Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
St. Johns River for Memorial day >

St. Johns River for Memorial day

Notices

St. Johns River for Memorial day

Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The conditions here in port orange right now are full on tropical storm and almost Cat1.The boat is sitting on the trailer and I can see it sway.It's only 6400lbs but still...just crazy.

Much of Nova Rd is under water around Daytona.That's not even the low spots...they are all flooded.

We where supposed to go out tommorrow night to the springs for the weekend but that ain't gonna happen.Maybe friday is this low moves on.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
The conditions here in port orange right now are full on tropical storm and almost Cat1.The boat is sitting on the trailer and I can see it sway.It's only 6400lbs but still...just crazy.

Much of Nova Rd is under water around Daytona.That's not even the low spots...they are all flooded.

We where supposed to go out tommorrow night to the springs for the weekend but that ain't gonna happen.Maybe friday is this low moves on.
What boat do you have? Where do you live?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I will be out on Monday, look for me.
Bertram38
Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
I will be out on Monday, look for me.
Bertram38
B38,
Will do. BTW, do you have the red and white Bertram that was re-rigged @ Marine Performance awhile back?
Dean
Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

No, I Own Needle Nose III wich is Blue and white.
There are only two left in the world that are driveable currently. Total of 15 made over 4 year period. Mine is #7 hull made.
Can't miss me when you see me.
B3
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
No, I Own Needle Nose III wich is Blue and white.
There are only two left in the world that are driveable currently. Total of 15 made over 4 year period. Mine is #7 hull made.
Can't miss me when you see me.
B3
We'll look for that blue and white beast!
Dean
Old 05-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well,
The river is up about 4 .5 feet according to the marine patrol. We went out yesterday, and ran south down the river, to blue springs, BUT they won't let private boats dock there anymore! Anyway, we went up the river to Astor, and it started raining alittle so we ran back to hontoons. Boat ran great, and you guys are right, the 225 3.0 L EFI sure likes it's gas

We are going to tubing and sking in Lake Beresford this morning, and then head up the river after.

Dean
Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

It was a horrible day on lake George outside of the run to the glen sunday.Couple boats flipped over and people died.I was inside the run but the guy that owns this charter of TowBoatUS is a friend of ours.We all park together so we over hear his radio traffic.The news missed a whole lot on this one.

It was a nasty squal and left its share of damage for those not paying attention enough.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well what's the whole story?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

The news has about half what we saw and overheard on the radio of the Towboatus and CG/sheriff.

I heard 7 dead but 1 small child was revived.When we left after the storm there where two airboats flipped over and a mid 20's cabin upside down prior to the 500' marker.Then right after the 500' marker a malibu was sunk with the nose out.There where 12 friggin people on that one and they found 11 by the time we left.Cops where still all over looking the water.Sheriff and CG heli's where making runs back and forth.

What we all saw and what the news is saying doesn't add up so.The news13 channel did a 5 second report on it and we where shocked at how unimportant they made it out to be.A lot more happenend.There where a few people getting CPR in rescue boats/on land.There where a few boats that got anchor lines wrapped up and fingers went missing.5 people where in that cabin when that mid 20's capsized.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.