Notices

300hp Outboards

Old 01-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The 300XS motors are awesome and great on gas. I do have a pair of 300 Promaxs for sale. They look like new and are $18,000 for the pair. Gearcases are included, but not in these pics. They are 1998-1999. I also can sell you new 300xs motors. Verados are fishboat motors. Depends on what boat you have.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The 300XS motors on my 30 liberator run 97 mph and still get almost 3 mpg at 55 mph.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I aways like the way that boat looks but do you think if you ran 3 350 verados it would be faster? Right now per Merc specs. you have 1000 hp and 2010# or 3 350's 1050 hp 2001# plus you must carry what 20 gal. of oil in it right?

Either way the boats bad a$$ and a boat like that would do good with 2 or 4 stroke power.

And I am with you on the way you like the sound, I myself like the big block V8 but on the CC I am going to buy would perfer it to be very mellow like the Verado other 4 strokes just sound like an engine.

So this means that with less legs in the water means less drag even which means more speed even though there is next to no difference in pony's?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonnycrockett
So this means that with less legs in the water means less drag even which means more speed even though there is next to no difference in pony's?
With most stern drives it is, thats what I was asking about the outboards. I will be getting a (fish boat ) but not for fishing but I geuss if you buy a 35-40 CC it's a fish boat.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I'm not trying to be a smart as$ just wondering if 3 would be better. I am not an OB guy yet but I am getting a CC most likely with 2-3 verados.

I know if you took a boat like a 42 OL and put 3 525's with bravos then the same boat with 850's and # 6's the hp and lbs. is close to the same but the 850 boat is faster, the props are in cleaner water and a better balance to the boat. With outboards they don't have as much tq. so the props are smaller so does having 3 4 or even 5 just keep getting faster or is it better to run fewer and more hp.

Better for???????? I didn't put four on for practicality, I could have stayed with twins and it would have been a 60 mph boat.

There is a reason for four it's got nothing to do with speed or economy.

For me its all about the shock factor , having something differnent and unique that no else has and keeping the heritgae of the Miami Vice days and Midnight's alve!!

The US Customs uses quads offshore for reliablity. It's not likely four will break down. It is likley that one or even two no matter how advanced the equipment is, the sea is a harsh place. When your 50-90 miles offshore especially in the gulf you want to have every advantage you can...coming home is a big one. I have broken down with having one engine limping back home 70 miles out in heavy seas got home at night fall........it was not fun.

Smugglers used..uses them for the same reason........the more the better.......no I am not a smuggler nor do I advocate any form of smuggling ( look at my OSO name should tell you a little about me).

Triples for a large center console that you are using offshore for fishing are perfect.

With this its not about top speed, its about reliablity and fuel economy and maintaining a fast cruise speed.

My 37 Midnight CC with triple optis (TOP LEFT PICTURE WITH BLACK RADAR ARCH AND BIMINI) that I sold cruised at 40mph in any ..any sea condition and would top out at 60mph. Perfect for what is was made for. (used to have quads on it it was a smuggler with 1,000 gallon fuel cap.)

A guy in Florida with same style Midnight switched out his 225 efis for4 new verado fourstrokes and couldnt match the speed of the old efis nor could he ge it out of the hole. TOO HEAVY....... but this boat was made with a O/B bracket.

The new Midnights , Ventures etc.....have integerated plattforms and they can carry the weight of the 4 strokes.

I still argue that the lighter two strokes would still be faster any day, still provide better economy and less maintaince hands down. Quieter maybe not but not by much. I am boring 2" holes in my mids to let out the exhaust above water!! OLD SKOOL
Attached Thumbnails 300hp Outboards-oc-race-6-bouys-large-.jpg   300hp Outboards-aronow-outboard-2-.jpg   300hp Outboards-homeland-midnights.jpg  

Old 01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

Here ya go lapseofreason ..........your in heaven 5 VERADOS
reportedly mid 90's.

In all serousness the new Merc 300 opti (2 stroke) is made for performance boating, it will out perfrom the veardo on any boat, but its under Merc racing products. Mercury racing.com

It may not be right for your application.

Look at the Southern Kingfish Association site.

Them boys got nothing but big center consoles with trip 2strokes and they fish every day.

But the VErado maybe right for you.......again I was impressed with my buddies 35 latitude CC. I took it through Govt cut inMiami and I was flying offshore at 70 mph with twins.Had a lot of mid range torque, just felt like a 4stoke
Attached Thumbnails 300hp Outboards-midnight-madness-3.jpg   300hp Outboards-midnight-amphbian-4-a12.jpg  

Last edited by Enforcer2; 01-30-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
reportedly mid 90's.

In all serousness the new Merc 300 opti (2 stroke) is made for performance boating, it will out perfrom the veardo on any boat, but its under Merc racing products. Mercury racing.com

Them boys got nothing but big center consoles with trip 2strokes and they fish every day.

But the VErado maybe right for you.......again I was impressed with my buddies 35 latitude CC. I took it through Govt cut inMiami and I was flying offshore at 70 mph with twins.Had a lot of mid range torque, just felt like a 4stoke
I have been waiting for the real #'s on this boat to come out. Joe at Midnight was telling me last year to wait till I see what he as coming and that was the boat. As I said I am not a huge OB guy I have a little skiff with a 30 hp on it but thats it, my next boat a CC will be my first real OB boat. I don't fish I just want a smooth mellow ride for everyday use. I am in the Motorcycle biz and the 4 strokes took over in every way about 4-5 years ago so I geuss the OB just hasnt yet. All the good jetskis and jet boats are all SC 4 strokes all thanks to the EPA.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

Yep the EPA but the etecs and optis comply.

Joe and I speak once in a whille, yuo should call him.
That boat I believe does 95MPH.

I put a video up of the interview with Harris at the Miami Boat show.

Its under the video forum.

So I guess youre not a HAYBUSA type guy...I pegged u for a road king type..I could be wrong.

And thats kinda the reference I am trying to make between 2 and 4 strokes.......not that theres anything wrong with either.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:28 PM

3 X 350

Attached Thumbnails 300hp Outboards-2009outlaw-015.jpg  
Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
reportedly mid 90's.

I've also got some upgrades for the Verado's, as well as the 250 and 300xs motors.

Quick Reply: 300hp Outboards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.