Why does this need to happen????

Notices

Why does this need to happen????

Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
PR's are all down in attendance across the board

Jammin on the James had 108 boats!! maybe a few should call RPBA and get some guidance!!!! Make these runs about something other then yourselves and people will be there!

Most of us are more fortunate then others... Its not a bad thing to make someones wish come true.. On the other hand some people make there living off organizing events! Maybe they should step back like most of us have in this economy and not make people dig so DEEP.

Just my.02
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
Jammin on the James had 108 boats!! maybe a few should call RPBA and get some guidance!!!! Make these runs about something other then yourselves and people will be there!

Most of us are more fortunate then others... Its not a bad thing to make someones wish come true.. On the other hand some people make there living off organizing events! Maybe they should step back like most of us have in this economy and not make people dig so DEEP.

Just my.02

Well said! I concur....glad everyone enjoyed the JOTJ Run this weekend. It is an awesome event; we made 07' & 08' but this year was different.....our little girl Bailey came on June 16th!

Speaking from experience, BT can be an arrogant SOB. Any questions, pm me and I'll elaborate.
Just my .02
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

I know Bill and I find this hard to believe.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

The Platinum Powerboat Club is about supporting the sport of high performance boating and granting wishes for the less fortunate. This club is a not for profit organization. There date does not conflict with a Bill Taylor's date, so why be so shallow as to hurt the efforts of what's good? After all, Joy put Bill Taylor's event on last year, he should Thank her!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I've met Kenny and Wendy, i I think it is great that they have taken the time along with others to help make a wish. Many of us make our livings in areas that have been hit hard by the economy such as auto and construction, and for them to still put on an event speaks volumes of the type of people they are.
this same mentality is what has ruined racing.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
first post....and there has to be more to this story, just can't see something like this happening out of the blue...
QUICK THREAD JACK

For my own information as well as the benefit of others as this comes up on occasion. What is the minimum post count a user is required to have obtained on this board prior to saying anything negative and/or questioning anyone with any sort of notoriety or long standing affiliation with offshore boating? Thank you.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by texaschopper
QUICK THREAD JACK

For my own information as well as the benefit of others as this comes up on occasion. What is the minimum post count a user is required to have obtained on this board prior to saying anything negative and/or questioning anyone with any sort of notoriety or long standing affiliation with offshore boating? Thank you.
I'm guessing your question is mostly sarcasm, but as one of the "oldest" members on here (had to re-register once, but I've been here pretty since there was an OSO) I'll give an an answer anyway.

This board (like many others) has a history of "one post wonders" who pop on here anonymously, post some inflammatory comment, and then disappear. There is almost always more to the story. This sort of behavior was in evidence over and over again, from the Mike Allweis APBA/SBI b.s., to the snit about the Havasu poker run that went for-profit, to rumors of a certain brand of boat barrel rolling. The vast majority of time people use the ability to post here constructively, but some take advantage of the ability to be anonymous in order to simply stir up some ****.

Now, if the original poster had come on here and said something like this:

Hey all, I know this is my first post, but hear me out. I don't want to post my name at this time, but wanted to relay this situation. As you may know, Platinum Powerboat Club was formed with the intent of putting on a poker run on Lake Norman. This group is non-profit and the proceeds benefit Make-a-wish foundation. I've heard from several people that Bill Taylor of PRA has contacted them and ask them not to participate in Platinum's run. Again, this is what I've heard from a couple folks; I've not been contacted directly. I don't know why Bill would do something like this, but wanted to relay the story. I've tried to contact him numerous times to ask about this but have not gotten a response, so I thought the next step would be to put this out on OSO.
Now something like that takes the Joe Friday, just the facts approach. Instead, we get a first post that *could* just be anger and indignation, but looks and smells an awful lot like an effort to just stir up ****. Given the history of "one post wonders" in this community, there's a tendency to take such posts with a grain of salt.

As it stands, it looks like the OP heard something through the grapevine and jumped on here to slam Bill Taylor and PRA on a public forum. Has anyone contacted Bill and asked him WTF? Don't know. Anyone that has been contacted directly want to chime in and relate the content of that conversation?

I have no dog in this fight - could be that Bill Taylor is the reincarnation of Ghandi, or that he's the biggest ***** in the world. I am saying that the original post looks an awful lot like any number of first post slams we've seen around here in the past, and a little moderation would go a long way toward establishing some credibility.

I'm off to get the popcorn - you guys want butter?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes Dockrocker it was mostly sarcasm but you make a valid point, so my question has been answered and now back to the topic at hand

Hey all, I know this is my first post, but hear me out. I don't want to post my name at this time, but wanted to relay this situation. As you may know, Platinum Powerboat Club was formed with the intent of putting on a poker run on Lake Norman. This group is non-profit and the proceeds benefit Make-a-wish foundation. I've heard from several people that Bill Taylor of PRA has contacted them and ask them not to participate in Platinum's run. Again, this is what I've heard from a couple folks; I've not been contacted directly. I don't know why Bill would do something like this, but wanted to relay the story. I've tried to contact him numerous times to ask about this but have not gotten a response, so I thought the next step would be to put this out on OSO.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by dockrocker
I'm guessing your question is mostly sarcasm, but as one of the "oldest" members on here (had to re-register once, but I've been here pretty since there was an OSO) I'll give an an answer anyway.

This board (like many others) has a history of "one post wonders" who pop on here anonymously, post some inflammatory comment, and then disappear. There is almost always more to the story. This sort of behavior was in evidence over and over again, from the Mike Allweis APBA/SBI b.s., to the snit about the Havasu poker run that went for-profit, to rumors of a certain brand of boat barrel rolling. The vast majority of time people use the ability to post here constructively, but some take advantage of the ability to be anonymous in order to simply stir up some ****.

Now, if the original poster had come on here and said something like this:

Now something like that takes the Joe Friday, just the facts approach. Instead, we get a first post that *could* just be anger and indignation, but looks and smells an awful lot like an effort to just stir up ****. Given the history of "one post wonders" in this community, there's a tendency to take such posts with a grain of salt.

As it stands, it looks like the OP heard something through the grapevine and jumped on here to slam Bill Taylor and PRA on a public forum. Has anyone contacted Bill and asked him WTF? Don't know. Anyone that has been contacted directly want to chime in and relate the content of that conversation?

I have no dog in this fight - could be that Bill Taylor is the reincarnation of Ghandi, or that he's the biggest ***** in the world. I am saying that the original post looks an awful lot like any number of first post slams we've seen around here in the past, and a little moderation would go a long way toward establishing some credibility.

I'm off to get the popcorn - you guys want butter?
Nice to see you post again. I miss your old avitar. That headbanger was one of my favorites.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

I know - I lost that .gif in a system crash and have never been able to find another copy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.