Notices

Kachina Boats?

Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kachinapowerboats
This is Wesley, General Manager of Kachina Boats. People are correct that there has been bashing in the past regarding our boats but there is always that one guy that you can never please. Check on any other boat manufacturer in the world and I guarantee you will find the same. We have been building and selling boats since 1963 so a couple of disgruntled customers isnt too darn bad if you ask me. Yes there are a lot of Kachinas on Havasu and other local lakes but that is wher the majority of people boat on the west coast. We have many boats in the ocean on the west and east coast. We are the only manufacturer that offers a 10 year hull warranty so we definately stand behind our product 100%!

Just remember that just because a boat has more of a realistic price tag doesnt meen that it is poorly built. Every manfactuers price is based on overhead and absolutely a certain level of profit that they are willing to accept. I can also guarantee that if you look at our standard equipment list, no one can touch us. We also offer full carbon fiber layups and carbon/kevlar hybrids. We are always custom so we build your boat the way you want it!

Please feel free to let me know if anyone has any questions and i will be more than happy to answer.

Wesley R. Metzger
Great post Wesley. I think people appreciate a company being open and forward about there business. My experience, through my Kachina boat insurance clients is that Kachina always stand behind their product.

You may want to announce Kachina's upcoming plans to offer Cat-hulls. Sounds exciting to me!

Devin
www.wozencraftinsurance.com
Old 01-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Id say its a value thing over quality-

Do some searching here on OSO
One guy here has a posted pdf of a lawsuit over workmanship
Another siad they splash vs design,
Another guys said their "step hull" was a 2x4 in the mold.

Lots of controversy over this brand.

Uncle Dave

The Camrie family would be embarassed by this classless post.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is that so?

Originally Posted by swpr
The Camrie family would be embarassed by this classless post.
What makes you think you have the authority speak for the Camires?

I did not tell the poster to look at X or Y or "pimp" my pet brand whatsoever but told him to do some research.

Im not at all concerned about the information I forwarded to the poster affecting my relationship with the Camire family. (whom I have known for over 2 decades)

I posted this because I was participating in a thread about west coast boats here on OSO and there was discussion about Kachina and a lawsuit in PDF form was posted.

In this post I am simply repeating what was said and told by others most specifically the poster "Metal Bros Racing"

- I will however stand by my own personal comment I did author, and feel no reason to apologize to you Kachina or anyone else for it. - Regarding my personal experience with a Kachina boat model called the Labala (or something like that) - you can read about that in the prior post if you wish, I dont feel compelled to copy it here.

I chose not to forward that info because I'm not looking to trash anyone, but answer the posters question and tell him to do some reading.

By all means look up the posted info on the thread titled "West Coast 28-30ft" and take a look at the suit yourself.

Take a read on the lawsuit and various statements from former owners and you can come to your own conclusions. Better yet the guy looking at buying a new boat should as well.

- are you saying this is bad advice?

Instead of attacking me by pretending to suppose what others may or may not think of my posting-

What would your actual answer to the posters question be?

Im breathless with anticipation.

Uncle Dave
Old 01-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

Do you think your going to change my opinion of your lack of class? I posted what i wanted to say and have no more time for your anticipation.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

This is Wesley, General Manager of Kachina Boats. People are correct that there has been bashing in the past regarding our boats but there is always that one guy that you can never please. Check on any other boat manufacturer in the world and I guarantee you will find the same. We have been building and selling boats since 1963 so a couple of disgruntled customers isnt too darn bad if you ask me. Yes there are a lot of Kachinas on Havasu and other local lakes but that is wher the majority of people boat on the west coast. We have many boats in the ocean on the west and east coast. We are the only manufacturer that offers a 10 year hull warranty so we definately stand behind our product 100%!

Just remember that just because a boat has more of a realistic price tag doesnt meen that it is poorly built. Every manfactuers price is based on overhead and absolutely a certain level of profit that they are willing to accept. I can also guarantee that if you look at our standard equipment list, no one can touch us. We also offer full carbon fiber layups and carbon/kevlar hybrids. We are always custom so we build your boat the way you want it!

Please feel free to let me know if anyone has any questions and i will be more than happy to answer.

Wesley R. Metzger
You guys have taken a few hits reguarding quality on the OSO forum boards, and possible some other boards. Are those people/hits wrong?... or has there been some changes in quality standards at Kachina?

Really, I'm not trying to stir up crap here. Just asking.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

Default Big Surprise........

Originally Posted by swpr
Do you think your going to change my opinion of your lack of class? I posted what i wanted to say and have no more time for your anticipation.

Another "informative" post from SWPR.

Uncle Dave
Old 01-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered

Pass, I've had 2 so I am qualified to say this.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
What makes you think you have the authority speak for the Camires?

I did not tell the poster to look at X or Y or "pimp" my pet brand whatsoever but told him to do some research.

Im not at all concerned about the information I forwarded to the poster affecting my relationship with the Camire family. (whom I have known for over 2 decades)

I posted this because I was participating in a thread about west coast boats here on OSO and there was discussion about Kachina and a lawsuit in PDF form was posted.

In this post I am simply repeating what was said and told by others most specifically the poster "Metal Bros Racing"

- I will however stand by my own personal comment I did author, and feel no reason to apologize to you Kachina or anyone else for it. - Regarding my personal experience with a Kachina boat model called the Labala (or something like that) - you can read about that in the prior post if you wish, I dont feel compelled to copy it here.

I chose not to forward that info because I'm not looking to trash anyone, but answer the posters question and tell him to do some reading.

By all means look up the posted info on the thread titled "West Coast 28-30ft" and take a look at the suit yourself.

Take a read on the lawsuit and various statements from former owners and you can come to your own conclusions. Better yet the guy looking at buying a new boat should as well.

- are you saying this is bad advice?

Instead of attacking me by pretending to suppose what others may or may not think of my posting-

What would your actual answer to the posters question be?

Im breathless with anticipation.

Uncle Dave

Everyone always references our older boat models. We havent built a Labala in almost 10 years and those were 22.5 models. I am not even getting into the lawsuit deal or an argument with Ken because I think we can all agree that is a waste of time for everyone. All I am saying is that you should give our new boats a good look as I am 100% confident that they will speak for themselves. I also wonder if the majority of guys buying boats from other manufacturers actually know who is really building your boats. A lot of guys bash other companiesfor build quality and what they dont know is the guy that builds that boat you are bashing is actually building the other boat you are so in love with! We do everything from start to finish in house! As far as splashing vs design. I have personally been here for the entire build of our new 39' Patron and this boat is completely 100% hand built new design. We are 2 years in the development and have invested more money then I would like to admit. Once again, I have not come on these boards to start a pissing match either. I just wanted to let everyone know that regardless of pass bs on the boards we build a hell of a boat for a hell of a value and you should check them out for yourself. I also wanted to point out the fact that the majority of people that want to downplay our boats have never even seen one in person or had the opportunity to operate one themselves so how can they can they give the opinions they give????
Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered

I have a friend who has a 30. He has pounded and beaten on that boat for years and it still holds up to this day.

Are they for me? Maybe not, but I think they are a great boat for the money..
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered

Default Sounds Fair

Everyone always references our older boat models. We havent built a Labala in almost 10 years and those were 22.5 models. I am not even getting into the lawsuit deal or an argument with Ken because I think we can all agree that is a waste of time for everyone. All I am saying is that you should give our new boats a good look as I am 100% confident that they will speak for themselves. I also wonder if the majority of guys buying boats from other manufacturers actually know who is really building your boats. A lot of guys bash other companiesfor build quality and what they dont know is the guy that builds that boat you are bashing is actually building the other boat you are so in love with! We do everything from start to finish in house! As far as splashing vs design. I have personally been here for the entire build of our new 39' Patron and this boat is completely 100% hand built new design. We are 2 years in the development and have invested more money then I would like to admit. Once again, I have not come on these boards to start a pissing match either. I just wanted to let everyone know that regardless of pass bs on the boards we build a hell of a boat for a hell of a value and you should check them out for yourself. I also wanted to point out the fact that the majority of people that want to downplay our boats have never even seen one in person or had the opportunity to operate one themselves so how can they can they give the opinions they give????

Sounds Fair, and good to hear about the new design being yours.

Company management does change, and it is a legitimate request to give the "new team" a fair shake and that's not at all unreasonable.

A potential buyer should give you a look, - and check out everything he/she can, its their money they are spending and they should be informed as to what their options are.

As to discussing or judging a 10 year old boat, there are a couple of things to consider. Every manufacturer is accountable for every boat with their name on it, and in the cases of a purchased company sometimes you (a manufacturer) have to answer to problems with a boat you didn't even build!

As anyone who's bought a boat knows Boat "notes" are almost always 10 15 & 20 years in length- so most likely the last guy to buy a Labala is still making payments on it.

As much as it may be an "old model"-you still have to answer to it and cannot cry foul when facing criticism because it has your name on it. That's a hard reality for any vendor to live with for sure, but that's just "the way it is".

That said EVERY manufacturer has good and bad designs and we (and I do) hold them equally accountable.

I think you guys have stated a clean case to take a fresh look, and truly wish you well-

It does me as an American no good to ship our money employment and business to Sea-doo, or Yamaha when the business rightfully should stay in the US

Uncle Dave

Quick Reply: Kachina Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.