Notices

whale wars

Old 07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I cant belive Discovery actually airs it. They are no more than Eco-Terrorists. These are the same people that would love to see our boats put away for good, and have our hunting and fishing rights revoked. They are playing on the emotions of people to support thier cause. I feel that they are going to get hurt by the captian that takes too many dangerous chances with the crew. It does suck that Japan is whaling under false pretenses, but pushing our beliefs on their culture is not right. They are hunting a sustainable food source for their people, I just wish they would do it in their own waters and drop out of the Convention for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources like Norway instead of hiding it in the Marine Research they claim to do.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dockrocker
It is pretty bad, though I'm sure a fair amount of that is the editing. You can tell just from the sea conditions that they chop different shots from different times of day (or perhaps from different days).

Some of it is pretty ridiculous - throwing the bottles by hand, I mean, come on. Head on over to any boat store and buy a friggin' water balloon launcher - problem solved. And throwing a line in the water to tangle the props on 200 ft ship A steel cable, maybe, but a nylon line? I don't think so...
I think you missed the strength of that line... "It was stronger than steel"....even my wife knew it wouldn't work before they tried it...

" Toa ...Toa...Toa..."
Old 07-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
If someone jumped the rail of my vessel out there they would be shot before they put their foot on the deck. These people are a bunch of clowns and I'm sure that the people really trying to save whale are ashamed of this TV show.
I know the whales are ashamed of them.....poor whales....they would be better off having the french protect them...
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Registered

the Japs where on a mission last week 3 whales in two hours...

http://www.icrwhale.org/eng-index.htm

Last edited by tomtbone1993; 08-17-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The French! LMAO I now watch to see what stupidity comes next from these guys. The captain says he started Green Peace then was kicked out due to questionable tactics... His tactics are like Pakistanis throwing rocks at tanks. They don't work. No wonder he was kicked out. The Japs are laughing at them over sake and whale sushi.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered

If I were Steve Irwins widow I would have his name removed from the good ship LOLLIPOP.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Their efforts would be better suited to try and change the law that allows for this instead of the crap they do. It is only a matter of time before one of those guys either gets hurt or killed.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ckin62
The French! LMAO I now watch to see what stupidity comes next from these guys. The captain says he started Green Peace then was kicked out due to questionable tactics... His tactics are like Pakistanis throwing rocks at tanks. They don't work. No wonder he was kicked out. The Japs are laughing at them over sake and whale sushi.
What a bunch of idiots..It amazes me the havent killed anybody yet. A noble cause for sure but...jeeez

Should somebody tell them what a "Potatoe gun" is ?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
We couldn't get that lucky I think we should send the drug dogs in on those hippies and burn their stash What a bunch of f'ing wasteoids
HELL YEA. Screw those tree hugging hippies
Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

There are dozens of fishing shows on TV every Sunday morning. I don't see any Bass, Walley or Trout wars. Heck look at the popularity of big game fishing too. I'm not saying the whales deserve to die, but why is it worse than all the other things we eat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.