Today's stupid move!!!!......

Old 03-30-2002, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Tinkerboater, Good idea !
Old 03-31-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened only once. I went to the marina and bought another ignition switch. Took 10 minutes and 2 beers to fix. I now have a backup switch if I have another brain lapse. Beats driving back home for two hours.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:09 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

OK, since we're really showing our asses here...

Last spring I take the boat out on the maiden voyage. On the way back to the ramp I start looking for my car keys and can't find them. I figure I screwed up and locked them in the truck. I get back to the ramp and walk over to the truck getting ready to break in. Well, my keys are in the truck - in the ignition with the truck still running. I'd been so excited I didn't even shut the truck off!! I lucked out that all the doors were unlocked.....
Old 03-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Ok,here is my "stupid boat trick" Yesterday I thought I would do my part for the EPA when dewinterizing boat so I put boat plug in to catch all the antifreeze I drained out of the engines thinking I would then get out and drain it into as many five gallon buckets as needed, well about halfway through second engine the automatic bilge pump cuts on and pumps ten gallons of antifreeze on garage floor. "No good deed goes unpunished"
Old 03-31-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Forgot the keys ONCE, almost forgot them about 50 times. The time I forgot them I had a 3/4 hr drive ONE WAY to go get them, luckily itwas a beautiful day so we splashed the boat and the cutie I was seeing spent the time tanning on the back of the boat so I booted back home with the truck only. From that day on through two other boats I have changed my ritual.....Since the boat sits in the driveway on the trailer when not in use I just leave the keys in it. I get up early when we are going out and start the engines on the ears as Im back to having carbs and they can be a bit of a ***** to start after sitting for a week or two, and I give the boat the once over INCLUDING making sure the plug is in........now, alot less stress at the ramp..... have the keys, touch the starter & the engines light right up, plug is IN.......now all I have to worry about is the OTHER people at the ramp.....Doug
Old 03-31-2002, 11:02 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

We keep a spare, plug and set of keys in the truck just in case.
Only because we forgot to bring a plug once.

Now are plug is on the quick drain hose, it is always there!
Bryan
Old 03-31-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nope. Never happened to me. Unh, unh. Now let me think . . . Why did I start carrying an extra set in the glove box of the truck
Old 03-31-2002, 11:29 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Yep, we all seem to baring our souls! And the EPA/Anti freeze one plus Steve leaving the truck running all day are the winners thus far in my eyes.

I forgot the plug ONCE last year! (last boat)
Was putting in just to work on the trailer, so launch, drive 10 yards away and tie up.
DAMN this boat is sluggish!
Bilge light!
Panic
Drive the boat right up onto the ramp, who cares about the gel at this point! (no damage believe it or not!)
Can't find my plug, (it is in the cuddy but panic blurred my mind!)
a guy two doors down saves the day and throws me a plug! RECKLESS's 288 son, no doubt!
I now feel the impending verbal abuse coming when he hears about it!
MAN, SOMETIMES I LEARN THE HARD WAY!
Of course he said, you should have plugged it with your finger and waited for help! OK.....

Bryan
Old 03-31-2002, 11:43 AM
Registered

Default rearended at light

Our first boat was a little bowrider and we towed it with a SS Monte Carlo and a class 2 hitch. The boat and trailer only weighed 2420 lbs so we had plenty of power and plenty of hitch. One Sat in a hurry to get to the ramp I didn't have the receiver in the hitch far enough but didn't notice it when I slid the pin in. Thank God we were only going 2 or 3 miles . There was one light between the house and the ramp and when we stopped I got hit in the ass. I jumped out of the car all pissed off wanting to know who the moron was that hit us only to find out that it was our own damn boat. Moral of the story, always hook your chains up no matter how far you're going. That could have been ugly.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:38 PM
Banned

Forgot the plug only yesterday! Luckily, I remembered seeing a pvc plug somewhere in the boat when I bought it. Had to do some searching, but we found it. Yes, I checked before launching the boat. I NEVER take the keys out of the boat.

Quick Reply: Today's stupid move!!!!......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.