Is this oil changer any good? >

Is this oil changer any good?

Notices

Is this oil changer any good?

Old 03-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 27Fountain
I have the one Audiofn is talking about, I used to use the eletric pump, I like the cylinder one better.

However I will only be using it one more time, I am putting in the drail hose from eddiemarine for $16, got it in the mail last week

WILL
Hey 27Fountain can you give some more information on this new $16 gadget I would like to install one before the season starts.

tks, Joe
Old 03-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Registered

I put Kieth Eikerts pre lubers in the 41. To change the oil all you do is plug in the drain hose and flip the swithch. If you use a long enough hose you can actually leave the oil container outside of the boat. When you're done simply unplug the hose and refill with oil. It might cost alot in the beginning but as far as I'm concerned it's the only system to have. It will be in all my future rides Good luck in your decision on oil changers kook.
Old 03-13-2002, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Onthebay

here is a link for the one I have, sorry its actually $18
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/default.asp Sydwayz23 installed one on his 26 sonic, said to make sure all oil is out and still tilt boat back, because their is still about 1/2 qt in motor.

KC BAJA

You are right installing this drain hose is going to be a challange, I can reach the drain plug but not see it, while doing a head stand in the engine comp. I am confident it will be worth it.

WILL
Old 03-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using a small carter electric plunger style fuel pump mounted on a piece of plywood,2 wires with gator clips to attach to battery source,2x4 foot pieces of 3/8 rubber hose.attach one end to dipstick tube,put other end in a 5 gallon red gas can,hook up gator clips and let the pumping begin.Total cost about 75 bucks.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:39 PM
NICKSLICK

I got an electric one from West Marine... same price...

kicks ass.

Old 03-13-2002, 05:01 PM
Registered

Yes, I have used that vacuum pump. It's terrible. It kept coming apart, looses its vacuum. Don't waste your time or money. Get the little 12V Jabsco pump on the bucket
Old 03-13-2002, 05:08 PM
B.R.S.

I use the one that Audiofn was tallking about too and it kicks butt. A couple pumps and it sucks the oil right out the dipstick tube. It came with a fitting that screws right to the Merc dipstick. No mess at all.

Old 03-13-2002, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I've used the "on-sale" vacumn pump for 8 season w/o a problem. Bring the engine oil up to temperature, connect the hose to the dipstick hose, pump it 20 times and that's it. It'll take about 4 minutes for a big block. Nice unit that can be used on multiple boats plus it's very convenient to carry away the old oil. Considering how often we all change boats it makes sense to have something you that'll move with you to the next boat.

The electric pre-lubers of course sound very, very nice as well!
Old 03-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

Are you guys sure that the master lube pre lubers you can use to drain the oil? Someone told me that you can not.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:25 PM
Registered

KC Baja

My Baja is 89 226 islander. I had gale banks turbo motor in it & installed the hose before I installed the motor. I know what you mean about getting down to the engine. I had the alt. mounted down low on the motor. It was easier to pull the motor out to put new belt on then to fight trying to do in in the boat. When I would change the impellor on the water pump I would have a headacke for days from standing on my head trying to get down to it.

Quick Reply: Is this oil changer any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.