Notices

Px Class

Old 03-28-2002, 11:01 PM
CatAttack

Ryan,
That boat wreck must have F your head up Mr. Know It All. APBA will not payout any money out to P class even if there is 500 boats in the class.
At least SBI will on 5 boats.
APBA's is also $500 entry fee also for P Class (READ THE F'IN RULE BOOK Know It All).

What is your problem you use to be a good guy, you wreck a boat in pleasure use NOW you know everything about boat racing

Just my observation, A guy that read's rule BOOKS

Old 03-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up with that Boy?? Any answers Fastcat??
Old 03-29-2002, 12:15 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ??????????????

Where did that come from, I don't even know you. I just checked out the race packet for Daytona APBA it says it's $400.00 to enter P class. You make it sound like I am anti SBI which I am not I support ALL OFFSHORE RACING. I will probably run some SBI races later in the year. I applaud SBI for offering prize money to these classes. I wish APBA would the pay prize money to the P classes. P classes are some of APBA's biggest classes. I was told that they are going to offer prize money to P class at sometime during the year. APBA also has a deal with SDART for SOME contingency money to boats in the P class that my they proper critera. YES I crashed my boat while pleasuring it , I feel terrible about it because my good frien BC is still injured. I will race my boat again in St Cloud what are you racing catattack? Who are you?
Old 03-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

my thoughts on P class is that it is a entry level or older race boat class.If someone is leaving say F-1 with a boat that isnt winning to win a flag in P class that is wrong but no one likes losing.they should put full race boats in the next class higher regardless of top speed.A 80mph pleasure boat CANT beat a 80mph race boat.
As far as prize money step up and race in a factory class and take your chances with the rest of us.P class entry money is for your own safty to have rescue crews and races to go to.If you take any more prize money from the pro classes they will have no incentive to race.How would you like all the pro guys to drop to P class to win some easy money.Talk about some yelling.
Remember P class isint the main show,Its a place to race,have fun,get experiance,meet good people and have rules to please the bulk of boats that said they have no place to race.
Randy
Old 03-29-2002, 11:20 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Now I know why it's called P class. The P stands for POKERRUN/PLEASURE boats.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-29-2002, 12:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thank you Randy. That makes sense. P-class is a great place to get started and decide if you want to get into boat racing more heavily.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,746 Likes on 3,797 Posts
Default prize money

my opinion if you have 5 or more boats in class, i dont think it would break the bank to give the winner in class,5 ben franks,
it helps in deferring some of the cost. those that race know fuel that must be bought can range from 3.50 a gallon up to 5 a gallon. some teams onlyrace in races close to home. f-1 teams should be raceing entire national curcuit, and without deep pockets or great sponsors where would they be. all levels of stock car racing gives money thats one of the reason it is so popular and easy to get in. evryone on this board has a opinion
and not all are the same. personal attacks towards individuals over opinions should be privately done. if you cant resolve meet and put the gloves on. but a war of words means really nothing and distracts for the subjects at hand. hope you all enjoy your holiday how ever you celebrate.

Last edited by Pete B; 03-29-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Registered

I think you guys are missing something about P class. It is a test bed for racers, and equipment. New equipment that is not yet approved in other classes can be tested and proven in the P class. Also racers can get the seat time needed befor they jump into bigger classes.
Note teams like How Sweat It Is will frequently run the Sat. P race and come back Sun. to run their class. These guys obviously use the opportunity to dial themselfs and the boat in. Practice make perfect and the owner of Eliminator Boats didn't get there over night.

If someone wants to pump money into sponsoring a boat in PX or P anything, we should let them help build the sport.

The only other thing I would like to point out is that the rules should state what P class a boat would fall into coming from another class. If F1 kilo records state 89mph then F1 boats should be 80 to 90 mph in P class, and so on. Keep it simple.

Dave
P5-4
Old 03-30-2002, 07:49 AM

I agree with Ron P and Typhoon.The P Classes should be the entry level of the sport; I feel that no prize money or TV exposure should be given to these classes.I also agree that some thought should be given to reducing the number of Pro Series Classes maybe to four or five.This would make the sport easier to follow for the fans, increasing sponsorship opportunities and television coverage,resulting in higher race purses and point funds!With fewer classes, the pay outs per class would be higher which attract more boats to each class improving the level of competition and the overall appeal of the sport!Look at NHRA, they have alot of classes, but they have been very successful in the marketing of the Pro Classes(Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro-Stock); most people dont even know that national drag race events draw hundreds of cars in many different classes.Just a thought, and only my opinion.