Like Tree0Likes

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Reply
Old 12-24-2008, 04:28 PM
  #221
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
Jeff....... What kind of boat do you want to buy & what do you want to spend?
38 TS Scarab or Donzi with A/C and Genset. I'd love a cigarette, but the cult will never let one go.

Price is not the issue. Looking for a good deal. I'd go outside my budget, if it was a killer deal. Something priced behing the left side of the book, where you guys buy them at.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:34 PM
  #222
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
lucky strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: Using LS JR. TG
Posts: 8,468
Default

My son Bobby (LSJr.) says he knows of a 38 ZR with low Hrs.

Call him 954-328-2022. Maybe he can hook you up
__________________
www.mercedeshowroom.com
lucky strike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:38 PM
  #223
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
My son Bobby (LSJr.) says he knows of a 38 ZR with low Hrs.

Call him 954-328-2022. Maybe he can hook you up
I found one that I am interested in. I will look him up if I decide I don't like this one.

I had been working a deal on a scarab that I really liked, but the dealer that owns it wouldn't get realistic on the price.

I had the credit union ready to do a loan. I'll find something eventually. I always do.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:43 PM
  #224
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
lucky strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: Using LS JR. TG
Posts: 8,468
Default

Good luck.....I hope you find what your looking for.
__________________
www.mercedeshowroom.com
lucky strike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:54 PM
  #225
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMF View Post
I think your post are totally off topic, you have no idea what American business owners go thru to make and run thier business in this country, we work long hours, put up with alot of B.S. and pay lots of Taxes. My Grandfather faught in the 2nd world war, he was a B-17 Pilot, he flew 56 missions over Germany from his base in Italy, he was not drafted!!!!!, he is the reason you can come on this site and spout you anti American rederic!!!, if it was not for America, your country would be part of Germany, or Russia? I know things are not great in this country right now, but if we had to defend our friends or ourselfs, we could do it hands down, without any help from any country in the world!!!!! As for boat builder's going out of Business, I am tired of hearing about it, or any American business going out, it does not help the market or our sport!!!, There are real people behind these companies, with dream's and familie's, not just internet talk. Please think before you post, it may hurt some people!!!!!!
Despite this being the Xmaseve I have to reply.
I have never had any vacations until I turned 41 as an entrepuneur I did 8yrs workhours in 4 yrs.
Oh I think here we have many fine Hard working ( and succesful) individuals,
Myself, I know how to drive a Big Rig at 130Klbs without a rest 15 hrs straigth in the winter, pedal to the metal, taking deadly risks to myself and others, just to catch the ferry for Xmas yearning to see the family.
Iīve also looked sometime in my life off business opprotunities overthere and found out how the systems worked.
So donīt tempt me.

Both grandfathers got wounded in WW2, dads father limped the rest of his life (uptil 1991) and carried a Handgun daily because of the fear of Commies.
Mothers father had to get by the next 50 yrs with one lung as the other was torn off while he jumped on a US made grenade to save his crew and succeeded in that.
They both had personal issues after WW2, didnīt talk about them and just plugged on and succeeded somehow.
We defended our homeland as we were attacked an invaded on our homesoil.
I donīt blame the American citizen but the government, regarding their foreign policy which has a history of being less than mediocre regarding our point of view.
Your grandfather did his duty as good as he could just as mine did or anyone else who were less than collateral damage.
I salute all of them despite the side they served, they were soldiers and letīs honour them and their legacy.

Looking from my window over the river I can see as long as thereīs a view condos instead of old wooden houses that got bombed away (civilians) and I donīt need to walk more than 600yrds to find holes in the granite groundings the size of my head of bombings Russians did on purpose on civilians at the centre of the City..not some factory targets here.

If The Finns wanted and Germans demanded us to do it we coulda shut down the only supply road to St:Petersburg ( then leningrad)with ease and starve the whole 5 million in progress of civilians, we didnīt do it nor bomb them despite being able to shred the city to the ground.
And Seeing the beautiful St:Petersburg at night all lit up this summer Iīm glad we choose not to.

Allies did choose to bomb civilians and your father was just one in the progress just carrying his orders.
In fact it was the western allies who came up to that idea.
I say it wasnīt your grandfathers choice but Thereīs some to blame ( the high staff) and certainly they ainīt Finnish who only protected their homesoil and took the help from those who where ready to help and sell their war equipment, we did turn to British who promised but didnīt deliver and USA who sold some planes that were decomissioned but too late to help when it was needed so more blood had to be shed later.
*Like I said Roosevelt was all for helping us but the senate wasnīt .


Now we have a history of being ruthless warriors and even the catholichurch has a psalm made to ask gods protection from us way back.
In Maroc a town called Rabat was invaded by Finns one time Iīm told of the locals.

So yes weīre at least as agressive as the Irish and should both natives be caged unless needed in general IMO.
But Iīm proud of the rebellious heritage and no Nazi or German can come even close to us if you tick us off and they knew it back in the day and the US Military staff new it too.
Just go to Fort Bragg and ask about it and the buildings names.
End of story.

What comes to the ability to defend your own homesoil or friends (?) I donīt doubt it. I doubt the time to react and act right... I think by giving the Red Army all on a silver plate USA didnīt do nothing but let half of Europe be stomped on by Commies.
Now even Russians themselves greeted the Wehrmacht from liberating them from Soviet goverment terror, so guess the times were not that happy in Soviet ?
I think someone hasnīt told you that.
Regarding USA keeping the Europe or us free from German or Russian terror because of it being a superpower I disagree on.
The help didnīt come when it was needed and Germans didnīt try to press us because we were strategically too delicate .
We had cannons that could reach the Soviet Baltic fleet main harbours, the biggest fleet they posessed and could put them put there if needed.
I told not to get me started on the matter.

Sadly The Truth HURTS and itīs up to the workers to tell the managements if they donīt see the morale in it to consider supporting Domestic workers.
MY message is that I donīt buy anything packaged in (a) US (brand) and made in XXX ( = fill your favourite here) despite givcing the packagers getting jobs. Itīs up **** creek.
I may even browse over the shortcomings unless they are not to the size of a Harley as long as it as much as possible giving ordinary people ( in USA) Jobs and making their day.
*I test drove a Harley 1200 Sportster prototype this fall and yes it was quite ok but to shell out any money over it no.
Regarding a V twin scoot Iīd look for Aprilias or Ducatis for the same price plus the spare parts ainīt made in China for those two like they are for a Harley, Told by the dealer...

I maybe the only Finn to think this way too..
I buy American everytime it is truly American. Like VP-Race fuel despite it being over 5 dollars a gallon for me compared to the others at half the price.
Because Iīve used it before and found out it has something I FEEL I can trust on.

Sorry to be so bitter on Xmas but Iīm getting short on Vodka...

Have a Merry Xmas and hopefully weīll manage the years to come with pride and success despite these times.
And I hope at least Cigarette cruises by this recession with pride.
If the Banks would look themsleves in the mirror and be human this crisis would be allover by now IMO.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-24-2008 at 05:43 PM.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:39 PM
  #226
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume View Post
show me a new dealer demo for 250k??????????????????
October 07 (at the Laud. boat show) the OSO Top Gun sold for 250K, no trailer delivered to FL. Was a demo with 70 hours and full warranty/never titled.

That was a plain white boat in a substantially better economy but it had been for sale for 285-299K for about 5-6 months (hinting it didn't sell for bigger money because it wasn't worth more than 250K).
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:41 PM
  #227
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw View Post
Well said WMF!!! Now lets go boating. [email protected] it to cold here. Im going SOUTH!!
Got snow ?
We donīt and you can still boat here. Mid 30īs thou..
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 PM
  #228
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Lucky Strike Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: 38 Top Gun T/S "Hot For Teacher"
Posts: 1,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
October 07 (at the Laud. boat show) the OSO Top Gun sold for 250K, no trailer delivered to FL. Was a demo with 70 hours and full warranty/never titled.

That was a plain white boat in a substantially better economy but it had been for sale for 285-299K for about 5-6 months (hinting it didn't sell for bigger money because it wasn't worth more than 250K).
Yeah, he wants $259k now with 235 hrs on the boat
Lucky Strike Jr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:08 PM
  #229
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr View Post
Yeah, he wants $259k now with 235 hrs on the boat
That is what I am talking about. Guy gets a decent deal on a boat and figures because it says Cigarette on the side of it that he is entitled to make money on it.

He should pass his good fortune along to the next guy and make someone else a good deal.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:19 PM
  #230
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Lucky Strike Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: 38 Top Gun T/S "Hot For Teacher"
Posts: 1,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
That is what I am talking about. Guy gets a decent deal on a boat and figures because it says Cigarette on the side of it that he is entitled to make money on it.

He should pass his good fortune along to the next guy and make someone else a good deal.
Well, reality is he'll lose $ when he sells it.

However, (and this is my opinion) to say he should pass his good fortune to the next guy....that's up in the air. If he bought that TG for $100k should he have to sell it to the next guy for $100k? The answer is no but a boat is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and that is definatley true in today's market.

Also, a bidder is better than a looker. I got laughed at on an offer I made to someone this morning. He may have thought it was low, but it was a cash offer and I doubt he's had any other offers.

I hope this makes sense.
Lucky Strike Jr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Joe
General Boating Discussion
263
09-05-2007 09:35 AM
OSO News
Offshoreonly Industry News
0
07-02-2007 12:23 PM
smokinatcig
Cigarette
0
04-16-2002 01:24 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.