88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Gentlemen,

for those of you that don't know, I am the Admin of Boatfreaks. I feel that I need to clear up a few misconceptions about what has been going on here with reference to our board.

1. To Prostock. I hope that you worded the above quoted post wrong, because BF's had NOTHING to do with your dealing with LDD. Is he a member and poster there? Yes. same as he is here. But Boatfreaks had nothing to do with this boat deal, good bad or otherwise.

2. To Laken. Believe me, LDD is not being "protected" on Boatfreaks. I requested that people not start a similiar thread on BF's to this one here that has more than 400 posts.

Why did I request that a thread on BF's not be started? The reason is, that I have been involved with this matter since before there was even a thread on OSO. Anthony (Nordic 95) and I have been in constant contact over the last week or so about this deal. I have also been in contact with LDD over the same time frame about this deal. In the beginning, it looked like there was a possibility of a settlement, which would have ended this before it began. We know now that did not happen. We are also aware now, that the lawyers are involved in this, and it is going to go forward from there. As I and just about everyone that has posted on this thread are NOT lawyers, none of us are qualified to make legal judgements on this deal.

As far as the moral issues involved, I've made my personal opinion clear to Anthony and LDD that I think the deal was wrong, and that the money should not have been kept.

With that being said, I would ask that you respect the members of Boatfreaks, and not start posts and threads there about this issue.

To make sure that our members are aware of this situation, I have done a thread on Boatfreaks referencing this with a link to this thread. That way they can read it if they wish to, and form theiir own opinions.

If anyone wishes to contact me on this, I can be PM'ed or emailed through Boatfreaks.

Thansk!

Zone 5
Adminstrator
www.boatfreaks.org

TY

Anthony
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong

there is allot of people who can read between the lines with this transaction and have better things to do with their time than post on here, they just call me and show their support...
I guess you should turn your phone off,Its not going to ring.

Last edited by nordic95; 11-10-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey LDD...you hear your phone NOT ringing!!

That's the sound of "all your friends" NOT calling to support you!!

This was a very shady thing to do...and you (obviously) know that already. It's a shame you didn't just give this guy his money back (minus the $2K deposit) in the beginning. There's no telling how many HUNDREDS (or more) of people that could have been potential customers that have made a note of your name - and will NEVER do business with you.

Truly...Prostock might have lost a few thousand bucks when it is all said and done. That $$ is pretty easy to recover from. But you LDD...you have tarnished your reputation even further than it was tarnished before. This time...it's gone WAY beyond this forum. I heard about the deal from a few people here in the Houston area that own a high-end yacht service business with over 30 years in the business. This isn't because of Prostock...this happened because of YOU and your lack of ethical business practices. Obviously you don't care about repeat business or about building up a clientele of loyal high-end buyers. You just want to turn and burn (literally) those that buy from you. Well...at least we can take some solice in the fact that your business (if it's truly legit to begin with) won't last long with that type of service.

My you fade off into the sunset with all the other nameless (and worthless) wanna-be boat hustlers of yester-year. You are unfortunately not "one-of-a-kind" and I'm sure you won't be the last to practice such horrible unethical business.

Last edited by KSims1868; 11-10-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
"Laken", the weird thing about that is if wasn't for BF then we wouldn't be in this mess.. That's where he posted the pictures of how not to drive a boat or trailer!?!

PS
BF had nothing to do with this deal you and steve did .The reason we are keeping it out of boatfreaks is to help , this does not need to be all over the internet it needs to be in front of 12 people and a judge
Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
I guess I see it as if it wasn't for them, then this wouldn't be. It should be allowed to be discussed there since they (members) are mostly friends of his and may make valid points.

wrong and as for friends we are yours too. we are poofing his post about it also. as i said before you guys did this deal you are grown men and no web site twisted your arm.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
BF had nothing to do with this deal you and steve did .The reason we are keeping it out of boatfreaks is to help , this does not need to be all over the internet it needs to be in front of 12 people and a judge
The BF comment was taken out of context, by me stating if it wasn't for BF, this wouldn't be, is implying that if I hadn't found the pictures of the damage on there, I would have been in for a surprise when it arrived. I for one have no problem with BF as I've been a member there for a bit. Basically I should thank Boat Freaks for having those pictures available.

Last edited by prostock85; 11-10-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Gentlemen,

for those of you that don't know, I am the Admin of Boatfreaks. I feel that I need to clear up a few misconceptions about what has been going on here with reference to our board.

1. To Prostock. I hope that you worded the above quoted post wrong, because BF's had NOTHING to do with your dealing with LDD. Is he a member and poster there? Yes. same as he is here. But Boatfreaks had nothing to do with this boat deal, good bad or otherwise.

2. To Laken. Believe me, LDD is not being "protected" on Boatfreaks. I requested that people not start a similiar thread on BF's to this one here that has more than 400 posts.

Why did I request that a thread on BF's not be started? The reason is, that I have been involved with this matter since before there was even a thread on OSO. Anthony (Nordic 95) and I have been in constant contact over the last week or so about this deal. I have also been in contact with LDD over the same time frame about this deal. In the beginning, it looked like there was a possibility of a settlement, which would have ended this before it began. We know now that did not happen. We are also aware now, that the lawyers are involved in this, and it is going to go forward from there. As I and just about everyone that has posted on this thread are NOT lawyers, none of us are qualified to make legal judgements on this deal.

As far as the moral issues involved, I've made my personal opinion clear to Anthony and LDD that I think the deal was wrong, and that the money should not have been kept.

With that being said, I would ask that you respect the members of Boatfreaks, and not start posts and threads there about this issue.

To make sure that our members are aware of this situation, I have done a thread on Boatfreaks referencing this with a link to this thread. That way they can read it if they wish to, and form theiir own opinions.

If anyone wishes to contact me on this, I can be PM'ed or emailed through Boatfreaks.

Thansk!

Zone 5
Adminstrator
www.boatfreaks.org
Well said and boatfreaks rocks!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Laken
He is over on BF where he is being protected from the truth from the moderators.
If you even mention him or ask your post is "poofed"
nope we are not protecting anyone this mess started here and here is where it needs to stay. the only post we are poofing is the ones about this and that includes his post also. Nordic95 agreed it needs to stay here and he started this thread

Last edited by mikes280; 11-10-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

p.s Damn, don't you guys have jobs, this thread was at around 14k view this morning and now its over 16k..DAMN>>>
Old 11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pshannon
p.s Damn, don't you guys have jobs, this thread was at around 14k view this morning and now its over 16k..DAMN>>>
It's an OSO soap opera that runs around the clock.

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.