Like Tree0Likes

196 MPH on Gps Bacardi Silver!!

Reply
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NJ, PA
Posts: 1,132
Default

yes but was that record set with 6s and no rudder? would this make a diff?
TOASTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM
  #22
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default

Byrds 46 went 190.The bacardi boat 36 Skater holds the piston record at 202.I have heard claims that it went 213.Maybe someone will chime in.
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:43 PM
  #23
Registered
 
KNOT-RIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Providence,RI
My Boats: Turbine 46 Skater
Posts: 3,172
Default

I wonder if the piston guys use PSI,s to get the hp to push these sleds to these speeds.
KNOT-RIGHT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
  #24
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NJ, PA
Posts: 1,132
Default

hope you knock it. be safe good luck my $$ is on crazy byrd and the rest of the crew who actually know how to dial and tune...
TOASTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:21 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LOTO 19MM DOCK C
My Boats: looking again
Posts: 39
Default

Callan ran 208 at loto shotout in 2006
catman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 PM
  #26
Registered
 
flight club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: METRO BEACH, MICHIGAN
My Boats: SKATER
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF View Post
Byrds 46 went 190.The bacardi boat 36 Skater holds the piston record at 202.I have heard claims that it went 213.Maybe someone will chime in.
when i bought the boat from dave, the gps fastest speed said 213, you will have to talk to dave on that one.
flight club is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 PM
  #27
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto Ontario
My Boats: 28 Pantera
Posts: 661
Default

who owns the bacardi boat?

Who was in it when it ran those #'s
ar15meister is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
  #28
KiloKat
VIP Member
 
KiloKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Edwardsville, IL
My Boats: Fast Cats
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight club View Post
when i bought the boat from dave, the gps fastest speed said 213, you will have to talk to dave on that one.
Ron, what most people don't realize about JT and my official kilo speed of 202.907 mph is that is the speed we averaged for one kilometer - not the top speed obtained by the boat during the run. Others, including Dave Callan & John Cosker, have attempted to beat this average speed but none have to date. As Cosker will tell you about their kilo attempt in Sarasota, varying wind and water conditions can have a dramatic effect on any boat while trying to maintain speeds above 200.
KiloKat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:59 PM
  #29
Enjoy the show
VIP Member
 
Ron P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Joisey Shore
Posts: 10,353
Default

I think it's time for an official Kilo run. We'll have to work on that one.

Dave, where was that 202 video taken? Nice calm water, with a slight turn, just to make it interesting.
Ron P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:16 PM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami fla.
My Boats: Avance
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat View Post
Ron, what most people don't realize about JT and my official kilo speed of 202.907 mph is that is the speed we averaged for one kilometer - not the top speed obtained by the boat during the run. Others, including Dave Callan & John Cosker, have attempted to beat this average speed but none have to date. As Cosker will tell you about their kilo attempt in Sarasota, varying wind and water conditions can have a dramatic effect on any boat while trying to maintain speeds above 200.
Dave you have an increditable team and have done some real nice numbers.....Hope to see you guys this year racing......
lowblue320 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Phantom1
Super Boat International
4
07-20-2006 07:58 PM
FREEZE FRAME VIDEO
General Boating Discussion
25
06-19-2003 09:27 PM
cowisl
General Boating Discussion
14
04-16-2003 07:27 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.