Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong? >

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Notices

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Old 03-17-2002, 03:23 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

thanks anyway BK, i have been enjoying this thread an i just thought i'de put it out there an see if you had ever seen one like it.
Old 03-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have no respect for Lightening Powereboats now. Perhaps they need to get their facts straight onthe cunstruction of the boats they copied, maybe next time when you see a REAL Mirage you'll notice
Old 03-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Havasu Barney

Default Originals

How do you know?

Quality of construction...... how do you really know?

Ryan Beckley made some comments about the quality of a Liberator that he never saw, commented about a lack of bulkheads when he never investigated.

Many of you are just plain talking about stuff you have no knowledge of......

Opinions without credentials.

Might as well take Real Estate advice from the homeless.

Every business does it to some degree, EVERY business copies procedure or success to some degree.

Or perhaps all ther rocket sceintist are re-inventing the wheel daily, of course that is somebody elses idea too.

Old 03-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

Default Barney

Barney,
Be acerful who you say has no idea of that they are talking about. You wold be so amazed at the number of people DO have knowlage of boat construction. Good point on having the opinion whithout the investigation, but here's the problem. Its not hard to open your eyes and see the shabby fiberglass work below the decks and under the seats. I've seen some very good lookcing boats, strudy and all, but then when I took a look at the inside, I noticed bare matting, larg areas of reisn that ran in the mold, poor seat fasteners, soft transoms. Perhaps this was just a bad one, maybe one of few, but what about someone who doesn't know anything about boat building...and the bottom comes apart on their ride? can they not tell its poor construction?
Old 03-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Havasu Barney

Thumbs up ModVP, I totally agree

I have a glass and gelcoat shop here in Lake Havasu, I see many boats and levels of workmanship.

My only point is that if your going to go to the trouble of voicing a negative opinion, some credentials should be in order.

Too ofen people are giving opinions on stuff based solely a feeling or guess, that's just not fair. So with those negative opinions I simply wanted to add,

How do you know?

I do not wish to let those that that do not know influence opinions, I would perfer advice and input from those that do.

EXAMPLE, puder should not be giving spelling lessons!

Old 03-17-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Default Barney

Barney,
Yes, you are very right about the workmanship of boats. however, this thread isn't dedicated to the workmanship of boats.
Its dedicated to splahsing designs, now who makes a better quality splash. I have a big problem with someone taking a design that isn't theris to begin with and making it cheaper and lower quality just to make a buck. Its not right. Like I said before If the laws were the same for cars, would it be ok for me to copy the Corvette and put my name on it? or a different set a wheels and name? What about Harley Davidson? Can I copy their bike and put my name on it and it be "inocent and making an honest living?
I'd rahter come to the boatshow or to the lake with something thats never been seen before with my name on it, than a splash that has with my name on it.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Havasu Barney

Smile That's great!

I wanna be 6 10', 22 years old and play in the NBA but that's not what this thread is about.

There are no totally original designs in exsistance, if you dis agree, name ONE!

BTW, what do you do for a living and what car do you drive?

Do you ever eat? Do you think every recipe is an original?

Somebody came up with the idea of a cat or V hull, every variation then becomes a partile copy if it includes either of those features.

Old 03-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Registered

Cool Harleys

There are quite a few Harley Copys,Titan,Big Dog and others like Jessie James that make one off copies.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Havasu Barney

Default Too Old

Theft - implies taking something that does not belong to you and it is ILLEGAL

I agree that theft is wrong.

What eludes you is that this is not theft, if you think that is what I'm talking about, perhaps you should clarify what it is I am saying instead of just running on when you have mis-interpeted what I've said.

I am NOT talking ABOUT A DIRECT COPY THEN CHANGE THE NAME.

There are also many levels to the whole splashing issue, you choose to throw the baby out with the bath water because your simply unwilling to recieve new information, perhaps a drawback from being TOO OLD.

Your simply interested in conflict, black and white, right and wrong.

That is not the way the real world is, BTW it is roundish.

We are also talking about the idea of using an exsisting design or idea, one that BELONGS LEGALLY to the public domain, using it in part or in whole to produce something DIFFERENT.

Still splashing but I do not feel wrong.

Old 03-17-2002, 06:44 PM
Registered

Default ok ok

Ok, the Harley thing was a bad example, my appologies.

Yes, somewhere along the line, someoe came up with one idea and others expanded on it. Just because someone took a V hull and made it unique in one way, doesn't mean they "Copied" it. Alfter all, look at the tunnel designs, Cats, true sraigth tunnels, ModVp's, modified cats. The true pioneers made them unique in their own way. As for a totally orignal design, how about Allison drag boats? Do I really need to say much more?

Bye the way, I work on maintenance, I workon boats of many kinds, I work on trailers of all sorts, I work on cars and trucks, I'm also a full time college student. I drive a GMC truck, ya know, America's first truck company.

Recipies are one thing, there are many varliations to them, so are tunnel hulls, and v hulls. But not every recipy has the exact same everything to it, kinda like not ever tunnel boat is exactly the same. Ya know, not like stealing someone's mold and using it to produce boats under another name.

Quick Reply: Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.