Like Tree0Likes

Fountain/Mercury/Baja

Reply
Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 PM
  #31
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Smarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pitman, NJ
My Boats: Boatless
Posts: 2,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
Matter of opinion really. Ever heard of a man named Don Aronow? He would probably laugh at that statement.
I met Mr. Aronow as a child at the 188th Street plant; my father bought the first 20' Cigarette that Don made (and owned a 27' Magnum Sport for 18 years, plus a 16' Donzi, and two 18' Donzi's), so I know Aronow. I disagree, I have never owned a Fountain, nor do I have love (or hate) for Reggie. The bottomline is he helped raise the bar in V-bottom performance boats. Skater took it to another level (in catamarans), but that is a different thread.

I will stick with my comment, factually accurate is right. Your opinion is just different from the facts. Have a good summer.

Last edited by Smarty; 07-31-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Cat
Smarty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM
  #32
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern NY
My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
Posts: 4,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCAT View Post
So !



You need to post a larger version of Mrs. Perfect's shirt!

I can't read the bottom line, and think it is something worth reading.
RaggedEdge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 AM
  #33
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC
Posts: 8,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainracing65 View Post
Don who? nope never heard of him. I know a Don Ho, he used to be a singer on the island of Hawaii.
I do know his daughter is hot...

phragle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
  #34
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
My Boats: 1987 Scarab Panther
Posts: 2,118
Default

Is that Reggie's chain?
BenPerfected is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 AM
  #35
Registered
 
NASCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
My Boats: 2017 Nor-Tech 340
Posts: 2,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
You need to post a larger version of Mrs. Perfect's shirt!

I can't read the bottom line, and think it is something worth reading.
The bottom line is quite important!
Attached Thumbnails
Fountain/Mercury/Baja-mrs-right.jpg  
NASCAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
  #36
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

The performance boat world started before most of the players alive today were born.

Just go up to the boat museum in New York and look at the large wooden boats with Packard V-12 engines that ran 70 MPH back in the 40ís and 50ís.

Don Aaronow in my opinion did more than anyone to establish the concept of performance boating as we know it today and bring us the icon brands we know.

I feel it is much larger than just one man or just one company.
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
  #37
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wi.
My Boats: 2000 42 Lightning
Posts: 486
Default

Stir stir stir
satisfied1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
  #38
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
augie58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: wisconsin
My Boats: 98 formula 353
Posts: 486
Default

Isn't Brunswick/Mercury holding a large amount of Fountian debt besides the Faja deal?
augie58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
  #39
Registered
 
mikes280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: charlotte nc.
My Boats: velocity/proline
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainracing65 View Post
And one last note. The only reason anyone THINKS they know all there is to know about Fountain, Merc, Brunswick is because they are public. People are noisy and like to spread rumors and gossip.
Is your name Reggie , cause you are the one that seems to be the all knowing one around here.
mikes280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
  #40
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 323
Default

well for example.....AUGIE58 just made a comment....doesnt merc hold a bunch of debt for Fountain. Outside of the day to day billing NO they dont. Yes Brunswick gave Fountain a loan for I believe 18 million. In exchange for the POSSIBLE exchange of stock. Fountain repaid the debt and Brunswick choose not to take the stock. Once again all public information. Im sure no different than all other boat builders do buisness. The only beef I have is everyone is so fast to jump on these threads and stir crap. Can we see Outerlimits money trail? Cigs money trail? I am sure its very simular. My point is Fountain has opened there books so everyone of the financial geniues on these threads can ask dumb questions as if they want Fountain to fail. Just like the threads on Lake Cummberland Marine. Does it make everyone feel good to read this crap? We are all on these boards because we love boats. BOATS!!! ALL BOATS. I wish there were more positive threads.
fountainracing65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.