FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this >

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Notices

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JBoat
The boat was 1 year old when this started happening. Regardless if it was like that when he bought it or not the factory did an awful job making this boat. If their work can’t hold up 1 year and they are claiming "abuse" it’s an issue and that seems to be getting over looked here. They used the wrong materials and/or poor knowledge making their product.
If black gelcoat on the top of a boat is as problematic as Martin from Fountain says, then Fountain should not manufacture any boats using black gel on the top part of the boat.
I am referrring to the following comment from Fountain: "It is our experience that colored gel coat and black in particular, will fade significantly over time, particularly on the horizontal surfaces. This primarily includes the deck. That is why we do not recommend black gel specifically, and why there was an Exclusion of Liability issued with the boat."

Even if a customer wants wants black gel on the top, Fountain should inform the customer that they do not want to produce this, since there is high risk that it quickly will look pretty bad and that customers will not be happy long term and it can affect the reputation of the quality of Fountain boats.

Fountain should use a good paint like IMRON in case a customer insists of having a boat that is black on the top.

Last edited by Phazar454Mag; 06-18-2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Adding quote from Fountain for completeness
Old 06-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Fountain does stand behind our product; however, this colored boat was against our recommendations and the original purchasers was fully informed that the black gel coat would indeed fade. Clearly, with the use that this boat has seen as a two year old boat, it has not been very well maintained.

As for the deck, we recommended that the original owner paint the deck, but they insisted on gel coat despite our warning and the liability exclusion we provided with the boat. Black paint will have the boat looking sharp, and it will not fade like gel coat.
Sounds like they tried to get the original buyer to paint it and they refused.

Sake,

Scan the motors, the computers on those will not only be able to tell you the hours but how long at each r.p.m. bin. When I was looking for my boat no hour meter was the same as the motors, a couple were 100 off.
I get the feeling you got a beat boat from a dealer that knew he was going to close.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Sounds like they tried to get the original buyer to paint it and they refused.
I still think Fountain should say no to a request like black gelcoat if they can not recommend that. Fontains name is on the product after the sale and chances are they will get unhappy customers down the road.
If I was Fountain I would not manufacture something that I knew with a high probability would cause unsatisfied customers, instead I would insists on paint if black is the color of choice or may be use white gelcoat on the top instead.

Last edited by Phazar454Mag; 06-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
I still think Fountain should say no to a request like black gel if they can not recommend that. Fontains name is on the product after the sale and chances are they will get unhappy customers down the road.
If I was Fountain I would not manufacture something that I knew with a high probability would cause unsatisfied customers, instead I would insists on paint if black is the color of choice or may be use white gel on the top instead.
Did I miss something? Fountain says they advise against painting a boats top deck black, but a customer insisted on that color. How is this a DEMO boat if it was custom ordered?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Did I miss something? Fountain says they advise against painting a boats top deck black, but a customer insisted on that color. How is this a DEMO boat if it was custom ordered?
Isn't it possible it was custom ordered by the dealer in England ?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow guys i dont know how the order the boat i know that the MORE price was for a black boat was about 2600 pounds that would be 7000 us dollar!!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered

So.. is this paint or gel.. Iether will fade in uv light. Black is a mistake on top period. If fountain warned the original owner in writing they wouldnt recomend or stand behind the black topside.. isnt that saying something? Its why most boats are white
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
So.. is this paint or gel.. Iether will fade in uv light. Black is a mistake on top period. If fountain warned the original owner in writing they wouldnt recomend or stand behind the black topside.. isnt that saying something? Its why most boats are white
Gelcoat fades a lot more than a paint like IMRON.

If the Fountain had been painted with IMRON it would have been in nearly like new condition, unless it got some scratches.

Still think Fountain should have said no to the black gelcoat request since they know it will not last for long when exposed to sunlight, unless they want unhappy customers like Sake.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
Gelcoat fades a lot more than a paint like IMRON.

If the Fountain had been painted with IMRON it would have been in nearly like new condition, unless it got some scratches.

Still think Fountain should have said no to the black gelcoat request since they know it will not last for long when exposed to sunlight, unless they want unhappy customers like Sake.
How does that old saying go? "You can please some of the people some of the time"
Fountain did the custom work at the customers risk.. end of story.
There will always be whiners
Old 06-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's funny that when you buy a boat and something breaks you have to take it to whoever made that part of the boat for the warranty instead of the facotry, you buy a car and something breaks you take it to the dealer and they fix it no matter who the factory paid to build that part.
It seems like it's ok for boat builders to treat customers like crap after the sale and not really warranty anything.. If this were a vehicle the media, government and everyone else would be raising hell. I'm not slamming Fountain Im talking about the whole industry. One year warranty and we spend 100's of thousands on boats yet people complain because some cars only come with a 36/36 bumper to bumper..

It does suck that this boat is fading but if you buy something without seeing it or paying someone to inspect it then i guess you kind of get what you deserve...I don't like buying things on ebay that are over a few hundred if i can't see them and touch them first, much less a boat,car,bike....

Last edited by show-n-go h2o; 06-19-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: potty mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.