Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? >

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Notices

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomnfun
I was thinking about this again, I want to see a pic of the guy who bolted those motors in the crates with ONE BOLT???
Dont know who it was and have'nt been told , was suppose to have a 3 way phone conversatin monday morn and never happened I was told U know how employees are and we were in a hurry ..
so are flywheel bolts left out if your in a hurry? are rod bolts left out if your in a hurry ??? I dont know not a engine bldr but has me worried and if i had 1 wish it would be the motors were still in the boat and never pulled in Oct

Gary K wrong parts again showed yesterday , Have a call into Bill now may be a good time to bolt your dry sumps on move forward .....
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Bill, after talking to you yesterday about this problem, I can clearly see the whole picture. What everybody else on here does'nt know, is all the other B/S that went along with it. If I were you, I'd tell the whole story from the beginning, and then let everyone make their own presumption on what THEY would do if they were in your situation. That story would take pages of typing, and most probably put an end to a certain shop for their methods of conducting business. Pretty phuckin sad if ya ask me, when ya pay TOP dollar for work done, get hit with additional charges that were never discussed even after they're paid, to get charged extra for mistakes that the builder made in their quotes.

I gotta hand it to ya, had half of this $hit happened to me that you went through, I'd a been on a road trip out west, and by now, Lois would've been calling you for bail money. You got WAY, WAY more patients than I've got.

I talked to Bob this morning at your shop, left ya a message on the cell, give me a shout back, got some good news for ya.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep thinking of where someone posted about having a similar situation and got on a plane to go straighten it out for their client. And let face it at this level of MONEY people are clients not customers. A customer buys a beef for lunch, a client spends big $$$ and has a certain expectation of service and proper follow up if there is an issue. This deal failed on many levels if held to that standard... and is still failing as we type.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Dont know who it was and have'nt been told , was suppose to have a 3 way phone conversatin monday morn and never happened I was told U know how employees are and we were in a hurry ..
so are flywheel bolts left out if your in a hurry? are rod bolts left out if your in a hurry ??? I dont know not a engine bldr but has me worried and if i had 1 wish it would be the motors were still in the boat and never pulled in Oct

Gary K wrong parts again showed yesterday , Have a call into Bill now may be a good time to bolt your dry sumps on move forward .....
Come on bro.......

I agree shipping the motor with one bolt was wrong, I would be pissed too. And your right, Larry is responsible for his employees. Whoever did it made a mistake, plain and simple, but they are making it right.

I'm sorry KE shipped you the wrong parts.

But please don't come on here and say things like "I wonder if there are rod bolts missing too" Those are rock solid motors, 110% better than what they were. You brought them tired, mismatched motors, that you were not happy with......so please don't say you should have left them in there. I don't think you would be happy with a boat that didn't break 140....

I recommended them to you because they are one of the best at setting up what you have, a Skater that now has big power.

I'm sorry the shipping problem happened, but they are making it right. Be patient, put the motors in, and get ready to enjoy a 160+ Skater.....

Erik
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
Come on bro.......

I agree shipping the motor with one bolt was wrong, I would be pissed too. And your right, Larry is responsible for his employees. Whoever did it made a mistake, plain and simple, but they are making it right.

I'm sorry KE shipped you the wrong parts.

But please don't come on here and say things like "I wonder if there are rod bolts missing too" Those are rock solid motors, 110% better than what they were. You brought them tired, mismatched motors, that you were not happy with......so please don't say you should have left them in there. I don't think you would be happy with a boat that didn't break 140....

I recommended them to you because they are one of the best at setting up what you have, a Skater that now has big power.

I'm sorry the shipping problem happened, but they are making it right. Be patient, put the motors in, and get ready to enjoy a 160+ Skater.....

Erik
ERIK its all C@@L , and Thank you for your support , pics, and vids

And a HUGE thank you to KEITH E trying to get me squared away sending me parts and overnite shipping and has'nt charged a penny and wont let me pay him ..
Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=40FlatDeck;2809059]Come on bro.......

Just for the record Bro , Tired ???? NOPE they leaked down was 8%-12% not bad, mismatched ??? help me out Brutha,needed a valve job ?? ABSOLUTELY .... had 7.5-1 compression and nitrous pistons Yes a little light on power but was reliable and goof proof So 300 horse was'nt magik it was a combination with the ICE INJECTION SYSTEM ,pump gas, some boost, and low egts ... and was paid for out of my bank account that i dont have a prob with

thanks again ERIK see ya at DESERT STORM , dont sound like we'll be havin cocktails,

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-26-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=daredevil;2809052]VERY SAD ,,,isn't it,,,,and then some engine gurus think we are full of $hit and they are the $hit.

Easy there TIGER not all like that , and i never implied that ...

At this point i give 2 chits about the motor , some monies and havin the parts cnc'd/made /aluminum welded and all that crap ... However to tell me im dreaming ,my wifes a LIAR without even confronting the other employee, and being told your sons are not allowed to call LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE anymore with Tech questions that motors were built for you ( BILL) not your sons even though they are dressing and re-installing them .... That i feel is so WRONG
PHUCH IT IM DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEACE OUT
Attached Thumbnails Motor Damage During Shipping ??????-effed-oil-motor.jpg   Motor Damage During Shipping ??????-greeny-green-047.jpg  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-26-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

To funny... Reminds me of a problem I had awhile back.

I bought a restaurant franchise and had a ton of problems with recieving what I paid for. I had a partner but I'm the one that got things done. So I was the one always calling and *****ing. They sent a letter to my partner saying that I was no longer alowed to call there. In my opinion they only wanted someone to call to pay a bill or tell them how good they are. Beyond that there policy was please don't call anymore.

So as time went I bought out my partner, changed the name, and told the franchise to go **** themselves. They said I have a contract. I reminded them that I was not allowed to call corporate. Then I said better yet I'm willing to spend a millionnnnnnnn dollars to make sure you don't make a penny off me, never heard from them again... Later found out they went out of biz.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

This whole thread/topic has been very interesting. I had a 2 hour conversation with Bill on Tuesday and he bent my ear about all the details of his dealings with the engine builder in Tucson. In my opinion, Bill has been nothing but a gentleman throughout this whole process. I have yet to hear any statements from Larry's Engine & Marine to contradict any of Bill's statements/concerns. Until then I have no reason but to believe everything that Bill has told me. Bill has not posted anywhere near all the "dealings" he had on this motor build/shipment. My advice, Bill, post all the details and let Larry respond.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

The engine looks great but the shipping stand that they made for it leaves a lot to be desired.

Quick Reply: Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.