Notices

Engine Builder Beware

Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Nmocean
A good screwing from another engine builder JTM machine from Ohio. Had to get into a fresh engine that was done by them and dyno'ed that was leaking oil out of it on the stand. I found loose valve cover bolts, a 1/2 a$$ install of the oil cooler and lines (all were loose) I also found three different brands of head bolts installed on the motor what a magnificent piece of workmanship. I wouln't trust them with a leaf blower motor better yet one for my model airplane.
Wow that is wild. What did they charge? What kind of engine?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Brain surgery or Proctology !

Keep telling OSO'ers to keep their MARINE HIGH PERFORMANCE engine building with the real reputable marine engine builders and stay away from these machine shops that dabble and dribble in marine engine disasters ! When you need brain surgery you don't go to a proctologist !, they are both doctors , but that's where the similarity ends !

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Builder Beware "MYSTERY CUSTOMER"

That's BULL****! That motor would have never left my shop in that condition. My policies are to back all of my work. Why didn't you call me if you had issues. My question...If you didn't contact me, Do you still owe me money??? Bring ANY ENGINE YOU CAN BUILD...I'll meet you at the lake, river, ocean...whatever! I don't recall your customer status.

Thank you!

Call me if you have any questions.
JTM Marine
Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

The best part is the idiots that will start chiming in and start bashing u for making these claims saying "those guys never did me wrong", "they're the best". WTF. That sux. Nothing worse than spending money for nothing. Very, very legit reasons for being PO'd. Go in there with a gun and tell them to make it right.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been there myself...... Goodluck getting it 100%.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Post some pictures of the motor with the parts. We would like to see them.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Registered

I think there is always two sides to the story, Yes there are a alot of fly by night builders out there. Then there are guys that want horse power cheap (like me) cant blame the builder if you opt to reuse something and it fails later is it the engine builders fault? Why do you think mercruiser rebuilts are $20,000 plus? H@ll they change the valve covers on there rebuilds.

I met Jtm at the islmarado poker run and he seemed like a stand up guy. I think we should hear his story. I also think He would have been the first person I called to make it right if no effort is made to remedy the problem then defiantly would be black eye material.
Dont bother trying to sue more headache then its worth been there. Sometimes shady characters need taught a lesson or they'll keep on doing it. Remember dark place no witness.

Last edited by 89scarabIII; 04-25-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
I think there is always two sides to the story, Yes there are a alot of fly by night builders out there. Then there are guys that want horse power cheap (like me) cant blame the builder if you opt to reuse something and it fails later is it the engine builders fault? Why do you think mercruiser rebuilts are $20,000 plus? H@ll they change the valve covers on there rebuilds.
I understand what you're saying, however if the customer request will compromise the integrity of the engine then I would expect the builder to decline the job. I do it once in a while, I'm in construction/remodeling and if the customer wants something that I consider to be a compromise with future negative ramifications then I'll not do the job. It's not worth the headaches for myself and the customer down the road. I'm not saying this happened here, I have no idea, just a general response to your comment.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

With a builder like DEAN GELLNER in that area of ohio, he would be the 1st guy to get a price from plus he is on here and the other sites, thats why I spent 5 hundred to ship the unassembled 572 blower to him instead of bring it here for my old builder, I felt DEAN is one of the honest and better builders in the country. plus the sister motor to mine blew up with 5 to 10 hours on it, that came from a well known NJ builder. Dean had to re machine the block ,heads and told me THAT THE OIL PAN WAS TO SMALL for what I wanted for power with the big blower so I needed a lil time to get the other pan and he was cool about that. and he will run your boat to tune it like a few other builders . but my builder would not do that here he would not put the marine chit on either so ,I am glad I meet DEAN two or three years ago on oso he is my ENGINE GOD. thank you Dean for being you a great builder and person.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Raylar
Keep telling OSO'ers to keep their MARINE HIGH PERFORMANCE engine building with the real reputable marine engine builders and stay away from these machine shops that dabble and dribble in marine engine disasters ! When you need brain surgery you don't go to a proctologist !, they are both doctors , but that's where the similarity ends !

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
RAY your 100% right and you have a nice package for the 496 motors, anyone I see with them the 496 hos I tellum to check your upgrades out

Quick Reply: Engine Builder Beware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.