Like Tree0Likes

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Reply
Old 11-12-2008, 05:47 PM
  #51
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Ahhh, I remember the good ole Mike Alweiss days of APBA. Great memories and I really miss those days! You all never had it so good.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
  #52
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,335
Default

Sounds like he was pissed because you beat his boy. Great job, you should do it again.
wananewboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
  #53
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

so sorry to hear JC makes it a bad experiance
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
  #54
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 1000 Islands & Florida
My Boats: "Liquid Asset"
Posts: 333
Default

Sad....very sad...you would think with the way the economy is right now and the flat fan base this sport is receiving these guys would jump at the chance for more sponsor's / attendance! Busy or not he is only hurting his own organization and I hope SBI members really take a look at this...I know Ron over at OSS would be glad to talk...I only wish we could get the people who are holding us back out of this sport! Then we would have room to grow & thrive...economy or not, there are alot of people willing to throw money around..they just need a pot to piss in.

Doug
cauzmik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 PM
  #55
Registered
 
DaveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toms River, NJ
My Boats: 2004 36 Concept
Posts: 2,740
Default

John C. "aka BUBBA" is the biggest piece of scum in offshore racing - period. On the totem pole of life he is a lower life form than whale sh*t (and whale sh*t is pretty deep in the ocean)

He has always had an attitude doesn't care what kind of race he puts on as long as his pockets get lined. He doesn't accept payoffs???? That dope smoker gets a VIG on almost everything in Key West during race week.

Many years ago they raced here in Point and the turn pillows were at the Lobster Shanty and needed to be brought back to the pits. So I radio'ed to the pits offering to bring them back.
They said yes - so I pull into the pits and Bubba says "load'em in that truck truck." I said how about a PLEASE of the offer of HELP???? He just walked away.

So I threw the pillows on the ground and threw all of the valve caps in the garbage can!

I thought...........Two can play that game muther****** !

Last edited by DaveP; 11-12-2008 at 07:45 PM.
DaveP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
John C. "aka BUBBA" is the biggest piece of scum in offshore racing - period. On the totem pole of life he is a lower life form than whale sh*t (and whale sh*t is pretty deep in the ocean)

He has always had an attitude doesn't care what kind of race he puts on as long as his pockets get lined. He doesn't accept payoffs???? That dope smoker gets a VIG on almost everything in Key West during race week.

Many years ago they raced here in Point and the turn pillows were at the Lobster Shanty and needed to be brought back to the pits. So I radio'ed to the pits offering to bring them back.
They said yes - so I pull into the pits and Bubba says "load'em in that truck truck." I said how about a PLEASE of the offer of HELP???? He just walked away.

So I threw the pillows on the ground and threw all of the valve caps in the garbage can!

I thought...........Two can play that game muther****** !
tell us how you really feel dave!
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 PM
  #57
PHIL
VIP Member
 
Phil M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Spring Lake,NJ, - Stuart Fla
My Boats: Bertrams
Posts: 399
Default

He never says Thank you, its YOU OWE me - Pay me - and give me everything you have ! NOW ! I would love to see the racers show up at Key West one year - and organize the event themselves (like it used to be in the late 60s) - and just tell him where to go - and have their race - do you think the town would throw everyone out - I doubt it - maybe they would ask JC to leave first !

When People volunteer on their own dime - and dont ask JC for anything - then he has no say -

And People wonder why offshore racing is not what it was in the 70s and 80s ? JC is a prime example - and I can think of a few more - that were out for them selves too -

Phil
Phil M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
  #58
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
rchevelle71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boca Raton
My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport
Posts: 7,392
Default

[QUOTE=Pat D;2737842]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
. My opinion of SBI is that they are a bunch of dictator-like a$$holes (not the racers, just the officials) and JC is king dictator.

I've read all this and wasn't going to post but now I have to defend myself.
You don't know me so you have no right to blame your unhappy experiences on those of us who participate in the SBI events because we enjoy it.
After working in race control for 9 races this past week, showing up for 8 a.m. staff meetings, monitoring the testing for 8 hours on tuesday, working with the medical team during spin-outs and getting divers back in the helicopters after coordinating the transfer of racers from boats to ambulances, signing up all our volunteer boats, plus many other things that helped this race happen........it sure is warming my heart to be called an a$$hole.
I've worked the races for many years but won't get involved in bashing, politics or defending controversial situations - even though I know what the other sides of stories are.
Don't bunch me into your rude accusations. If you want to know who I am........ask someone who does.
Pat Diedrich/SBI medical race communications and volunteer boat coordinator
Pat,

you know we all love you and the Girls, but John can get a little harsh sometimes, 'til ya know how to deal with him. I am sure He had a lot of stress that week, and the last thing he needed was to deal with more at that point. I am sure if this was arranged in advance, he and Gino could have worked something out, but like Gino said, he was trying to help work things out for the best of everyone. I am in no way sticking up for anyone since I wasnt there, but I have had dealings with John(both good and bad), and even though I dont know Gino, I have heard nothing but good about him.

Rick
rchevelle71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
  #59
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member
 
Hot Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ocean City, MD
My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin
Posts: 2,673
Default

[QUOTE=Pat D;2737842]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
. My opinion of SBI is that they are a bunch of dictator-like a$$holes (not the racers, just the officials) and JC is king dictator.

I've read all this and wasn't going to post but now I have to defend myself.
You don't know me so you have no right to blame your unhappy experiences on those of us who participate in the SBI events because we enjoy it.
After working in race control for 9 races this past week, showing up for 8 a.m. staff meetings, monitoring the testing for 8 hours on tuesday, working with the medical team during spin-outs and getting divers back in the helicopters after coordinating the transfer of racers from boats to ambulances, signing up all our volunteer boats, plus many other things that helped this race happen........it sure is warming my heart to be called an a$$hole.
I've worked the races for many years but won't get involved in bashing, politics or defending controversial situations - even though I know what the other sides of stories are.
Don't bunch me into your rude accusations. If you want to know who I am........ask someone who does.
Pat Diedrich/SBI medical race communications and volunteer boat coordinator
Pat, you are absolutely correct. I changed my earlier post to read "some of the officials." I don't know you and have probably never dealt with you, so it is not fair for me to lump all of the officials into one group. I am sure that SBI is like any other organization in this world. It probably includes a lot of great people along with a few that that are total a$$holes. No different from any other organization. The bad thing is that the jerks are the ones that are remembered. Even worse for the SBI organization is that JC is in command.

When we were racing I remember JC seeming to always be in a bad mood and doing nothing but chopping people down and barking orders. That is just my memory of him. On the flip side of that attitude is Stu Jones and his crew with the FPC. They have always treated us with respect, have always bent over backwards to help us and because of that they always get the same in return. They have built a little empire with the FPC and JC could certainly learn some things from them.

Anyhow, I apologize for making such a broad generalization, but I was a little angry when I posted that comment. Reading this thread made me think of a few past experiences with SBI and I let my emotions get the better of me. It doesn't happen often with me, but it did this time and I certainly am sorry.
Hot Duck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
  #60
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 1000 Islands & Florida
My Boats: "Liquid Asset"
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post

I let my emotions get the better of me. It doesn't happen often with me, but it did this time and I certainly am sorry.
Sometime's you get a little HOT eh duck?..

Last edited by cauzmik; 11-12-2008 at 09:03 PM.
cauzmik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AA/FuelCoupe
General Q & A
1
03-02-2006 05:14 PM
Open72
General Boating Discussion
59
05-22-2004 07:51 AM
MitchStellin
General Boating Discussion
44
05-19-2004 09:14 AM
CAP071
General Boating Discussion
37
05-17-2004 02:09 PM
DLG
Pantera
2
10-01-2002 09:41 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.