Notices

Whipple blower snout fix

Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Try making 1500hp with your good ol' 1071, 18psi of boost, on 110 octane with comparble parts to the Sterling motors. Oh thats, right, it can't do it unless you inject 250hp shot of nitrous!

Then try running 18psi for 5 minutes at 15,000rpm input shaft speed with no methanol going through it. Oh thats right, would have to open clearances so much, you'd be hard pressed to get 18psi and lord knows you wouldn't have anywhere near the power.
LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN, where did you come up with me making 1500hp out of a 1071, I never said that, everyone knows you need a 1471 or a PSI or if you want REAL POWER TURBINES on home heating oil, I think I know why they stopped selling you blowers over sea's ITS YOU and with all the reading on hear you always calling everyone else's blowers chit is the reason I went with my 1071 and others who have done the same thing , please don't reply I am not interested in you putting down a product that doesn't break shafts like YOURS and you keep it a secret
Old 01-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=AIR TIME;2780761]LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN, where did you come up with me making 1500hp out of a 1071, I never said that, everyone knows you need a 1471 or a PSI or if you want REAL POWER TURBINES on home heating oil:, I think I know why they stopped selling you blowers over sea's ITS YOU and with all the reading on hear you always calling everyone else's blowers chit is the reason I went with my 1071 and others who have done the same thing , please don't reply I am not interested in you putting down a product that doesn't break shafts like YOURS and you keep it a secret:

Holy Chit Air Time are we a lil tense with inigarall ball ??? Easy BIG Daddy gunna blow a gasket
Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN, where did you come up with me making 1500hp out of a 1071, I never said that, everyone knows you need a 1471 or a PSI or if you want REAL POWER TURBINES on home heating oil, I think I know why they stopped selling you blowers over sea's ITS YOU and with all the reading on hear you always calling everyone else's blowers chit is the reason I went with my 1071 and others who have done the same thing, please don't reply I am not interested in you putting down a product that doesn't break shafts like YOURS and you keep it a secret
Artie you better check your meds buddy I think you are taking too many again.

I hope you got some good news from the doctor.

Hey don't be giving Whipple a hard time he builds a fine product. From what I can tell he can back his opinion up with facts.

Where's that carpet sample you promised me?

Take care Dock
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
working on it samples, but this guy just bugs me sometimes, all I here is how good his stuff is and if someone buys or has a non whipple there a dick and you can't make 1500 hp out of a 1071, I never asked or said I was going to make 1500 and out of the blue this guy brings up this bull**** HAH that pisses me off and yes no pills but some beer. but I just don't like the way he treats people on here who have a fine blower shop or other blower. I can go back to his summer when I talked about my blower and out of the blue he can in on the thread roots blowers suck and then I see a lot of people have troubles with the twin set up , I would go NUTS if I spent 10 to 12000 grand the shafts break common thing so just put up another grand for new ones. so I hope the next time I post about my build he stay away I don't care what the peanut gallery thinks , I don't like whipple or what ever they were before, that post I just got pissed I did say what I was building all I said was wow broken shafts glad I went with a 1071 and he starts with hey airtime you can't build 1500 blah bla blah what does he take. so thats it from me I am happy with my lil 1071 that will only make 1050hp on 93oct thats 200 more than what I was looking for, I only have a lil baja. who knows I just might keep the 670hp in the boat and hook up the 572 in my living room with the headers going out the fireplace lots of room in a 24 x 27 room with a 10ft by 6 ft window center it in then you can say I went nuts Doc I had a designer that wanted to look at them plus the boat show in boston I might bring them in I'll call yeh.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 01-19-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Dusty where is the info/specs on the 8.3s ????? On the Whipple website i cant find anything ...Let me know where to find it ...Bill P did alot of explaining this afternoon but still checkin things out
I'm not sure who your refering to, because clearly, my name is Dustin. Here's a link: http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1162

Dustin
Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Again I think what you have done is great. Great idea and good solution as mentioned earlier.

I'm not fighting with anyone I just find it funny how a few always want to give Dustin a hard time when he knows his business and is successful at what he does.
He bashes others products period.............

Do a search and read.

If I were to go back to pistons
My choices would be The R980 or the PSI.
All the others are toys.

Just my worthless opinion.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN, where did you come up with me making 1500hp out of a 1071, I never said that, everyone knows you need a 1471 or a PSI or if you want REAL POWER TURBINES on home heating oil, I think I know why they stopped selling you blowers over sea's ITS YOU and with all the reading on hear you always calling everyone else's blowers chit is the reason I went with my 1071 and others who have done the same thing , please don't reply I am not interested in you putting down a product that doesn't break shafts like YOURS and you keep it a secret
No one did, but the simple fact is, going to higher power levels is harder on parts. One saying the 1071 is fine, is great, they do there part, excellent power adders for the $$, nobody has a problem with that, but you can't compare reliability of a part at 1200hp as 1500hp. Kudo's to you, you've purchased 1071's and your happy with them, I've never knocked that. Did you give up potential HP, YES, did you save money, PROBABLY.

Next, nobody is calling other blowers pieces of shi*, it's pretty simple logic and has been proven countless times what the capabilities are of each supercharger type. Each SC has it's best market and purpose. I've given real information and have always stated the truth. If you bought a 1071 because you don't like my information, then thats great, nobody has a problem with that.

They stopped selling us blowers? Really, is that the story? You really need to do some research.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
We beat this subject to death on a thread about how much power could be made on 93.I have always run hard and like to run out front.I will spend more money on power than bling,paint,flat screens,and whatever else you can stick on a hull now days. I just get tired of all the gps keyboard racing that happens on this site.I have run roots style blowers for 20 yrs and they have never failed me!!I have also broke just about every other part that couldn't be broken.
I have a hard time fixing what is not broke.My 1471s @ 16% overdriven turning 6200 on a 600 cuin BM head engine will make 12psi.My next step will be 20%.Might be old school but come summer we shall find out.Richie will have his race boat 39mti converted pleasure with merc 1200hp and AJ is getting his 5.0s pump up to 8.0s. We always race hard and dont really care about GPS readings.
That said we play in Copeland water and Jrs new cat will be running 4- 4,000 hp turbines in a 50 custom cat.Can you hear that phone call to Elton Porter,insure what. My wife thinks were over grown kids and after Katrina and 2008 stock market I will take it to the next level..Lifes to short play hard!!!
FuKN AYE Keith!

Always liked your OUTLOOK!

Enjoy Brother and keep the Shiny side up!

Gerry
Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
I'm not sure who your refering to, because clearly, my name is Dustin. Here's a link: http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1162

Dustin

OH DUH ..... I do think i can find the Link/site only problem is this is all i could pull up on the whole site about the 8.3 .. whats up ??or is there a page im missin , or under construction ????

W510AX 8.3 Liter/rev 11,000 12,000 3462 5882 30 98 77 510AX
W510R 8.3 Liter/rev 11,000 12,000 3250 5522 30 93 75 510R

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-19-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 01-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
He bashes others products period.............

Do a search and read.

If I were to go back to pistons
My choices would be The R980 or the PSI.
All the others are toys.

Just my worthless opinion.

Actually, not bashing, giving real world info. I've never said someone's product sucks. I've given people the info they need to know about a given product from some of my experiences. Sometimes this saves people from making mistakes and saving money, sometimes it helps them make better decisions, sometimes it does nothing.

Quick Reply: Whipple blower snout fix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.