Notices

Engine Builder Beware

Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default web site bull sh1t

i have not yet had the oppertunity to get screwed over by anybody in the marine industry. so i can't say i feel your pain, but being in the construction industry my reputation is everything. that being said...

1. why give anybody a boat load of money without checking in with some past clients.
2. if some one had a problem with some work done, why wouldn't you call them up and talk to them first. (instead of getting on OSO and bashing there rep)

so, with that being said how do we know that this guy isn't full of sh!t. maybe the boat owner was a royal pain in the a$$ during the build, and the guy wouldn't be his friend after the motors were done.

I guess my point here is that anybody that may have had there feeling hurt or didn't have there ego stroked can have hard feelings about things and get on OSO and start bashing.

WITH OUT PHOTOS OR VIDEO THIS CLAIM COULD BE TOTAL BULL SH!T.

just my 2 cents
Old 04-26-2009, 06:54 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My question is why didn't anybody respond to the engine builder's post #13.....all of sudden I hear crickets chirping...... The fact is you can please some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time but never ever all the people all the time!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

It was not my engines and I don't have to provide pictures or videos, we don't have any anyhow, we just fixed all the problems ourselves and we did it right. I just know what I found and I think people should know. If it would of been mine there would of been legal action. I would hate to see somebody else get screwed like so many others in the boat industry. I really like the challenge of meeting us anywhere anytime. I will say no more.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know when I have something done and they make obvious and stupid mistakes, I lose my faith in their ability to do it right and I don't want to take it back to them to fix.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Hold on a second. I don't know JTM or you, but if they aren't your engines, maybe you jumped the gun with your bashing. Before you go after someone's reputation and livlihood, you need to have your facts straight. Did you see the receipts? the dyno sheets? Maybe the rebuild was yesterday, maybe it was eleven years ago. How much was the bill? $40,000 or $38 bucks.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Hold on a second. I don't know JTM or you, but if they aren't your engines, maybe you jumped the gun with your bashing. Before you go after someone's reputation and livlihood, you need to have your facts straight. Did you see the receipts? the dyno sheets? Maybe the rebuild was yesterday, maybe it was eleven years ago. How much was the bill? $40,000 or $38 bucks.
my point as well.

you can really screw up someones reputation.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Registered

I purchased a previous owned boat that had HP500's which were just freshened by JTM prior to me purchasing the boat and had no problems with the engines. I did not have the work done and did not pay the bill but did not have any complaints.
Steve
Old 04-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I don't know who JTM is BUT the problems described are insignifigant if they are even true (other than a o-ring missing on oil adapter)
Engine was sitting on a stand from the description-found all the oil lines loose,maybe someone screwed them on finger tight until it went in the actual boat, I do this on mine until I orient which way lines/swivels go
valve cover bolts were loose,how loose? I have had guys bring bench job transmissions in then they tear the dipstick hat seal installing it,as soon as it starts leaking they start reefing on the pan bolts then cvall me up telling me they were "loose"
Different head bolts that weren't exactly identical (as far as markings) were used,did customer pay for new ones or were old ones re-used?
If motor was knocking,had cast pistons in it,parts were charged for that weren't actually put in,lifters were installed backwards and chewed up cams,cast cranks were used when steel ones were billed out,etc,etc then I would say lets barbecue these guys but the stuff described is NOTHING compared to the typical horror storys we see on here,Smitty
Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Nmocean
It was not my engines and I don't have to provide pictures or videos, we don't have any anyhow, we just fixed all the problems ourselves and we did it right. I just know what I found and I think people should know. If it would of been mine there would of been legal action. I would hate to see somebody else get screwed like so many others in the boat industry. I really like the challenge of meeting us anywhere anytime. I will say no more.
Gonna bash somebody here and don't have to provide proof? Starting to smell like someting you don't wanna step in now...
Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
See.. That is Justed F*cked up. Most never cry about the engine bill, But when you see what "Some" do with the engine you want to choke the living P*ss out of them. ..Do you think the engine builder thought you may NEVER take the valve cover off??

Some guys just don't have any pride in their work!!

Sorry for you Loss !!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Engine Builder Beware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.