Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204853-purchase-deal-went-wrong-need-advice.html)

JaayTeee 03-18-2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63 (Post 2823827)
For reference, I have no clue who Empire is, talked to him once on TBM years ago because he is local.

But I thought I would respond for two reasons.

I have heard crazy stories about midwest living (excessive drinking, kid neglect, wife swapping, $ scam artists, ect.).

...And all this time, I thought this was the norm:confused:;)

Jeff's a good guy....I doubt he's going to knowingly
sell something that's going to come back and bite him
in the azz.

sean stinson 03-18-2009 12:41 PM

A way to maybe rectify this is to find a set of good used blocks that are to both parties liking and replace the block bowtie blocks are a dime a dozen at the moment I am pretty sure but not certain.....

36Tango 03-18-2009 12:49 PM

On a block that was already bored out close to the max, why would a builder touch the blocks with any tool until the block had been checked for cracks. Already being a 588, there was little room for error. If rebuilding any engine, wouldn't it be considered routine to check for any cracks before starting anything? What is the cost of magnafluxing a block (or however they do it)?

empire0007 03-18-2009 12:52 PM

Mike wrote:
Let me clear something here. Mario at So Cal is an outstanding mechanic person and a as honest as you could find a person in this industry. The motors were shipped directly to the engine builder. From my understating and Mario's understanding, we did a leak down at Kinser Racing (Mark) where my mechanic Mario was involved as well. Mario has nothing to do with this, so let's keep him out of it. As I am reading more, the questions seems to be coming back to the engine builder. We started taking everything apart, as i had planned to do the top and bottom end job on the motors. From my understanding, the blocks had to be machined, due to the circumstances they were in, so the engine builder started and as they did, they noticed the crack, and upon that time, we checked the second motor and noticed the same crack as well, without any work on the second motor. If the engine builder had machine the second block, i would have a question on the machining, as i have learned the cylinder walls are thin. But since one was not touched, is a different factor. I am not an engine builder, nor a mechanic, just forwarding facts of what they had found out.

I do have pictures to show, but my link to insert pictures show http:// and the pictures are in my computer, so i am confused how to down load the pictures. (if someone could help on inserting the picture i will post them)

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-18-2009 01:00 PM

go to advanced ,manage pictures, and upload..piece of cake

StillHaulin@63 03-18-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2823857)
I know most of the OG SCOPE members and have been around so if you want to check my background go ahead as matter of fact why dont you ask the OSO members if I am a newbie because maybe I really just am a rookie.....lets not sit here and cross swords or dicks!

wow, I don't think my post questioned your qualifications to talk here on OSO Sean, just an innocent query to see if we boat in similar places, sorry to ruffle your feathers....

To respond, I could care less if you are a OSO rookie or vet, that stuff never impressed me. No crossing swords, dicks, or anything else for that matter on my end, just trying to understand and be constructive.

Back to the matter, I agree with your second post. Used blocks might be the ticket. You all said Empire paid below market value, maybe the used blocks will net that out and get him going in his OL.

Chris

sean stinson 03-18-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63 (Post 2823880)
wow, I don't think my post questioned your qualifications to talk here on OSO Sean, just an innocent query to see if we boat in similar places, sorry to ruffle your feathers....

To respond, I could care less if you are a OSO rookie or vet, that stuff never impressed me. No crossing swords, dicks, or anything else for that matter on my end, just trying to understand and be constructive.

Back to the matter, I agree with your second post. Used blocks might be the ticket. You all said Empire paid below market value, maybe the used blocks will net that out and get him going in his OL.

Chris

I took your post the wrong way sorry!!!! I felt you questioned my ability to answer based on where I live!!!! I was just giving you the place to find out who I was!!!!! Anyway again back to the matter at hand I would have never attempted to work on 588 blocks just to iffy but on the otherhand if you were looking to just get them going for the least amount of money then ok......

empire0007 03-18-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2823874)
go to advanced ,manage pictures, and upload..piece of cake

OK, in advanced, onlything that i find is the link of the mountain picture (insert Image) but it ask to enter URL Image, not a browser to upload. Will check later, got to go to a meeting

StillHaulin@63 03-18-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2823891)
I took your post the wrong way sorry!!!! I felt you questioned my ability to answer based on where I live!!!! I was just giving you the place to find out who I was!!!!! Anyway again back to the matter at hand I would have never attempted to work on 588 blocks just to iffy but on the otherhand if you were looking to just get them going for the least amount of money then ok......

all good...:ernaehrung004:

just seems to me to be a simple equation as he already planned on having SCSM/outsource rebuild them:

lawyer fees, anxiety, possible judged loss, engine replacement cost...

versus

new/used blocks, back on water, matter past you.

Chris

sean stinson 03-18-2009 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@63 (Post 2823898)
all good...:ernaehrung004:

just seems to me to be a simple equation as he already planned on having SCSM/outsource rebuild them:

lawyer fees, anxiety, possible judged loss, engine replacement cost...

versus

new/used blocks, back on water, matter past you.

Chris

Who did you buy your boat from Chris