Notices

whale wars

Old 06-07-2009, 12:46 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't watched this season, but you should have seen last season. Dangerous incompetence. Flipping the RIB with people in it while trying to launch it. The cook who wasn't a good enough cook- so they put him in charge of the helicopter where he promptly hit the blade with a wrench and disabled it. Losing a small boat in the ocean for a few hours because they forgot to turn on the radio. I think the wales should be protecting them.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Haven't watched this season, but you should have seen last season. Dangerous incompetence. Flipping the RIB with people in it while trying to launch it. The cook who wasn't a good enough cook- so they put him in charge of the helicopter where he promptly hit the blade with a wrench and disabled it. Losing a small boat in the ocean for a few hours because they forgot to turn on the radio. I think the wales should be protecting them.
Amen. The problem is that the entire crew is unpaid. While they all have the best intentions, most if not all of them have zero maritime experience....This season will probably be a new bunch of the same. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

I have to say though that last season when the entire crew threw a party and got schnokered it was funny watching the aftermath. The only thing worse than a inexperienced crew, is a drunk inexperienced crew....lol

Last edited by CheckedOut; 06-07-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered

I like the last episode from last season when he got pretend shot and his fake badge saved him.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

they are idiots....I gave the japs two points tonight 0 for the sea shepherds....
Old 07-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

good read...

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f.../m/82419211201
Old 07-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it's a great thing they are trying to do. Unfortunitally, I don't think the whales have a chance if this is who they have to protect them.
What a bunch of monkeys! Their main weapon is throwing bottles onto the ships. The only problem they can even come close to getting a bottle on the ship. Then they throw a rope contraption in the water and expect it to go aroung the props. The draft on those shops has to be 30 feet? How do they expect for that rope to make it all the wway under the ship? it didn't, the guys on the ship took it.
The captain is giving orders, the guys in the boat don't know the code words.
I do like it, very amusing. Kind of reminds me of my staff!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Registered

I agree with what they are doing, but it's hard for me to watch. Bunch of inept tree huggers that never get the mission accomplished from what I've seen.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

Watching the RIB's take big water was sad, one wave almost took out a crew member....they need something longer with big blocks.

Good show though, it's good to see people having a passion for a good cause.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bck
Only saw a little bit of it but what do you expect from a bunch of hippies? Seemed like there was a lot of crew churn (turnover) too.

They should rename the boat the 'Ship of Fools'
Old 07-19-2009, 05:12 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

The show is great because the captqin and crew are the worst. I am sure the boat will sink soon enough next time they hide out in an ice field...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.