Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204853-purchase-deal-went-wrong-need-advice.html)

Indy 03-18-2009 07:12 AM

Your only recourse here is if the seller knowingly sold defective motors...good luck proving that. How is anybody supposed to know if there is a defect in an engine unless it gets totally broken down? There is inherent risk buying anything that is used, especially a finicky high performance marine engine. Perform due diligence to inspect as much as is reasonable then accept the risk which is what seems that you did, the rest is just back luck. Stop trying to look to others for you misfortunes, that's part of what's wrong with this society.

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-18-2009 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by bustag (Post 2823522)
Wow, this may be my first post on here but I just cant let this one go. I have to interject my thoughts which I fully realize mean zip to anybody.

It seems like this engine deal is not the first issue you have had with internet transactions so I tend to believe it's something with you not them.

The people who speak highly of Jeff and his reputation speak the truth.

This guy has built more reliable horsepower by accident than most people have on purpose.

You call yourself an Investigator? Whoop-di-do! Your "facts" are skewed. Don't be so self indulgent, I have ChoicePoint too, big deal.

And finally you want to run that much hp in a 33 Outlaw with" Bravo" drives? :eek:

For what you paid for those engines you got back in parts. Get over it.

I think you're the one thats cracked, not the blocks.

I'll go back to lurking now.

This guy has built more reliable horsepower by accident than most people have on purpose. ????

I'm trying to understand this , So the seller was a engine bldr ? :cool:

JasonSmith 03-18-2009 09:30 AM

I know Jeff. I have bought stuff from him in the past & never, never had a single issue with anything from him.
I know those engines were in running condition at the Shootout year before last. I was on the dock when the oil was changed in them & they were tuned up before the Skater that the engines were in was ran in the Shootout. They were 100% then. Boat ran 140+mph.
Jeff is Mr. Meticulous. If it was even questionable for condition, it was replaced. He is not one to abuse his toys.
I have a VERY hard time believing your story. Especially since I consider Jeff a friend & given my past EXCELLENT experience in business dealings with him.

fantastixvoyage 03-18-2009 09:34 AM

Maybe I missed it but have any pictures been shown yet? Seems that would help with the indentification. Not to mention most good engine builders stamp a build code right into the block.

sean stinson 03-18-2009 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by empire0007 (Post 2823275)
Last I spoke with the seller, he indicated he had spend all the money, his house is up for forclosure, and his in bad shape, but when i did my investigation, noticed several vehicles, all nice cars, one being a MBZ 600SL, two nice house. Your Answer, nothing has been resolved. My attorny called him as well and his pushing my into the legal system, which i will be taking, unless he comes forward and offter something to keep me happy, or take the motors back

Who are you???? You need to come with more than this he said, she said bull****..... The deck is not in your favor at the moment!!!!!

36Tango 03-18-2009 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 2823629)
Your only recourse here is if the seller knowingly sold defective motors...good luck proving that. How is anybody supposed to know if there is a defect in an engine unless it gets totally broken down? There is inherent risk buying anything that is used, especially a finicky high performance marine engine. Perform due diligence to inspect as much as is reasonable then accept the risk which is what seems that you did, the rest is just back luck. Stop trying to look to others for you misfortunes, that's part of what's wrong with this society.

At the end of the day, any cracks that were found were found AFTER machining was done. Keep in mind that these were at 588 to begin with, so there was not alot of wall thickness there to start with. If the engines were torn down immediately, and if they were magnafluxed immediately, and if they had not passed through three hands (yours, your rigger, your machine guy) first, there might be a chance that there could be an argument. Even then, though, used engines are just that. At this point, how do you even know that one of your guys did not crack the blocks? Because they said so? Maybe you, or an agent of your should have inspected them before you bought them?

Bilgerat 03-18-2009 09:53 AM

Broz

1 Attachment(s)
Jeff Brozovich's 2001 Super Chevy Nitro Coupe. Photo by James Morgan

Jeff Brozovich launches hard in his Nitro Coupe at Super Chevy's 2001 New England race. Unfortunately the final eliminations for Nitro Coupes were rained out.

sean stinson 03-18-2009 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 36Tango (Post 2823734)
At the end of the day, any cracks that were found were found AFTER machining was done. Keep in mind that these were at 588 to begin with, so there was not alot of wall thickness there to start with. If the engines were torn down immediately, and if they were magnafluxed immediately, and if they had not passed through three hands (yours, your rigger, your machine guy) first, there might be a chance that there could be an argument. Even then, though, used engines are just that. At this point, how do you even know that one of your guys did not crack the blocks? Because they said so? Maybe you, or an agent of your should have inspected them before you bought them?

What kind of blocks were they to begin with...I mean who was the manufacturer of the block....

JasonSmith 03-18-2009 09:55 AM

:food-smiley-007::food-smiley-007:

sean stinson 03-18-2009 10:02 AM

Well there you go.....whenever you use gopher blocks they're known to crack around the bottom especially when machined at the 1000 tolerance!!!!!