Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this >

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Notices

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW...heck of a thread...buisiness is tough these days...but I agree that Fountain should never have built that boat if they didnt believe in it....cars and boats ALWAYS are resold later and their name (Fountain)is on the side of it, in the end.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

Mr. Bijlsma,

Since you posted my previous communication that I intended as a private reply to you personally, I presume that you will also post this response; although, this communication is not intended to be public either.

Mr. Fountain has been made aware of your complaints, and the fact that you have chosen to inaccurately represent the issues with your boat in a public forum. He concurs with my original reply, and reaffirms that we do not recommend black gel coat on decks, and that is why we have a specific liability release for such applications.

As I stated in my previous communication, your boat is two years old. That is a fact, as the boat was manufactured June of 2007. It was used and registered by at least one retail owner before you purchased the boat used. More importantly, you purchased the boat with the gel coat already faded as a pre-existing condition. Your assertions that the boat is one year old are simply inaccurate and misleading.

It (the boat) was not properly maintained, and furthermore there was a specific liability exclusion for the black gel coat because Fountain did not want to build the boat in black. I am certain that if I were to respond to the OSO board with copies of the exclusion and the original warranty registration conclusively demonstrating that you are a subsequent owner of a two year old boat that had no warranty on the gel coat, there would be a different perception.

From the liability release provided with the boat:

It is against the recommendations of the Fountain Powerboats Engineering Department to build a boat with an "all black gel coat finish" due to the increased possibility of fading and crazing. Additionally, the heat build up on the black gel represents a potential to hold excessive heat that could result in burns.

Fountain Powerboats, Inc. provides NO WARRANTIES OF ANY TYPE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ON THIS PRODUCT RELATED TO GEL COAT FADING, CRAZING, OR PAINT FINISH. Fountain Powerboats, Inc. will not be liable for any damages of any kind whatsoever, including consequential, incidental, compensatory, special, or punitive damages.

Also, whom ever did the buffing on the boat appears to have buffed through the gel coat itself.

This is not a warranty matter on any level, and your suggestion that we send you parts for another component that is neither covered by Fountain, nor is under warranty by the component manufacturer is simply not reasonable. I suggest that you order the parts directly from CMI.

As recommended previously, and by numerous people on OSO, your solution is to paint the boat. This was our recommendation to the original owner when we built the boat as well, and they declined; hence the liability release.

I have chosen not to reply in a public forum, and will continue to communicate in a person to person manner. If you choose to continue this campaign of public attack on Fountain Powerboats for something that is clearly not the responsibility of Fountain Powerboats, this will be my final reply.

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Martin Sanborn
Director, Legal Affairs
Old 06-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Texaswater
2010 are available now. U.S. Presidents prefer Fountain's. You might check with the White House to find a buyer............Ask for Barack.
Thats some funny chit
Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

i think Fountain is in bad wheater i would say the same if i run out of monney game over for fountain!! and for me!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sake
i think Fountain is in bad wheater i would say the same if i run out of monney game over for fountain!! and for me!!
SAKE,
WOULD YOU SHUT THE F**K UP ALREADY. YOU SOUND LIKE A FRIGGIN A**HOLE. YOU HAVE ALREADY SAID YOUR ****, NOW GO AWAY.

AND FOR THE RECORD I HAVE A 95 FOUNTAIN 29 FEVER THAT LOOKS LIKE NEW. SHINES LIKE NEW
Old 06-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sake,

If you will bring the boat to Florida I will warranty the gel-coat and paint the deck for no cost to you.

How does that sound?

Pat
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Registered

no i wont i want every one to know!! so the can learn about this things before buying a boat!!!

i think the older fountains are much better built. thanks!!

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
SAKE,
WOULD YOU SHUT THE F**K UP ALREADY. YOU SOUND LIKE A FRIGGIN A**HOLE. YOU HAVE ALREADY SAID YOUR ****, NOW GO AWAY.

AND FOR THE RECORD I HAVE A 95 FOUNTAIN 29 FEVER THAT LOOKS LIKE NEW. SHINES LIKE NEW
Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Thanks!

but that is a long road to go, but is a great offer!
Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Sake,

If you will bring the boat to Florida I will warranty the gel-coat and paint the deck for no cost to you.

How does that sound?

Pat
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Sake
no i wont i want every one to know!! so the can learn about this things before buying a boat!!!

i think the older fountains are much better built. thanks!!
Note to self - Do not buy a black boat

Thanks Sake
Old 07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered

this is strange, a baja build by Fountain whole black!!! for sale here in holland, with compleet warrenty!!! i can not post photos please sendt me a mail adres so i sendt them to you!! hope that you can post.

hope this helps

http://www.watersportparadise.nl/wp.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.