Notices

Fountain/Mercury/Baja

Old 07-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks to me that if Fountain continues to purchase exclusively Merc engines and drives for the duration of the agreement, Reggie gets Baja for free. Hard to beat that deal with a stick. There is a market for Baja's, and it seems that they will continue to build them as they were, in terms of styling and design, with a few material and construction upgrades. The majority of todays buyers seem to prefer Merc / Blue power anyways, so how can they go wrong here? Brunswick / Merc gets two of the largest volume builders using only their products, Fountain adds Baja to their product line and ups their overall volume, Win - Win deal in my book.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Another stupid thread. BRUNSWICK HAS NO INTEREST in Fountain.
Another stupid response....
If Merc owns or controls .1% of Fountain then Brunswick has an interest in Fountain.

Tell me Fountain is not in bed with Merc.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have exclusive powering agreement. Brunswick owns other boat companies but does not own any stock in any other publicly traded corp. including Fountain. Only entity that owns more than 5% of Fountain is Reggie who owned about 51.6 % last time I looked it up.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Here's the deal right out of Fountain's 10-Q:

In addition to normal cross default provisions common
in promissory notes, breach by the Company of either of the two Engine Supply
Agreements described in Note 4 of this Report would cause all principal and
interest under the Note to become due.
do you have a copy of the "note 4"? just curious
Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
They have exclusive powering agreement. Brunswick owns other boat companies but does not own any stock in any other publicly traded corp. including Fountain. Only entity that owns more than 5% of Fountain is Reggie who owned about 51.6 % last time I looked it up.
Thank you, ahhhhhh....a factual answer.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Exclusive powering agreement? They quoted me on a Baja with an Ilmor in it only a month ago. I decided to go with another boat but they did offer the Ilmor as an option.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered

Once again PISMO...Stupid thread!!! Fiat owns Ferrari. So what. this thread was started for one reason. to stur up crap. and it worked. Brunswick has no interest in Fountain...period. and even if they did. does it matter. So people can bash Fountain and make dumb alligations and start rummors?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

And one last note. The only reason anyone THINKS they know all there is to know about Fountain, Merc, Brunswick is because they are public. People are noisy and like to spread rumors and gossip. Lets look into Skip barbers finances or Mike Fiore.....ect. How did they or do they get there money. Anytime there is bashing to be done Fountain is in the middle of it. FACT: The boating industry would not have nearly the technology, saftey, speed or the races or the knowledge if Fountain was not around. That is a fact. Live with it!! Fountain Powerboats and Mr. Fountain have put more into this sport, hobby or past time than ANY OTHER boat company. period. NO One has put forth the effort or the money to make this sport what it is today.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

It's all here:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...sp?Symbol=FPWB
Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
That is a fact. Live with it!! Fountain Powerboats and Mr. Fountain have put more into this sport, hobby or past time than ANY OTHER boat company. period. NO One has put forth the effort or the money to make this sport what it is today.

Well that pretty much sums it up. There is only one guy and everyone else is worthless. Kind of sounds like the guy we have in the White House.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.