FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this >

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Notices

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black Formula 292 Fastech

painted from factory with IMRON from Dupont , best boat paint on the market , no issues at all
Attached Thumbnails FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this-img_5195.jpg   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this-hafen-02.jpg   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this-hafen-01-b.jpg  

Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Damn, that's a sharp looking 292! Love that black and green. And I agree, the Imron paint is excellent.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like Fountain looked into the issue pretty deep, and they might already have been contacted about it before your purchase?

At any rate, I think Martin gave you pretty good advice, and left the door open for some help, if only technical and advice, it's still support. You're biggest beef might be with your dealer, depending on the circumstances we know nothing about.

This is just another case of GET A SURVEY, before you buy any boat that is not brand spanking new (assuming you knew that was the case). Heck, nowadays, I'm tempted to get a survery on brand new boats, more could be wrong with them than used.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
When I step on the Purple section on my deck my feet burn....I could not even begin to imagine how hot black would get.
yea my dark blues are to hot to step on,Even being a Mississippi boy we dont wear shoes except to church ,it burns me feets
Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Registered

I have not read the whole string, but just to respond to the topic of surveys, I surveyed my 2001 Activator in 2006 before I bought it and asked specifically if the tank was aluminum or fiberglass. The manufacturer could not remember, the surveyor told me aluminum. Guess what? I am replacing the tank as we speak. Will be better than ever, but the fine print in the surveyor's paperwork stated he was not responsible for his mess ups.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Not that it seems like the whole truth is out and this boat was bought second hand there is no telling how and why the black gel has hazed up like this. My guess is sun exposure with no protection.

The best black boats I have personally seen are some of the 35 Cigarette Playboy's and the new 4400 Concept. I do not know if these are black gel coat or painted black but they were perfect and shine like a black Porsche!

While Fountain like most all boat companies does not warranty gel coat they did fix 1 spot and 2 spider cracks on my 06 38TE when it was 4 months old under warranty.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

At 1 year old it is awful to see some thing like this. These must have clearly been shootie work at the factory. Send the guy a check to have it painted, or at least a low ball figure to work with him on it. Stand behind your product for at least a few years or expect people to loose confidence in your craftsmenship. I know many other manufactures would just so they do not have all this type of bad PR. Are freakin Stingray dealer in the area would take care of something like this and this is supposed to be a top notch boat.. Not that I want a Fountain anyway but I sure as **** will not buy one now, especially if it had any colored gel.

Sake - sew u can reed tis goud Louck.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

Im very sorry you are having this problem, I know its sucks. I can proudly say that I bought a Joker in 2003 as a race boat, and 3 years after that I had a minor problem, and Joker not only fixed the boat, but they made it better than is was when new. I live in Va. and had to drive to Fl. to have the work done, so the Joker guys supplied me with a place to stay while the work was being done. Now that is GREAT service.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's the crappy dealer part. Communication is a great thing, so is honesty.

"Additionally, in our investigation of this matter we discovered that our factory sales representative personally inspected the boat in October and observed fading from prior use/abuse of the vessel. This was also presumably prior to your purchase of the vessel; therefore, it would appear that this was indeed a pre-existing condition at the time you purchased this used boat.
"
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

sand storm damage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.