Notices

pro charger system

Old 03-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro charger system

am lookinginto pro charging my 1998 26 sonic with 502 efi mag. looking at the m3 "sc" kit so i can run 89 octane fuel. does this kit come complete with gauges and all necessary hardware or do you have to buy additional items? any thoughts on this unit?
Old 03-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Whatdoin

Don't forget about WHIPPLE! I hear they can do 89 octane now and you might want to talk to them...just a thought!

Old 03-26-2002, 07:36 PM
GOT MERC?

Question

Here are a few questions that need to be answered:
How many hours on your 502 MPI?
If over 100 the engine should be rebuilt before installing the kit.
You will also have to stud the cylinder heads. The stock GM head bolts will not hold the cylinder head to the block when boost is applied. You will have to upgrade your head gaskets to Fel-Pro
marine head gaskets. The fuel system in the boat needs to be changed from 3/8 to 1/2 fuel line. After installing the kit the engine should be dyno tested to check fuel pressure,timing,exhaust gas temperatures at each cylinder,supercharger RPM and at what RPM is your engine making the most HP so you can dial in the boat correctly. You should install a vaccume/boost gauge,fuel pressure gauge and an engine knock meter. After all this is done you will have TROUBLE FREE Hi Perf boating with the ProCharged 26 Sonic The only parts that Pro Charger supplies with the kit is the kit itself.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:51 PM
Whatdoin

WOW...Goodfella, great info! Never thought of all that, that is some really good info to know. 26Sonic should be glad to hear this!

Old 03-26-2002, 08:11 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Thanks! Whatdoin!
I have seen to many of the systems installed INCORRECTLY! Then Pro Charger gets a bad wrap
Old 03-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

goodfella thanks for the info, but i need to do all this with only 5lbs of boost? i have 120hrs on motor.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:15 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

IT"S ALL UP TO YOU! Do it right or end up on the end of a TOW LINE! with an engine with either a melted piston or an engine that looks like someone poured a chocolate milkshake in it
Old 03-26-2002, 09:09 PM
Whatdoin

Goodfella is right, if you try to take a shortcut, it will COST YOU big time. Do the right thing up front and you will SAVE in the long run (time and money).

Old 03-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are having Typhoon set it up they will do it right. Andy does not want you coming back with a blown motor!(no pun intended) They should give you a price for the whole project. Charger, intercooler, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, boost and fuel pressure guages, carb and carb jetting, and fuel lines. These are the basics.Expect to spend around $7000. Head gaskets, dyno run etc. will be extra, but good insurance.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Registered

PROCHARGER GIVES YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN THE KIT AND WILL SUPPLY YOU WITH THE GAUGES IF SPECIFIED (FUEL PRESS AND BOOST) AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.
WE HAVE DONE QUITE A FEW INSTALLATIONS SOME HAVE OVER 450 HOURS ON THEM...WE HAVE NEVER CHANGED HEAD GASKETS ON THESE APPLICATIONS OR HEAD BOLTS OR EVEN DYNO TIME FOR THAT MATTER.......I'M NOT SAYING IT'S BAD IDEA ...JUST CAN'T JUSTIFY EXPENSE TO CUSTOMER FOR A RECREATIONAL BOAT
26 SONIC IF YOU FIND A PLACE THAT'S GOOD AND HAS DONE ALOT OF THESE YOU SHOULD BE OKAY.....ALSO I'D RUN 92-93 OCTANE NO MATTER IF IT'S 5 OR 7 PSI OF BOOST
JUST GOOD INSURANCE!

Quick Reply: pro charger system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.