Notices

Another Cig wreck

Old 02-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens if the engine dies in a turn at speed?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Have you ever stoped to think that if you can't slow down while turning then its a huge safety problem and a design flaw. After all, should you have to turn to avoid another boat......and slow down........ your SOL. You couldn't pay me to put my family in that boat.
Ok, we won't pay you
Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by DORaymond
What happens if the engine dies in a turn at speed?
That was going to be next post

Ya'll think Don Aronow would of let a boat out the door like that? Steps have been around since the 70's........
Old 02-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

they chopped the throttles, boat started to slid out in the asssss end, caught, high sided and tossed um. the characteristics of stepped bottomed boats are the same as my 911 and any other rear engined car...DO NOT DECELERATE IN A CORNER OR ELSE !! hadda learn to drive my 911 all over after having corvettes...with the 911 the harder ya accelerate the better it sticks...such a shame was definately a gorgeous baot HOPE ALL ARE OK
Old 02-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

You guys act like Cigs are the only ones that roll or hook I've seen pics of most every twin stepped hull boat manufactured that have rolled or hooked at one time or another.

When you fly a plane, you're aware of the stall affect right? Doesn't mean its a safety issue.

When you drive a twin turbo'd porsche and nail it into a turn theres a chance of spinning the car due to the turbo lag. Doesn't mean it's a saftey issues.

Motorcycles run 200+ mph...Doesn't mean you're going to go into a turn at that speed right?

There's waaaaaaaaay more twin step boat owners that have never had a problem and run their sh!t hard, than those that have flipped, rolled or hooked. Learn how to opporate your equipment and you'll be fine.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the same video that has been posted 3 times now... The only difference is that the title says "Russian". This happened in Varna Bulgaria. In the background they are speaking Bulgarian... not Russian.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh it's a good day for the step hull vultures.

Pesky Varmint
Step hull owner (rolled the first one).
Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
You guys act like Cigs are the only ones that roll or hook I've seen pics of most every twin stepped hull boat manufactured that have rolled or hooked at one time or another. .......................

There's waaaaaaaaay more twin step boat owners that have never had a problem and run their sh!t hard, than those that have flipped, rolled or hooked. Learn how to opporate your equipment and you'll be fine.

Well put, every time something happens someone jumps right on the box and starts the brand / design bashing. More often than not the incident is more related to stupidity than design. And more times than not these "incidents" also tend to happen in a race situation, where folks that chit has been going on forever, it's part of the game. If someone doesn't want a step design simply don't buy one. If you do decide to buy one then learn to drive it the way it was designed to be driven. Pretty simple in my mind.

No offense, but being a die hard Fountain owner it is somewhat of a relief to see another brand catching it for a change.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 02-19-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
That was going to be next post

Ya'll think Don Aronow would of let a boat out the door like that? Steps have been around since the 70's........
Way earlier then that. My dad had on in the late 60's . Steps were aound back in the 50's. FYI
Old 02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

But seriously. The step design, CIg. OL. Hustler, Fountains, AT. NT. Sunsation. etc.. etc. is not the problem. With the high "X" dim. and power, many "owners" has no clue how to drive them. It's not a design flaw. It's drivers with deep pockets, bigger egos and driving/handling ignorance is the problem.

Quick Reply: Another Cig wreck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.