i had saved enough money to open a second location....

well longer story short i now own several health clubs and have started franchising my business to other investors across two states. we are currently have 9 clubs and are developing multiple clubs this very minute. we are looking to be the leader in mid sized 24 hour health clubs...

ya know i hear people say now that i am "lucky", but i attribute my success to taking risks and hard work!! most people dont understand the sacrifice that has went into my company. im sorry if a college degree didnt give you what you wanted but there is never a piece of paper that assured me i would have a job... i guess thats why i refused to give up (lord knows there are plenty of days i wanted to)

my apache 41 something ive dreamed about for many years and was always the unreachable boat to own. when i became blessed enough to EARN one... i did!!

nuff said...
USAF Enlisted was the best damn thing that ever happened to me as well. Good for you.
USAF HQ/JCS/Pentagon 1992-1996
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
USAF Enlisted was the best damn thing that ever happened to me as well. Good for you.
USAF HQ/JCS/Pentagon 1992-1996
i have to agree...

USAF/ACC/509BW/B-2 Stealth Bomber 1996-1999
USAF/AFMC/654 Combat Logistics Support 1999 -2002

was held on stop loss for 10 months past enlistment

Last edited by Viperfitness1; 09-03-2008 at 03:41 PM.