300hp Outboards

Old 01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out www.thehulltruth.com
Old 01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope I work on Jap. bikes, I do a ton of Busa's doing 2 zx 14's right now. I hate the fat tire kits on sport bikes because it kills the handling but I still do at least 1 a month. I do a lot of motor work and dyno tunning. I am a road racer (at a real track not the street) I feel right at home with my knee on the ground at 100 mph and I play in the dirt with my kids and friends. I do some Harley Custom work mostly just dyno work not a Harley fan they are a dated motor I like to keep up on the new stuff. I have had a few but the bikes like the Road Star from Yamaha are a great bike to do custom work on I have done 3 that the customers put a ton of cash into and they win or get 2nd in every show they enter they dont cost as much either.

Joe would love to sell me that boat but I am looking for a lightly used CC, I dont want to spend more than 150 and would rather spend around 100. I dont need it to be the fastest thing mid 60's is fine. I am gonna buy a ZRC for my speed fix.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
2 Strokes are way more thirsty than a 4 stroke and the reason for for more outboards being sold is that the consumer is educated and they know a better product when they see it. Yes some older boats would need work for the extra # and some hulls just wouldn't be right, motor to motor the 4 stroke is better. Just look at MX bikes the 4 stroke rules unless you are one of the stunt guys that needs a motor that is easy to flip upside down because of less rotating mass. The 4 stroke is so much better they even changed the rules to run the 250 2 stroke with the 250 4 stroke and they still cant win. 2 strokes are a thing of the past and in a few more years the 4 stroke will be even lighter then there wont be any reason to buy a 2 stroke unless the person just wont change.

On top of it all the 2 stroke is loud and smells and you have the messy oil tanks, look into the bilge of an older 2 stroke.

Two strokes have a better power to weight ratio period. I would take a 300 Opti over a 350 yami any day. I know those motors are overweight cows. I would put them on the bigger Intrepids, Contenders ect.. Not anything that you would expect to get any speed from...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

I never said a thing about a Yamaha 350, we are not moving barges. And know they do NOT have a better power to weight ratio period. Maybe in the Highest output outboards but not in the motorcycle world.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

But the 350 Verado would be the go if it is light and has that much of a power diff?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Here ya go lapseofreason ..........your in heaven 5 VERADOS
reportedly mid 90's.

In all serousness the new Merc 300 opti (2 stroke) is made for performance boating, it will out perfrom the veardo on any boat, but its under Merc racing products. Mercury racing.com

It may not be right for your application.

Look at the Southern Kingfish Association site.

Them boys got nothing but big center consoles with trip 2strokes and they fish every day.

But the VErado maybe right for you.......again I was impressed with my buddies 35 latitude CC. I took it through Govt cut inMiami and I was flying offshore at 70 mph with twins.Had a lot of mid range torque, just felt like a 4stoke

who the hell owns that!
What length and ME model is it?
they dont come stock like that?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

Midnight Express is a custom builder, thats a 37 I dont think their 39 is wide enough for 5 motors. They will build it any way you want. There is no stock Midnight.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered

300XS are Great! I burn 28-30 gph going 90mph in my 28 Skater.Its hard to beat that!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
2 Strokes are way more thirsty than a 4 stroke
On top of it all the 2 stroke is loud and smells
Your above statements are true for conventional two stroke technology, but for modern 2 stroke direct injected outboards such as Mercury Optimax, I don't agree with you. Mercury Optimax outboards are very fuel efficient and are pretty close with 4 strokes, sometimes even more fuel efficient. No smell either.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Registered

Yes DI is great I took 2 see doo's home one weekend when we had a party at my house and 1 was a di the other carbs , same ski and motor, we ran them both all day and we were looking for a fuel leak on the one with carbs it was like 3 to 1 on gas.

Merc. still list the 2 strokes as using more gas than the 4 stroke but not near as bad as it was. They still get gas twice as much.

Quick Reply: 300hp Outboards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.