Like Tree0Likes

Whipple blower snout fix

Reply
Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 PM
  #61
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 View Post
I heard that is all you can get from the 5.0 is about 1350. One of our MTI buddies had a set of motors, he could not get enough power from the 5.0 so They put quad rotors and it made the difference. I was actually going to trade him my quad rotors for his 5.0s but I was told not to as they are only efficient up to 1350 HP. I have heard this serveral times. Some people swear the 5.0 put out more, some swear the quads are needed for over 1500 hp. I would love to know the correct answer. I read in Powerboat whipple now has a 10.0 for 1500 to 2000 hp. I would really like to know more about those.
There are some new blowers being built for drag racing and they will be available for marine with some mods, but these are massive units. You can find used R980 (9.8 liters with male driven rotor, 13 liter female driven) superchargers that will make another 50-100hp on your engines. You can pick up a decent one for $4000 and for another $1500, it can be all updated.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:10 PM
  #62
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Aren't you suppose to be sleeping, what the hell? A 16.6 liter quad huh, I'm working on that right now, but we all know Keith we'll be the first to ask if it's better than his 1471
Thats funny
Dustin your like a prize fighter,might get knock down but keep replying..All kidding aside thanks for all the information!!
Look out Im going to drive my female rotor 2!!

Last edited by HotPursuit; 01-15-2009 at 11:17 PM.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
  #63
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPursuit View Post
We beat this subject to death on a thread about how much power could be made on 93.I have always run hard and like to run out front.I will spend more money on power than bling,paint,flat screens,and whatever else you can stick on a hull now days. I just get tired of all the gps keyboard racing that happens on this site.I have run roots style blowers for 20 yrs and they have never failed me!!I have also broke just about every other part that couldn't be broken.
I have a hard time fixing what is not broke.My 1471s @ 16% overdriven turning 6200 on a 600 cuin BM head engine will make 12psi.My next step will be 20%.Might be old school but come summer we shall find out.Richie will have his race boat 39mti converted pleasure with merc 1200hp and AJ is getting his 5.0s pump up to 8.0s. We always race hard and dont really care about GPS readings.
That said we play in Copeland water and Jrs new cat will be running 4- 4,000 hp turbines in a 50 custom cat.Can you hear that phone call to Elton Porter,insure what. My wife thinks were over grown kids and after Katrina and 2008 stock market I will take it to the next level..Lifes to short play hard!!!
I will take it to the next level..Lifes to short play hard!!!
Very well said

ROCK THE PHUCH ON KIETH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-16-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: pic download
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:20 PM
  #64
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

Buy what you like.

Run what you like.

Use what you like.

Break it if you want.

Enjoy what you have.

The Whipple is an EXCELLENT product and I'm happy to be a member of the Whipple family. Thank you Dustin for a good product, good service and for hanging in here and sharing your knowledge.

P.S. What decibel level has Whipple obtained on 93 octane fuel?
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
  #65
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson,Az.
My Boats: skater 40
Posts: 911
Default

For all you roots blower fans,i have a set of 16-71 on my 42 outerlimits that i will sell for $2000. ea with snout and no pulleys.These are set up for carbs.PM me if interested soi can order the 8.3 s from dustin.
skater40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
  #66
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
BigSilverCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Joplin, Mo
My Boats: 2016 50' Skater Catamaran , 2003 41' Apache Cat, 2003 36' Cigarette Gladiator
Posts: 2,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dock Holiday View Post
Buy what you like.

Run what you like.

Use what you like.

Break it if you want.

Enjoy what you have.

The Whipple is an EXCELLENT product and I'm happy to be a member of the Whipple family. Thank you Dustin for a good product, good service and for hanging in here and sharing your knowledge.

P.S. What decibel level has Whipple obtained on 93 octane fuel?
I did not start this thread to have people fighting, all this was for was to let people know that if they have quad rotors and they have broke the snouts, or have not broke them but don't want to worry about them breaking, that we have a fix for slot of the known problems with them. We did not want the hassle of changing our setup, we like the quad rotors, we just don't want them to break. We were making the snouts anyway so we went ahead and made extras incase someone else wanted to keep running there quads and not have to worry about breaking snouts.
BigSilverCat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
  #67
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat View Post
I did not start this thread to have people fighting, all this was for was to let people know that if they have quad rotors and they have broke the snouts, or have not broke them but don't want to worry about them breaking, that we have a fix for slot of the known problems with them. We did not want the hassle of changing our setup, we like the quad rotors, we just don't want them to break. We were making the snouts anyway so we went ahead and made extras incase someone else wanted to keep running there quads and not have to worry about breaking snouts.
Again I think what you have done is great. Great idea and good solution as mentioned earlier.

I'm not fighting with anyone I just find it funny how a few always want to give Dustin a hard time when he knows his business and is successful at what he does.
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 PM
  #68
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40 View Post
For all you roots blower fans,i have a set of 16-71 on my 42 outerlimits that i will sell for $2000. ea with snout and no pulleys.These are set up for carbs.PM me if interested soi can order the 16.6 s from dustin.

soi can order the 16.6 s from dustin




P.M. sent Gary we want them
are these Littlefield or BDS ??

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-17-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelign
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:11 PM
  #69
Registered
 
JasonSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,333
Default

Can someone explain to me how to drive a female rotor? Not sexually, but can I drive the female rotor on my 2.3's for some more power?
All this smart guy talk has a dumb guy like me cornfused.
All I really want is to go faster than what I am now without having to spend a ton of money.
JasonSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 PM
  #70
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSmith View Post
Can someone explain to me how to drive a female rotor? Not sexually, but can I drive the female rotor on my 2.3's for some more power?
All this smart guy talk has a dumb guy like me cornfused.
All I really want is to go faster than what I am now without having to spend a ton of money.
It does not make anymore power, and your already driving the female rotor on the 2.3. It makes the same power, just different INPUT speed. So, if you want to run the male rotor, you'll have to run your motor in the oppisite direction (otherwise SC sucks air out of engine because rotors are going wrong direction) and will have to spin the compressor 66% faster to get the same airflow as you have now because it would only be a 1.38liter.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Strip Poker 388
General Boating Discussion
18
05-28-2007 10:14 PM
29scarab
General Q & A
4
08-28-2006 06:19 PM
29scarab
General Q & A
11
07-21-2006 01:33 PM
Swede
General Q & A
23
10-07-2004 12:55 PM
HPJunkie
General Q & A
3
03-01-2004 07:57 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.